British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Belle Vue 18/4/17

We are currently operating, at best, as a 5 man team. This makes winning any match particularly difficult, and puts so much pressure on the top 4. I am hoping for a win, but it would be no surprise at all to see a aces take the points.

Depends how their averages are looking, they might not want to chase the win too much but settle for a point

Can see it being the usual BV performance at Monmore again..

Thorsell will have another good night against us, and Skornicki will get seven or eight..

We will get more than 40 and probably pick up a point but come away, like we usually do when we leave Monmore thinking 'what might have been'..

Obviously hope I am wrong and we get 60...!!😉

BELIEVE that last year's tyres are now permitted. Another knee-jerk decision by the BSPA that has backfired.

If this is correct, would be interesting to see if anyone reverts to the 2016 versions.

There was a rumour that Clegg was unhappy with the new hard compound tyres, so will he be using the softer tyre instead, if permitted, tonight?

I have also heard that last years tyre is permitted as long as all 14 riders agree prior to the meeting.

however I also believe that their is not enough of these red banded tyres in circulation in the uk.

I have also heard that last years tyre is permitted as long as all 14 riders agree prior to the meeting.

however I also believe that their is not enough of these red banded tyres in circulation in the uk.

I believe there seemed to be a big discussion and issue about which tyres to use at Swindon on Sunday

If this is correct, would be interesting to see if anyone reverts to the 2016 versions.

There was a rumour that Clegg was unhappy with the new hard compound tyres, so will he be using the softer tyre instead, if permitted, tonight?

Smiler wasn't too ecstatic about the new ones either in his post Berwick interview but not slagging them off totally either.

Craig Cook in his Facebook q&a last week said he had not had any problems with the new tyre.

Couple of BV riders said they had no problems with tyres and don't mind them.

Think the "Weak" Aces reserves could well be the match winners, Bewley different gravy last night.

All good for the averages and potential changes. A narrow win is the perfect result.

• Like 1

And another two 0's for Skornicki being nowhere near in both.....

Rory Schlein in tomorrow please.

6 point lead for Wolves at the interval before heat 11.

Still a long way to go though. Belle Vue very much in with a chance.

Looks to me like Skornicki is riding a GM not the German engine.

Heat 10 Masters tried to take Worral out to the fence bend 1 but fell off himself, ridiculous all 4 back decision by the referee.

Looks to me like Skornicki is riding a GM not the German engine.

Heat 10 Masters tried to take Worral out to the fence bend 1 but fell off himself, ridiculous all 4 back decision by the referee.

The tractor that was going round in the interval looked quicker than Skornicki's bike to be honest.

On the Ref decision, my initial thought is that it might be a Masters exclusion but I guess he went with the "safe" decision of 1st bend bunching.

Edited by Perton Wolf

Excellent coverage on BBC West Midlands