British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Great news, especially after the dozens of riders that came through his training school last year. Oh wait... :lol:

Yes, I recall the previous BSF debate in regard to the TW training scheme and what the venture produced! :unsure:

I dont supose he does give a monkeys, but its only his name. So Neil vatcher is doing a poor job yeh ?

Vatcher is a very decent man but he could do with some help so why would we not take it with Tai's input?but in this sport we have always been the same we never pull together as one.

Vatcher is a very decent man but he could do with some help so why would we not take it with Tai's input?but in this sport we have always been the same we never pull together as one.

Makes you wonder how the likes of PC Havy mike lee Mark loram Lee richardson Scott nicholls all got to the top with no significant help then..

Much is being made of TW's involvement with British speedway youth development. However, nobody appears able to produce an official statement in regard to this and what his role is to be. Is there a Link available giving this information? I am not only the Poster who has requested this.

Makes you wonder how the likes of PC Havy mike lee Mark loram Lee richardson Scott nicholls all got to the top with no significant help then..

I'd say junior grasstrack was a much bigger feeder system back then...the likes of Collins and later were all well known young grasstrackers..it was a huge feeder system

Plus the Belle Vue trying school..other tracks with significantly more practice time available than today....and the fact that the European leagues were not what they were today..to be a top rider you had to race here..so there were team spots against the best immediately available on a level playing field...

I feel it's so much harder for a youngster today to break through and then after getting a UK team place there is so much further to go still..

• Like 5

I'd say junior grasstrack was a much bigger feeder system back then...

..... a level playing field...

I feel it's so much harder for a youngster today to break through and then after getting a UK team place there is so much further to go still..

There is still a good grasstrack opportunity for youngsters to learn their trade. Low cost racing. And most grasstracks I raced on were far from level. Youngsters who can race that, don't complain at the odd bump or rut when they get on the speedways.

So where is all the info on Woffinden working with youngsters?

Link?

Fair comment Steve Shover - you pose a question that's very much in need of an answer. :unsure:

Much is being made of TW's involvement with British speedway youth development. However, nobody appears able to produce an official statement in regard to this and what his role is to be. Is there a Link available giving this information? I am not only the Poster who has requested this.

Why are we still waiting for answers?

A different era different league in the 70/80s we were top dogs all the best like Penhall had to come here to ride look what we have now a crying shame.

Why are we still waiting for answers?

Perhaps nobody knows.

So where is all the info on Woffinden working with youngsters?

Link?

Fair comment Steve Shover - you pose a question that's very much in need of an answer. :unsure:

The first word in my opening post was Hopefully, Tai tweeted his "massive project has been given the green light" as of yet we can only speculate what the green light was given for, but hopefully it will be to help develop our speedway to the next level.

Of course it could be something completely different, we should find out soon.

• Like 1

The first word in my opening post was Hopefully, Tai tweeted his "massive project has been given the green light" as of yet we can only speculate what the green light was given for, but hopefully it will be to help develop our speedway to the next level.

Not that soon, that Tweet is five days old.

​Perhaps if you had also explained that your comment was based on a Twitter Tweet much of the ensuing uncertainty could have been avoided from the start?

​However, your latest Post does end the need for constant calls as to an explanation. Odd though that the Tweet sender has made such a comment - a few days ago - yet nothing has emanated on the SGB website in regard to him. Yet there has been quite a few comments on the website in regard to youth speedway. :rolleyes:

Not that soon, that Tweet is five days old.

Well said foamfence. :approve:

Edited by Guest

Surely we are all unhappy and disappointed when our stand out No.1 rider is at odds with the ruling body to the extent he chooses not to ride for Team GB.

Time for reconciliation? Certainly the sport in this country needs all the help it can get. Be it on the World stage or helping to develop young riders for the future. Maybe Tai isn't the easiest guy to work with but is that a reason to walk away (by either party).

As a fan and English, I follow Tai's riding with interest. As to the rest, I don't know the full facts and therefore don't pass judgement

avbsobloodylutely not . sod Tai woffinden BSPA wont bow to his demands so he spits the dummy and wont ride for GB , good riddance ,who needs him to train the next generation to be scruffy selfish bigheaded tramps

• Like 2

​Perhaps if you had also explained that your comment was based on a Twitter Tweet much of the ensuing uncertainty could have been avoided from the start?

​However, your latest Post does end the need for constant calls as to an explanation. Odd though that the Tweet sender has made such a comment - a few days ago - yet nothing has emanated on the SGB website in regard to him. Yet there has been quite a few comments on the website in regard to youth speedway. :rolleyes:

As I am not a regular on Twitter, I only read about it yesterday, I couldn't see a topic on here about it so I started one. As you now acknowledge my reply to your post has cleared up any need for explanation, I was hoping for a decent topic where posters could/would give their opinions on Tai's tweet. The usual culprits are the ones to throw spanners in the works though.

Of course it could be something completely different, we should find out when he/they are good and ready to inform us.

Happy now.

Well said foamfence. :approve:

Maybe it has nothing to do with British Speedway.. a massive project might be something completely outside of speedway

• Like 1