British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Newcastle V Edinburgh Ch 14/5/17 @ 6.30pm

Said that a few times, but people just called me mad lol... And I think I know who I'd get rid of if I was being... Ruthless... (How's Matej's leg nowadays?)

On another note, I think Ben Hopwood looked good, he led heat 14 for a couple of laps, even though he did hold Ludvig up a bit, very impressive and didn't look like falling off... Glad to see local lad Josh Embleton get signed for number 8, wonder if George is thinking about using Josh at home and Connor away instead of dragging Connor up from Eastbourne every weekend...

Was hoping the news would be the other way around, Connor on weekends and number 8 James Shanes during the week :) But unfortunately... No

Glad to hear that Danny Phillips seems to be getting better, put my fiver in the collection, and I hope many others did too

Welp..... Tero signed for Scunthorpe so what was going through my head is out the window now

Even as a 6 and 7, I would be happy with Shanes and Embleton.

Shanes won't sign full time because of grasstrack and longtrack at weekends, and Embleton will never be able to travel as much as he needs to, doesn't even have a van as far as I know, I suspect he's for mostly home meeting and the odd away one

Plus, I'm pretty happy now with Connor and Ben, just nice to be able to pull James out of the hat during the week every once in a while

• Like 1

I was impressed by the way Hopwood took heat 14 by the scruff of the neck - yes, he should have let Ludde by, but he can be excused a rush of blood to the head. You can tell he is used to leading races, and I'm not sure if that's the case with Coles.

At the risk of being boring about it, to my eyes the league has been watered down too much and it's taking some getting used to, for me at least.

• Like 1

Said that a few times, but people just called me mad lol... And I think I know who I'd get rid of if I was being... Ruthless... (How's Matej's leg nowadays?)

Absolutely agree one of the top five has to go to allow us strengthen at reserve and Ruthless has not shown the same commitment as last season or indeed the efforts he has made for Kings Lynn this season. His performance at Redcar and last night (apart from heat 15) were shocking and his so called transport problems for the British Semi Final let everyone down at Newcastle - a train from Stanstead to Peterborough and then Peterborough to Newcastle takes less than four hours. Talk of the RAC and trying to get a flight to Glasgow by his team make him look silly. It will be interesting to see what the result of the SCB investigation is

Absolutely agree one of the top five has to go to allow us strengthen at reserve and Ruthless has not shown the same commitment as last season or indeed the efforts he has made for Kings Lynn this season. His performance at Redcar and last night (apart from heat 15) were shocking and his so called transport problems for the British Semi Final let everyone down at Newcastle - a train from Stanstead to Peterborough and then Peterborough to Newcastle takes less than four hours. Talk of the RAC and trying to get a flight to Glasgow by his team make him look silly. It will be interesting to see what the result of the SCB investigation is

Wow, you want to drop Robert?! He certainly looked committed to me at Peterborough! Unbelievable 😯
  • Like 1

Even as a 6 and 7, I would be happy with Shanes and Embleton.

Josh needs an NL place. He isn't anywhere near ready for PL.. sorry, SGB Championship, yet. Give it a couple of years though and who knows?

As far as Shanes is concerned, he would miss too many meetings with his Longtrack & Grasstrack commitments, which is a pity, as he appears to be the best of the 2.00 riders that aren't riding in the SGBC.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 4

Give over... so you'd drop the best talent to emerge from this country for a generation because of a bad showing?? Where has he not shown commitment to Newcastle diamonds exactly?
  • Like 1

I think I may have just logged onto an alternate reality BSF forum or someone has not been taking the pills. For starts, dropping Connor and dropping Josh in at the deep end is pure lunacy, the lad is a million miles away from SGB Championship level and he would have had to make almost unprecedented progress for him to even be considered. I think it is good that Newcastle are looking to the future but I think he is viewed as way in the future. Second and I feel I am repeating myself here but, drop Robert Lambert, come on, next you'll be saying we should bring back Manuel Hauzinger!!! The way Lambert and Worrall popped out of the start in 15 and performances for the Diamonds by both and especially Lambert at Peterborough prove exactly why he needs to stay.

I don't think any of our riders really rode well last night, probably Ashley had his best start to a meeting for a while but all of the team were very inconsistent and the Monarchs took advantage of that. I was impressed with Hopwood, he got stuck in and once he has got to grips with the track I think he could be a good addition to the team. It is a real shame he could not have held on for another two bends in 14 as I think Ludvig would have rounded both of them and at worst we would have got a 4-2 but it was not meant to be.

I'm off to see if anything else is strange in this reality, maybe Prince William is King William and Sunderland won the Premier League and Champion League!! :o:o :o

• Like 1

Newcastle probably acted hastily to sign Embleton after Glasgow used him at number 8, scared an other would snap him up lol... still he is light years away from a championship reserve at the moment, but def one for the future imo

Weather report for those fans above the Border coming down to Newcastle today.

It's slightly overcast at the moment, but the sun is just about to start to peek out and be out for the rest of the day.

Little chance of rain, with maybe a spot in the afternoon, and the temperature is forecast to be 15 to 16 degrees.

So a nice day for a day out, and to see a good meeting between old foes the Diamonds versus the Monarchs. We tend to win up there, and they tend to win tour place, but I think we will win this one to deny them a point.

See you there.

OOOPS. Didn't expect the Clegg effect. Well done Max.

Newcastle probably acted hastily to sign Embleton after Glasgow used him at number 8, scared an other would snap him up lol... still he is light years away from a championship reserve at the moment, but def one for the future imo

No, George talked to me then Josh a couple of weeks ago about signing. Ask him.

• Like 1

OOOPS. Didn't expect the Clegg effect. Well done Max.

No, George talked to me then Josh a couple of weeks ago about signing. Ask him.

Fair enough, still better to snap him up before others start to sniff about... is this the first product of the training schools?

Fair enough, still better to snap him up before others start to sniff about... is this the first product of the training schools?

George talked to me about signing Josh after our NJL meeting at Glasgow on the 8th April. From that showing, obviously Glasgow remembered his performance so that was why they got him to Guest for them.

The first product of the school was actually Liam Carr, but with the NJL team currently made up of riders who all started at the training school, I certainly hope the progress continues. Archie will be next.

• Like 1

Sorry, but this result just highlights oue weaknesses, people will point at heat 13 and say that was the problem, but it is totally unfair to rely on Robert & Steve to keep on producing - the issue is lower end and not getting enough points.

But then I find out the real reason - the track wasn't right - it was too dry!! So whose fault is that? It appears at Redcar it was too wet, and now we don't like it too dry, poor Jonny swales must have headaches all week planning his prep! He doesn't need to worry, because if we win track was perfect, if we don't it wasn't.

Amazing logic that this affects the home side more, so in future I don't expect any moaning from George if we travel away, track is "different" to usual because of weather or any other reason and we lose - by his own logic it should have given us a better chance!

• Like 3

Sorry, but this result just highlights oue weaknesses, people will point at heat 13 and say that was the problem, but it is totally unfair to rely on Robert & Steve to keep on producing - the issue is lower end and not getting enough points.

But then I find out the real reason - the track wasn't right - it was too dry!! So whose fault is that? It appears at Redcar it was too wet, and now we don't like it too dry, poor Jonny swales must have headaches all week planning his prep! He doesn't need to worry, because if we win track was perfect, if we don't it wasn't.

Amazing logic that this affects the home side more, so in future I don't expect any moaning from George if we travel away, track is "different" to usual because of weather or any other reason and we lose - by his own logic it should have given us a better chance!

Regardless what spin people try to put on it, it was the dynamic return of form of a struggling reserve that cost us the loss of 2 points, and gave Edinburgh a draw.

• Like 1

Wow, you want to drop Robert?! He certainly looked committed to me at Peterborough! Unbelievable

Give over... so you'd drop the best talent to emerge from this country for a generation because of a bad showing?? Where has he not shown commitment to Newcastle diamonds exactly?

I see logic in all three of these, and I don't think people want to drop Robert because of a poor showing, I think it's so we can strengthen the bottom end... In some ways I think it would be sensible, but in other ways I want to see one of the best talents in the world at Brough. I still have it in my head that he will get too busy this year with all the teams he rides for... Not saying he'll drop the Diamonds, but he might get too knackered, and he's already said Germany takes priority, King's Lynn will no doubt, take priority and the same can be said for Poland and probably Sweden... So are we bottom of the list for him? Just an observation... I'm sure, as I've said before, Matej would gladly come in if we needed him, and that would free up a couple of points elsewhere.....

I'm just worried we'll get dumped right before the play-offs (If we make them, maybe not) for other teams...

• Like 1