British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesM09

Somerset V Rye House- Rye House V Somerset 19th/20th May

Can't believe plenty were saying Rye were a top 4 team, me included. Needs an injection of youth to save their season.

I was one of them.

Well done Richard...showing big boys fastest way round tonight.

Edited by baba
  • Like 1

I will put my hand up to being very pessimistic about the Rebels team change saga and I was not overly complimentary to the incoming trio of riders but those views were soon allayed after they had each taken a ride in their first match at the OTA last evening. Come the end of the match it was as though Richard Lawson had been with us all season by the way he rode and gelled with the supporters and celebrated his very creditable 15 points. Cameron Heeps is going to keep Jake on his toes and rode brilliantly, I had not taken much notice of him previously but he has made me sit up and take notice now !!! Lewis Kerr will find his feet and develop but he still turned in a reasonable debut score. I was concerned how the "new" boys would fit in with the existing team and was worried if the camaraderie of the original team would disappear but any worries on that score faded with the evening sun. GO REBELS !!! ONWARD !!! And you, Garry May !!! :t: Oh and by the way Debbie ! BUY THE NEW BOYS SOME TEAM KEVLARS PLEASE !!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 2

The track was in mint condition tonight, best it's been all year and Charles Wright would of revelled on that. He'd of been much better value than the 5 points R/R got.

That's a very fair point which I overlooked. Wider fact is though that Perks is one of, if not the best number seven around and they can't replace his scoring with guests.

Another great night of Speedway. Can only concur to what some others have said.

The track was fantastic. Plenty of dirt, and the rain water over the week kept it bound together and provided many racing lines. What a treat. Producing the fastest times of the season. Josh only half a second off the track record in heat 1.

It looked ominous on the way down from Bristol...left in Bright sunshine, to be welcomed by a mass of black cloud and the radio reporting local flooding. However...the wind blew in land off the coast, and the clouds never reached the Oaktree.

Was really impressed by Cameron Heeps. Loved his riding style too...the new BWD around the Oaktree?

The score doesn't really reflect how well Rye rode. Good close racing again, with plenty of passing. A joy to watch.

Eddie Kennet performed like our recent Rohan did...very inconsistent. Granted he did take a tumble.

Will be interesting to see how the lads get on at Rye tonight, weather permitting.

Can't wait for the next home meeting.

• Like 1

So good to see all you Rebel fans liking Heeps 1st meeting for you, fingers crossed he continues with scores like that for you.

He's been IMO and think quite a few other Witches fans rider if the season so far .

A fantastic evening of speedway and RH played a full part in some great racing. The score line does not fully tell the story of the great racing served up.

• Like 1

James Shanes would have been far better than Baseby

From the reports it's doubtful that Shane's or Perks would have got close to Allen and Heeps, let alone any of the top 4. Wrighty would have scored more than 5 as well. Edited by Cliffeboy

From the reports it's doubtful that Shane's or Perks would have got close to Allen and Heeps, let alone any of the top 4. Wrighty would have scored more than 5 as well.

I agree, and I believe Somerset won fair and square and congrats to them, but my point was would you have preferred Shanes or Baseby.

Rye website saying its all systems go for tonight with just light rain forecast this afternoon, I live about 45 minutes from the track and its pouring down here at present and the clouds appear to be blowing in Rye's direction, anyone closer than me to the track who has updates on the weather it would be appreciated

No sooner asked about the weather and rain stops and the Suns out, let's hope it stays that way :lol: lol

Rye website saying its all systems go for tonight with just light rain forecast this afternoon, I live about 45 minutes from the track and its pouring down here at present and the clouds appear to be blowing in Rye's direction, anyone closer than me to the track who has updates on the weather it would be appreciated

No sooner asked about the weather and rain stops and the Suns out, let's hope it stays that way :lol: lol

Had a downpour around 2.30, lasted around 15 minutes. Pretty dark overhead