British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

Hello..... Its me, The bloke who watches speedway through rose tinted glasses and wont have a bad word said against this briliant sport. Ive stuck up for Redcar and the sport over the seasons. Any bears fan knows as far as im concerned I prefer good close racing to winning and loosing and applaud riders from both sides at the end of each race. If an opposition rider puts a spectacular move on a Bears rider I get the same WoW feeling I would have done if the rolls were reversed. Or if the opposition team were excellent and gave my team a good tonking then well done them. The bears finished bottom of the league the last two seasons, but I still looked forward to each Thursday coming around to get my fix. I still will go along each week as I haven't lost my appitite for the sport. Saying that, something wasn't right last Thursday and I think even before a wheel was turned Redcar were never going to be the winners of that meeting. I can take a loss, heaven knows I've seen plenty, but that defeat had dodgy written all the way through it. When I read this morning that Glasgow have been awarded the points, part of me thought " a defeat, yeah I can live with that good for them", but I cant shake off the other half which still has a bitter taste in my mouth. I said it last week and Ill say it again...."fishy, very very fishy".

Fair point, but, by the same token, the decision to award the meeting, does Redcar Bears no favours at all. I don't meaning the awarding of points, it goes deeper than that.

Kevin Keay and his team have worked extremely hard to put Redcar Bears back on the map. The quality of speedway has improved immensely and attendances are up.

Imagine what many supporters , and , more importantly, new supporters, must be thinking about the sport right now when decisions like this are made. I bet you, like me, have introduced people to the sport and then tried to explained the rules and regulations to them!

I'm just hoping that the forth coming statement. Isnt a change for the clubs promotion/ management. We need to back the club after like you say, after all the good work that's been done and move on....hopefully all together

so does that mean 'Bears' fans get £6 back, or £5 back off the next match, or does that not happen anymore ???

Redcar fans no what time the racing has to stop 10pm that's down to Redcar promotion to sort out there finishing time not BSPA SCB or Glasgow

10 PM curfew in a industrial estate is that correct

It is 10pm and I believe it is a council stipulation in the lease. Redcar do comply with the rules.

It is 10pm and I believe it is a council stipulation in the lease. Redcar do comply with the rules.

There rules.

It's not too far from the nearest housing - I know the bikes can be definitely be heard from the nearest housing estate on a Thursday.

In fact, I believe further trees were planted on the back straight this year to help with sound proofing.

I might be wrong in my thinking but what if Richard Lawson had been disqualified (as I think he was the cause of the stoppage) then Redcar could have gained 1 (3-2) heat point and not lost 5 (5-0) in a two rider rerun of heat 10?

But your thinking is hypothetical as Richard wasn't excluded that is the fact of the matter so barring anything untoward happening it was going to be a 5-0 to Glasgow.

Why you are thinking otherwise is pointless , who knows how the rest of the meeting would have panned out my crystal ball is in for a polish.

Edited by Gazc

There rules.

Do you mean the council rules? Breaking their rules could lead to permanent closure, does anyone want that?

But your thinking is hypothetical as Richard wasn't excluded that is the fact of the matter so barring anything untoward happening it was going to be a 5-0 to Glasgow.

Why you are thinking otherwise is pointless , who knows how the rest of the meeting would have panned out my crystal ball is in for a polish.

Richard was not excluded but we have seen one major refs ruling overturned so why not the exclusion issue.

I am a Glasgow fan so my knowledge and eye witness account of the incident will be dismissed.

However perhaps the best summation of the events comes from the wise sage Edinburgh's Mike Hunter who on their Facebook discussion page, posted the following.

'I think they are effectively saying Redcar were guilty of sharp practise in going past the curfew. That's what 'exceptional circumstances' means.'

I am a Glasgow fan so my knowledge and eye witness account of the incident will be dismissed.

However perhaps the best summation of the events comes from the wise sage Edinburgh's Mike Hunter who on their Facebook discussion page, posted the following.

'I think they are effectively saying Redcar were guilty of sharp practise in going past the curfew. That's what 'exceptional circumstances' means.'

Redcar did not go past the curfew so how was "going past the curfew" sharp practice?

So all the track staff who were assisting with the fence and air bags repairs, were throwing water over themselves to con people into thinking it was sweat, just ask turn right Richie who was helping with the repairs, I think even he could clarify the work going on

Your eye witness account appears to be relying on the interpretation of the ruling by someone who wasn't an eye witness to the events.

Not dismissing it because you are a Glasgow fan.

This thread is bordering on the insane now what do they put in the water in Teeside.

Bottom line we lodged an appeal we won said appeal think I and my fellow Tiger fan's should refrain from posting on this thread.

Pissi*g and against the wind springs to mind you Teesiders can continue your conspiracy theory all by yourselves have fun.

Edited by Gazc