British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Wolverhampton Wolves 7/6/17

Next Wednesday sees the league leaders visit Wimborne Road which could be a tough encounter for Poole.

I have started this topic before the result of tonight's away meeting at Leicester.I am hoping for an away win but taking nothing for granted.

The Pirates have not had a meeting at home for a month, so could be a little track rusty with new temp signing Gzergorz Zengota making his home debut. Poole will need to all be at thier best to see off the threat from the Wolves.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shaleshifter

Poole by 10-15.

Lindgren and Schlein will not be 100%

KK only got 7 so Zengota should do better and the Poole reserves last time got paid 28.

Schlien should double Skornickis 3 points but Poole should have enough against a weakened Wolves side

Poole by 10-15.

KK only got 7 so Zengota should do better and the Poole reserves last time got paid 28.

Schlien should double Skornickis 3 points but Poole should have enough against a weakened Wolves side

Are you taking the P??! Wolves are the best team in the league on form a.t.m and we couldn't beat Swindon so hardly going to beat Wolves! If Lindgren not fit they want to get Morris or Doyle to guest.

Are you taking the P??! Wolves are the best team in the league on form a.t.m and we couldn't beat Swindon so hardly going to beat Wolves! If Lindgren not fit they want to get Morris or Doyle to guest.

You thumped Wolves last time!!! There best rider and currently on form one of the best 3 in the world is unlikely to be fit. The rider they used to strengthen in Schlein is also not fully fit.

Please tell me why you shouldnt beat Wolves? Has your team got worse then?

KK got 7

Brady got 8

R/R for Newman got 6.

Zengota will do better than KK or at least not any worse

Brady is in fine form and could easily do better than 8

And i dont think Newman will do worse than 6.

As ive said Schlein will get more than the 3 Skornicki got i would say maybe 8 as he isnt 100%

I would expect Mark Riss to get more than the 2 Clegg got.maybe 6.

You beat them by 26 last time. Thats why i feel you should (may not happen) be beating them by 10-15 this time

Edited by Gavan

Poole by 10-15.

Why the hell do you always have to poke your nose into Poole threads constantly,we don't need your crap!!

Back to the meeting this is going to be Poole biggest test of the season to date,I'm hoping for just a win as this wolves team is the real deal, schlein and thorsell are the best engine room in the league,alongside one of the best no1s in the league,and Masters is having a really gd season at no5.

Hoping for Poole 46-44 but I think Poole will lose 42 48.

• Like 1

Why the hell do you always have to poke your nose into Poole threads constantly,we don't need your crap!!

Back to the meeting this is going to be Poole biggest test of the season to date,I'm hoping for just a win as this wolves team is the real deal, schlein and thorsell are the best engine room in the league,alongside one of the best no1s in the league,and Masters is having a really gd season at no5.

Im sorry should i be saying you should lose!!

My opinion pal and i can have that opinion.....I think Poole will and should win.............lets see after the meeting.

Thorsell and Masters dont go well at Poole so cant see this being any different

Edited by Gavan

Home win, Wolves to take a point if Freddie is fit.

Doyles av is too high, Nick might be available if not riding abroad.

You thumped Wolves last time!!! There best rider and currently on form one of the best 3 in the world is unlikely to be fit. The rider they used to strengthen in Schlein is also not fully fit.

Please tell me why you shouldnt beat Wolves? Has your team got worse then?

KK got 7

Brady got 8

R/R for Newman got 6.

Zengota will do better than KK or at least not any worse

Brady is in fine form and could easily do better than 8

And i dont think Newman will do worse than 6.

As ive said Schlein will get more than the 3 Skornicki got i would say maybe 8 as he isnt 100%

I would expect Mark Riss to get more than the 2 Clegg got.maybe 6.

You beat them by 26 last time. Thats why i feel you should (may not happen) be beating them by 10-15 this time

That was first meeting of the season. Wolves have found plenty of form since then! All of their top 5 are good at Poole. Thorsell got around 14/15 at Poole last season, so if he repeats that then i could see them winning.

Doyles av is too high, Nick might be available if not riding abroad.

Ah okay.

My opinion pal and i can have that opinion.....I think Poole will and should win.............lets see after the meeting.

And don't forget the Shield meetings were run on LAST SEASONS race format.....Shanes and Klindt will be riding against Wolves top three this time!!

I think we will win this, and quite comfortably as well.

Edited by Starman2006

Many's the time I disagree with Gavan, but what's your issue here? It seems a cogent and reasonable analysis and he's picked your side to win quite handily!

Much as the changes have improved Wolves, keep in mind that the two away wins they have recorded subsequently have been against teams currently in the bottom three.

I am, for once, with Starman and would expect a home win. Would genuinely be chuffed with a point.

• Like 3

I think we will win this, and quite comfortably as well.

You will and you should.

There is no one to replace Freddie, except Doyle maybe. He is top of the averages for this year.

Rory is injured but is carrying on racing.

A routine win against a wounded wolves outfit. Take advantage while you can.

It's very strange, there's hardly a sign of him on any of the Ipswich threads,he has to be a Poole fan