British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Ch 8-6-17@7-30pm

As it's a big one I thought I'd get this underway.

Can the Witches keep up their 100% home record and deny the high flying Monarchs anything from the meeting? I believe we can.

Edinburgh currently sit on top of the table and have pretty impressive form on the road this season but most of the other teams below are playing catch-up on both meetings and points.

For me the result of the meeting could well depend on 2 areas within the Witches current team line-up.

Firstly the current low ebb that seems to have hit the Sedgmen/Newman partnership, I like others have said believe they need splitting up and be paired with King and Heeps who are currently in very good form at home.

Secondly can Mountain build on the points he scored last week and also when riding for Mildenhall at the weekend?

I think that Edinburgh are currently doing alot better than most people thought they would this season (including myself) and will probably provide very tough opposition on Thursday.

So here's to a good safe night for all concerned and hopefully we'll get some better racing than last week against Newcastle!

Edited by Super Blue

A tough one Edin always seem to do better than they are expected hope not!!

Think this will be tough and im going for a 5 point win.

Coming up for this one so hoping the racing is better than it sounded last week!

Newman and Sedgeman need to start scoring otherwise we do wag a very long tail

Away win, can't upset the Wagon Wheel Kid :D

I'm easily upset!!

But I am not at all confident about this one.

Our form is a bit patchy at the moment so it all depends on which team and which version of our riders turn up.

As I said in another thread - it would be nice if they could do something to the track and we could get some decent racing but I'm not confident about that either.

Smiler has been patchy away from home - a bit like Mr. King - and is averaging under 8 away.

Mark seems to have gone slightly off the boil since he started riding for Wolves too.

Erik could score anything - he blazed the start of the season but some say he tinkers too much now looking for perfection.

Josh might do ok once he has sussed out the track - depends on whether there is only the one 4 foot wide line.

Ricky can score anything but I think is our top scorer away from home.

Cleggy could be our key. If he gates like at Newcy he could well score BIG points, otherwise he'll have to try to battle past on the only line.

Mitch needs to stay on the bike especially in his first ride! In theory should be good for a couple.

Hopefully we will score in the 40's but whether it's the 0, 1, 2, or 3 point version is anybody's guess.

Let's hope we have none of the shenanigans that happened at Scunny and Redcar in the past week.

Anyone thinking of going don`t go on the date on the OP- go on Thursday 8th !!!

Fair comment, typo, date changed thanks.

Ipswich to hit 60

• Like 1

Ipswich to hit 60

Only 60?

We must be improving!!

Expecting a squeaky bum last heat decider with the Witches just hanging on 46-44

Expecting a squeaky bum last heat decider with the Witches just hanging on 46-44

Yay a point!!

We are mince at last heat deciders at the moment.

We are mince

Edited in the interests of accuracy :P

As I said in another thread - it would be nice if they could do something to the track and we could get some decent racing but I'm not confident about that either.

Couple of tweets from Hawkins the last few days to questions about the track..

"A lot of work went into the track over the winter to improve racing. Expect big improvment next week."

"Chris is working his b0llocks off to get it right. We want to win & entertain "

I wouldn't hold your breath, but there is hope!

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

Yay a point!!

We are mince at last heat deciders at the moment.

I've given you 3, but you would rather have taps 1 point.