British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Lakeside V Kent Frid 9th June 8pm

With the change in leagues the 3.60 average you have, should it not be ×1.4 for the premiere then ×2 for national league. Don't know what that figure comes out at though as too hot for my brain today. Lol

10.08 I make it.

Standard formula certainly wasn't followed for Luke Clifton last season.

With the change in leagues the 3.60 average you have, should it not be ×1.4 for the premiere then ×2 for national league. Don't know what that figure comes out at though as too hot for my brain today. Lol

Quite right, thinking about his average being from 2010 I just doubled it and doubled it again, HT's figure is the right one! Still a lot more than he signed on...

In hurry's case though it should have been higher as dropping two leagues, where as ones like Clifton and others from last season where reassessed from their old Conference league averages so not as much a problem with what was given for those.

Whatever way Hurry's average was worked out it certainly is being proved that as 99% of people thought it was way out and not right. That said at least the people who are bothering to go and watch are taking to it and think that the racing can be more exiting than the old elite, which was posted by myself and many others at the start of the season. Still stand by that, once you've been a few times and adapt to it, if you've a good team, especially at home as Lakeside certainly have now, you'll not want to go back up the leagues.

• Like 1

In hurry's case though it should have been higher as dropping two leagues, where as ones like Clifton and others from last season where reassessed from their old Conference league averages so not as much a problem with what was given for those.

I don't either providing its applied consistently.

It hasn't been, because Harland Cook was refused a similar reduction this season.

Have a quick look at the Plymouth thread - I don't think Roynon should be riding for them based upon the existing SCB rule book. He should be on an old NL average, not the converted PL one.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Heat 13 looked a cracker and in fact the meeting as a whole came across well from what I have seen, nice composed ride by Zach almost forcing Luke into making a mistake, I would be amazed if opposition teams riders are able to go through the card against this trio of heat leaders, Paul Hurry is looking a steal even on a nine point average right now.

Heat 13 looked a cracker and in fact the meeting as a whole came across well from what I have seen, nice composed ride by Zach almost forcing Luke into making a mistake, I would be amazed if opposition teams riders are able to go through the card against this trio of heat leaders, Paul Hurry is looking a steal even on a nine point average right now.

Agree but if he had come on a 9 point plus more realistic average, you wouldn't have the team you have now, which is the gripe with most fans. Not blaming Lakeside but as usual the BSPA cause so much unrest and confusion it just annoys most fans. Look at the Plymouth thread and b there's a similar discussion starting about Roynon.

Edited by gazzac

While it's great to have someone of Hurry's ability in the team at an absolute steal of an average, it will only last for one season. When 2018 comes

round the team will be massacred and certainly will not be able to track the top 3 they have now. Look at what other teams have lost in the past.

If you are lucky enough to find a good youngster who steadily improves as the season goes by, the loss of top men is not so painful. But if you don't

have that luxury it can be very disappointing. IMO the averages that have been used in the past seasons at NL level are far too low.