British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
havenagotahope

Bandits V Diamonds 10/6/17

Luke rides for Mildenhall on Sunday's

Nathan Greaves rode for IOW on Thursdays but ended up at Ipswich...
  • Like 1

Nathan Greaves rode for IOW on Thursdays but ended up at Ipswich...

Yes and Luke is in a relationship with one of the promotors daughters and stays with him, I don't think a Luke Ruddick to Newcastle move will be happening although I am more than happy to be proved wrong as he deserves it with the way he has been riding as a guest for us and for Mildenhall this season, he has really kicked on

Interesting meeting last night . Newcastle are really dreadful away from the confines of Brough Park , and it's too early to tell if Berwick have turned the corner as last night's opposition were that ordinary .

In saying that Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall were brilliant , Worrall very unlucky to come to a halt when in command of heat 13 , but you can't get anything on the road with two riders no matter how good they are . For instance Lindgren chased and passed by a NL guest reserve really shouldn't happen .

For Berwick , Morris was outstanding , the only home rider capable of mixing it with the Diamonds' top two , but the rest of the Berwick side were quite happy filling their boots , and wage packets , mopping points up against the inept remaining five Diamonds . 31-11 to the home side in the heats that didn't involve Lambert and Worrall tells it's own story , and it was only as close as that because Etheridge locked up and came down while leading heat 14 .

Etheridge looks a much improved rider at his new home , though he wont have many easier nights to rack up decent points .

• Like 1

Pleasure watching Lambert again! .. Good win for Berwick! .. Well happy for Luke banging in a win... Etheridge so sharp out the gate, proving to be a great signing so far...fair play to the 2 different groups of berwick fans helping out David Howe with a bit of coin last few weeks.. good on em.. doubt many of them are millionaires.... track bone dry again, covers should be a no brainer for every club..

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga
  • Like 1

track bone dry again, covers should be a no brainer for every club..

Nah , it was far too dusty . No covers would have meant the rain would have given the track natural watering and improved the dust problem :P

Nah , it was far too dusty . No covers would have meant the rain would have given the track natural watering and improved the dust problem :P

Cant argue with that, it was...Water track before laying the covers so you can control how much watering it gets?

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga

Water track before laying the covers?

I was actually joking :lol:

Was dusty though, my shower tray was black this morning! :lol: ... any crack last night on how Bridger is doing?

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga

The obvious solution for you is to become BanditGlory and change your allegiance, and as long as we keep winning at home I'm sure everybody will chip in with a few pennies to cover the admission of our lucky mascot.

if that happened i'd end up being hired by clubs to be the lucky mascot for the day, so i might have to change my name to EveryTeamInTheChampionshipGlory. :rofl:

Edited by DiamondGlory
  • Like 1

Had to miss last nights match due to being best man at mates wedding did not think we would win last without Lewis looks like Newcastle only had 2 riders that turned up good we are giving Luke a chance can only do him good.Would also like to thank the Glasgow supporters who redirected their bus our way proper speedway supporters well done.

• Like 4

Had to miss last nights match due to being best man at mates wedding did not think we would win last without Lewis looks like Newcastle only had 2 riders that turned up good we are giving Luke a chance can only do him good.Would also like to thank the Glasgow supporters who redirected their bus our way proper speedway supporters well done.

Ditto regarding Glasgow supporters.

Not happy with the inept performance from the Diamonds against the Bandits. Even allowing for the great scores from the rejuvenated Davis Howe and Etheridge, we should have been in with a shout and not rely on a 2 man team. Poor night for both Ash and Lewis, Hopwood OK, but shocking nights from both Coles and Ludde. I think the fight is now out of Coles as he realises this year is too early, and I expect him to go back and stay at NL for the rest of the year. Ludde is at a crossroad and we cannot put up with another performance like last night, when he was repassed by a NL youngster and only scored 4 points. Probably he is still testing the GTR engine, but we can't afford to let him do this, if this is the problem, and he should be made to test it elsewhere and go back to GM/s for the time being. Remember the GTR is being used by youngsters Jordan Jenkins and Tom Brennan with great improvement, so why not with Ludde. I always speak up for him rightly because of the club work he does off the track, but he is employed to ride and get points as a third heat leader and he is not doing that at the moment.

Great to see Luke Ruddick get a win. He rode at Newcastle last year and although he didn't score a point, he led one race and was on the pace in the other 2. He is a Mildenhall rider who ride on a Sunday as well, so we are unlikely IMO going to use him instead of Connor, but you can't be sure with no other possible on the horizon. How about a 28 day loan to try it.

Next meeting at Redcar on Thursday is suddenly a very important meeting to judge the team, and decide if we are going to do anything this year. I certainly hope so.

• Like 1

Not happy with the inept performance from the Diamonds against the Bandits. Even allowing for the great scores from the rejuvenated Davis Howe and Etheridge, we should have been in with a shout and not rely on a 2 man team. Poor night for both Ash and Lewis, Hopwood OK, but shocking nights from both Coles and Ludde. I think the fight is now out of Coles as he realises this year is too early, and I expect him to go back and stay at NL for the rest of the year. Ludde is at a crossroad and we cannot put up with another performance like last night, when he was repassed by a NL youngster and only scored 4 points. Probably he is still testing the GTR engine, but we can't afford to let him do this, if this is the problem, and he should be made to test it elsewhere and go back to GM/s for the time being. Remember the GTR is being used by youngsters Jordan Jenkins and Tom Brennan with great improvement, so why not with Ludde. I always speak up for him rightly because of the club work he does off the track, but he is employed to ride and get points as a third heat leader and he is not doing that at the moment.

Great to see Luke Ruddick get a win. He rode at Newcastle last year and although he didn't score a point, he led one race and was on the pace in the other 2. He is a Mildenhall rider who ride on a Sunday as well, so we are unlikely IMO going to use him instead of Connor, but you can't be sure with no other possible on the horizon. How about a 28 day loan to try it.

Next meeting at Redcar on Thursday is suddenly a very important meeting to judge the team, and decide if we are going to do anything this year. I certainly hope so.

Coles got a 2nd at Redcar. It'll be make or break for him. It all depends on the team we bring. Will Lambert score 3 points again? Only time will tell. I just hope its not a hammering.

• Like 1