British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Redcar 9/6/17 @ 7.30pm

Apparently Doc hasn't been doing the track for a while now due to ill health though he was doing it this week as a one-off.

He still does Wolverhampton though.

It seems the earlier rain probably caused the problems.

Hope all the fallers make a speedy recovery.

Apparently Doc hasn't been doing the track for a while now due to ill health though he was doing it this week as a one-off.

He still does Wolverhampton though.

It seems the earlier rain probably caused the problems.

Hope all the fallers make a speedy recovery.

Doc still does the track but only on Fridays. We had a heavy rain shower at around 3 that made a track a bit tricky.

According to the report on Monarchs FB page the track was "very lively"

Doc still does the track but only on Fridays. We had a heavy rain shower at around 3 that made a track a bit tricky.

A heavy rain shower 4 hrs before the meeting makes the track tricky,no wonder people are staying away these days.

Sounds like the track was awful

It wasnt..the way some of the riders rode it was unfortunately.The times were pretty fast for most of the meeting by riders on both sides and put's that one to bed.As was said the track was 'lively' but if it wasnt for the magic of Doc Bridgett and our track staff the meeting would have been off.Ben Barker got stuck in attacked the track scored the points he deserved..he was entertaining and didnt moan.Racing incidents caused most of the falls on both sides or in Eriks case his steel shoe came off.Was disappointed at Jason Garrity's withdrawal and i hope he isnt out for long..the move he tried was pretty typical of Jason sometimes..i.e extravagant!Personally i think this Monarchs team still have more to come which bodes well.I think if we can all just up our game that wee bit we'll be in with a shout at the business end.All in all an enjoyable enough evening for 3/4s of it though less when the stoppages kicked in obviously.We didnt have to moan our ** off like Mr Dick or bung Neil Vatcher a a brown envelope to get the points last night so..result :t:

• Like 1

It wasnt..the way some of the riders rode it was unfortunately.The times were pretty fast for most of the meeting by riders on both sides and put's that one to bed.As was said the track was 'lively' but if it wasnt for the magic of Doc Bridgett and our track staff the meeting would have been off.Ben Barker got stuck in attacked the track scored the points he deserved..he was entertaining and didnt moan.Racing incidents caused most of the falls on both sides or in Eriks case his steel shoe came off.Was disappointed at Jason Garrity's withdrawal and i hope he isnt out for long..the move he tried was pretty typical of Jason sometimes..i.e extravagant!Personally i think this Monarchs team still have more to come which bodes well.I think if we can all just up our game that wee bit we'll be in with a shout at the business end.All in all an enjoyable enough evening for 3/4s of it though less when the stoppages kicked in obviously.We didnt have to moan our ** off like Mr Dick or bung Neil Vatcher a a brown envelope to get the points last night so..result :t:

Mr Dickson if you are going to quote at least get his name correct .

Brown Envelopes are a thing of the past we use BACS transfer for the bung.

• Like 2

Mr Dickson if you are going to quote at least get his name correct .

Brown Envelopes are a thing of the past we use BACS transfer for the bung.

My apologies Gaz..that was an honest typo..honest lol. :P

My apologies Gaz..that was an honest typo..honest lol. :P

Seeing as we very rarely see you on here i am sure we can allow this indiscretion.

Hope your well mate been a while.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Fair enough I obviously misinterpreted what I heard.

A heavy rain shower 4 hrs before the meeting makes the track tricky,no wonder people are staying away these days.

Seems it was the heavy rain shower after a week of heavy rain.

Seeing as we very rarely see you on here i am sure we can allow this indiscretion.

Hope your well mate been a while.

Cheers for that lol..Hope all's good with you anaw and you're enjoying life with Scotlands richest but inferior team.To be honest during the close season i thought my love affair with our wonderful but mucked up sport was coming to a close..bitter divorce etc etc haha.The changes that were made at at the annual conference nearly scunnered me.Just couldnt take many positives out of it at all..66% of riders here are doubling up ffs.I was told by a speedway statto.it's ridic really Gaz.For example as much as i like Aaron Summers he's raced at the Dale almost as much as he has at the Possil Gate & Go Palais!If i wanted to see him race so much i'd join you lot and indulge in the Buckfast & Champagne cocktails every Saturday :P I'm still going and enjoying it apart from the rarity of teams showing up at the Dale with their own actual riders..cruddy refereeing etc you know the usual haha..Hopefully speedway here gets it's act together with meaningful change for the better..as always we live in hope!For now i'm still stuck with the best but often very frustrating sport that is speedway :D

• Like 3

Cheers for that lol..Hope all's good with you anaw and you're enjoying life with Scotlands richest but inferior team.To be honest during the close season i thought my love affair with our wonderful but mucked up sport was coming to a close..bitter divorce etc etc haha.The changes that were made at at the annual conference nearly scunnered me.Just couldnt take many positives out of it at all..66% of riders here are doubling up ffs.I was told by a speedway statto.it's ridic really Gaz.For example as much as i like Aaron Summers he's raced at the Dale almost as much as he has at the Possil Gate & Go Palais!If i wanted to see him race so much i'd join you lot and indulge in the Buckfast & Champagne cocktails every Saturday :P I'm still going and enjoying it apart from the rarity of teams showing up at the Dale with their own actual riders..cruddy refereeing etc you know the usual haha..Hopefully speedway here gets it's act together with meaningful change for the better..as always we live in hope!For now i'm still stuck with the best but often very frustrating sport that is speedway :D

Good to hear to be honest the sport and the rules could be simple if they wanted them to be , the sport would be a lot more enjoyable if it was less complicated. Too much red tape and appears that if there is no obstacle the BSPA will put one up because they can.

But glad to hear you have rekindled some of your enthusiasm for the sport and hope to see more of you on here , there are less and less posters from both sides on here to have banter with who don't get on there high horse if they don't like what you say.

• Like 1