British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Redcar Vs Newcastle

It has been brought to my attention that according to Redcars website we are there on the 15 (This Thursday) however not according to our website or the BSPA, can anyone please confirm either way?

http://redcarbears.co/

It has been brought to my attention that according to Redcars website we are there on the 15 (This Thursday) however not according to our website or the BSPA, can anyone please confirm either way?

Yes we are at Redcar this Thursday. It was announced during the Berwick v Newcastle match last night. A late request from Redcar to fill a blank date I would suggest.

Probably accepted as we were originally due to go during World Cup week and would almost certainly been without Robert and Steve on the original date.

Yes we are at Redcar this Thursday. It was announced during the Berwick v Newcastle match last night. A late request from Redcar to fill a blank date I would suggest.

Probably accepted as we were originally due to go during World Cup week and would almost certainly been without Robert and Steve on the original date.

Thanks for that info, I fully understand the reason however at this late stage to have no time to publicise a local derby is not good I feel!

Thanks for that info, I fully understand the reason however at this late stage to have no time to publicise a local derby is not good I feel!

True. But the rain off today didn't help.

• Like 1

Please don't let it be a 20+ point hammering.

It was bad enough the first time.

Given that both Jason Garrity and Charles Wright missed meetings at the weekend due to injury plus the fact Danny Ayres may not be back and Ellis Perks will be riding for Rye House I think it's likely to be a patched up Bears team on Thursday.

Diamonds should fancy their chances.

• Like 2

We should do better this time, hopefully Robert doesn't spit his dummy out and produces a performance he is capable of, and Lindgren, Rose and Morris can score well. Problem, as ever, will be returns from the reserves, but if Bears are missing Ayres that will weaken them and our 6&7 might just get their average of 2 points apiece!

Sounds like it could be a Bears select side, which is disappointing, but sadly the norm in many matches nowadays!

lets hope for good weather!

• Like 1

If its a select side again I definitely will not be going, at the start of the season we announced a very good side, and now midway through, we have never had that side out. I know its the nature of the beast for the riders and management, but its us that have to pay for the pleasure of substitute riders.

I believe Garrity has declared himself fit and will be riding. Guest for Perks as he is riding for Rye House, but at least with his new average now should get a capable replacement.

Fixture is now on our website (still not on the BSPA site though).

• Like 1

The Diamonds Line up: -

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ashley Morris

3. Lewis Rose

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Robert Lambert

6. Ben Hopwood

7. Connor Coles

I could hazard a guess at The Bears but will leave it to a Redcar supporter to supply their 1-7

Lewis and Ludde have had good meetings at Redcar so I hope they will be useful back ups to Steve and Robert. If they (Lewis & Ludde) can get amongst the points then the match should be a good one

Given that both Jason Garrity and Charles Wright missed meetings at the weekend due to injury plus the fact Danny Ayres may not be back and Ellis Perks will be riding for Rye House I think it's likely to be a patched up Bears team on Thursday.

Diamonds should fancy their chances.

I fancied my chances against the actual 1-7 and i saw what happened. Hopefully this time round it is different. Diamonds are desperate for points away from home.

The Diamonds Line up: -

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ashley Morris

3. Lewis Rose

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Robert Lambert

6. Ben Hopwood

7. Connor Coles

I could hazard a guess at The Bears but will leave it to a Redcar supporter to supply their 1-7

Lewis and Ludde have had good meetings at Redcar so I hope they will be useful back ups to Steve and Robert. If they (Lewis & Ludde) can get amongst the points then the match should be a good one

Robert at 1. Stevie at 5. Ben has been at 7 last few matches with Connor at 6.

Edited by Steve Park

Ostergaard will guest for the missing Perks. Wright suffered suspected concussion on Friday so has been ruled out. R/r for him, as he is now second in averages anyone can take a ride.

Ayres late fitness test

Ostergaard will guest for the missing Perks. Wright suffered suspected concussion on Friday so has been ruled out. R/r for him, as he is now second in averages anyone can take a ride.

Ayres late fitness test

If Danny Ayres fails to make it it will be Liam Carr who comes in to guest.