British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Glasgow Championship 18 June 2017

At least with R/R, Lambert can take a ride. 9/10 times, it's a 3-3 or better. All of the lads need to bring their best, cause we're going to need it against a very strong side.

I will turn up for this match hoping for two or more of our riders to step up and be counted. Robert will go out and do his job I am sure of that, but Lewis, Ludde and Ashley need to ride like Grand Prix stars. It will be difficult to avoid defeat with Steve being a sick note provider. What a massive blow that he is injured get well soon mate. If our lads can make the gate, as being behind at the tapes and hoping for passing on the 2nd bend we will sink without trace against a quality side like Glasgow. If we can gate we can win, if we miss the starts we will lose.

So come on you Diamonds, tame the tigers

Let's hope they get enough water into the track or it will be a gaters paradise dust bowl.

Only consolation I can see for R/R is neither of the reserves have to take a ride, harsh I know but true.

Only consolation I can see for R/R is neither of the reserves have to take a ride, harsh I know but true.

And also Bewley at number 2 I believe must help the Diamonds cause

Wonder how many fallers tonight ? Knowing Brough quite a few!

Maybe almost as many as at Edinburgh on Friday?

I assume they will move R/R to either 2 or 4 as usual.

They can't move it. Steve pulled out after the 72 hr team declaration was made so it will be R/R at 5. They could move it next week if he's not fit as long as they declare it to Workington 72 hrs before hand.

Anyone know how Glasgow are li lining up? In particular 3 & 5 with Worrall and Summers since Lawson moves to 1.

They can't move it. Steve pulled out after the 72 hr team declaration was made so it will be R/R at 5. They could move it next week if he's not fit as long as they declare it to Workington 72 hrs before hand.

Anyone know how Glasgow are li lining up? In particular 3 & 5 with Worrall and Summers since Lawson moves to 1.

Taken off the Glasgow Tigers Speedway Facebook page:

1 Richard Lawson

2 Dan Bewley

3 Richie Worrall

4 Nike Lunna

5 Aaron Summers ©

6 Tom Perry

7 Jack Smith

Its happened loads.. not saying your wrong but ive seen itcplenty if times this year

No you haven't. Ince a line-up is declared, the riders keep their places. If there is a guest, or r/r has to be introduced, they go into that slot

Taken off the Glasgow Tigers Speedway Facebook page:

1 Richard Lawson

2 Dan Bewley

3 Richie Worrall

4 Nike Lunna

5 Aaron Summers ©

6 Tom Perry

7 Jack Smith

Ta Steve

No you haven't. Ince a line-up is declared, the riders keep their places. If there is a guest, or r/r has to be introduced, they go into that slot

I agree. The only time you can move it is if you have R/R for Joe Bloggs then Fred Smith gets injured, you can move R/R to Fred Smith and get a guest for Joe Bloggs, but you are not allowed to change the riding order.

You can move the slot with agreement of the opposition.

You can move the slot with agreement of the opposition.

And they're not going to do that if they think it will work against them , which in this instance moving r/r to 2 would give Newcastle a big advantage in heat 8 . So keep it at 5 thank you .

Whilst Steve could be a big miss tonight, an even bigger miss could be "The Elliott Report" if Stevie isn't there watching tonight!!