British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Bandits V Redcar 24/06/17@7pm

Couldn't be bothered to go tonight and pleased I didn't. Doesn't appeal to me what so ever to watch a team that has 4 reserves. I understand injuries haven't helped,but for me signing Jacobs was the final straw and I am unsure if I will bother attending another match at Berwick this season. Will go to Scunthorpe tomorrow since its a track that I enjoy visiting, but after tomorrow that's it. Enough is enough and in 15 years of watching Berwick I have never had so little enthusiasm as I currently am at the moment.

On a plus side, at least football season starts in 6 weeks and tonight's Indian meal was excellent :)

Remember Bears were rubbish for at least two seasons and we had to put up with that,keep the faith and remember what comes round comes round

We've had 2 decent seasons in the last 12 years. Can hardly keep the faith anymore.
  • Like 2

4 reserves in a team won't win matches unfortunately that's just reality

If jye is out long term what about matty wethers coming in ?

I was speaking with some other fans after last night's meeting and they were saying we are over the average.

When Berwick put in temp cover for Lewis we couldn't put someone with a higher average in.

The same with Lee being injured.

If we were half a point under the limit there are possible riders of near equal ability for temp cover.

Surely that is a control board flaw (you are bottom of the league and 31 points behind the leaders but you are to strong). :drink:

If Jye is injured I would think Matty's average is to high also.

• Like 1

ok mate we get your drift you not happy but you got a track and a team a lot of us don't. Too many fair weather fans in speedway. Go and read David Howe Facebook page he put on overnight. No one can force you to go but don't give up on your club or you won't have one

What did Howe say?

Very hard to come up with any positives from last night , the performances from Kev & David apart it was a very disappointing night with the injury to to Jye just compounding the misery,. I'm not sure what was wrong with Danny but he seemed disinterested particularly in ht 12 , Barker slowing down to allow Coty pass shows how bad it was . It was always going to be a tough night but TBH right from the off we never looked like we where going to win , when you lose a 1-5 in ht 2 the signs aren't great , but come the next meeting I'll be there cheering on the team , as Brian Cox once sai " Things can only get better " can't they ?

• Like 1

Marek Cieslak, isn't he an ex rider, Staechmann as well, Skornicki and Dobrucki managing in Poland I believe, Simon Stead and Ritchie Hawkins doing fine early on in their managerial careers, after all Mark Lemon just won the league last year, Havelock individually isn't great but to say ex riders very rarely make good managers is rubbish

What league did Lemon win last year ?

Bandits Facebook page reporting that there's no serious injury to Jye, just heavy bruising good news after what looked a pretty heavy fall

• Like 1

Good to hear punctured lung was mentioned so a relief to hear nothing to serious that arnica gel won't help

• Like 1

I was speaking with some other fans after last night's meeting and they were saying we are over the average.

When Berwick put in temp cover for Lewis we couldn't put someone with a higher average in.

The same with Lee being injured.

If we were half a point under the limit there are possible riders of near equal ability for temp cover.

Surely that is a control board flaw (you are bottom of the league and 31 points behind the leaders but you are to strong). :drink:

If Jye is injured I would think Matty's average is to high also.

Signing Jacobs does make us weaker IMO, but just as the averages worked for us earlier in the season with Gappmaier they have worked against us in trying to find a replacement for Bridger.

Well done to Redcar on their win last night, but again injuries hit Berwick. Even with Etheridge Berwick would still have lost as he wasn't having the greatest night up to his accident anyway, thankfully it seems he has got away without serious injury so hopefully he will be back sooner rather than later. Wonder what's happened to Gappmaier, he has gone from potential match winner to looking completely uninterested last night, the promotion and fans deserve better.

Edited by screm
  • Like 2

Signing Jacobs does make us weaker IMO, but just as the averages work for us earlier in the season with Gappmaier they have worked against in trying to find a replacement for Bridger.

Thats a refreshingly pragmatic response 👍

Keeping a 40 point limit all season was just plain daft though. A team averaging 40 will definitely be a bottom end team.

Initially the regs indicated it would be 42 after the first revised averages which would at least set it at the norm level.

Quite why it was felt sensible to only apply this in the Prem in the end is anybodys guess. 😕

• Like 2

Couldn't be bothered to go tonight and pleased I didn't. Doesn't appeal to me what so ever to watch a team that has 4 reserves. I understand injuries haven't helped,but for me signing Jacobs was the final straw and I am unsure if I will bother attending another match at Berwick this season. Will go to Scunthorpe tomorrow since its a track that I enjoy visiting, but after tomorrow that's it. Enough is enough and in 15 years of watching Berwick I have never had so little enthusiasm as I currently am at the moment.

On a plus side, at least football season starts in 6 weeks and tonight's Indian meal was excellent :)

We've had 2 decent seasons in the last 12 years. Can hardly keep the faith anymore.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment you can`t give up on your team in the bad times, and boy have we seen some bad times. The averages worked against Berwick with their search for a Bridger replacement as we had a riders true average way higher than his actual average and bringing in better riders would`ve meant Berwick making more than one change, though I agree there`s little to be excited about signing Jacobs. In general the actual racing this season has been decent, and very good at times and as someone who wants to see good speedway I have had value for money most weeks and will keep going though it would be nice to see Berwick track seven of their own riders, keep those seven riders for the full meeting and win now and again.

Glad you enjoyed your curry. ;)

Whilst I agree with your sentiment you can`t give up on your team in the bad times, and boy have we seen some bad times. The averages worked against Berwick with their search for a Bridger replacement as we had a riders true average way higher than his actual average and bringing in better riders would`ve meant Berwick making more than one change, though I agree there`s little to be excited about signing Jacobs. In general the actual racing this season has been decent, and very good at times and as someone who wants to see good speedway I have had value for money most weeks and will keep going though it would be nice to see Berwick track seven of their own riders, keep those seven riders for the full meeting and win now and again.

Glad you enjoyed your curry. ;)

Dont want to sound pedantic but the fact is that Bridgers average is a true average for this season,whatever way you want to look at it.

Dont want to sound pedantic but the fact is that Bridgers average is a true average for this season,whatever way you want to look at it.

Your point is a good one, Bridger`s average of 6-59 is of course his true average though at the time of his injury he was riding well with little doubt his average would rise. For most of the current Berwick team their averages change effective from tomorrow, I wonder if that will encourage another change.