British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alang

Peterborough V Berwick 23/6/17

As you say, we waited 'over an hour' for Nick to be placed in the County ambulance. The fourth attempt at Heat 1 started at 8.40pm, so pretty much as soon as the ambulance had left and the medics were back in station.

No you're wrong. Pretty much as soon as the county ambulance had left we then had to endure the track preparation. This could & should have been done as soon as Nick left the track & we were waiting for the county ambulance to arrive.

No you're wrong. Pretty much as soon as the county ambulance had left we then had to endure the track preparation. This could & should have been done as soon as Nick left the track & we were waiting for the county ambulance to arrive.

Let's agree to disagree. You said yourself it took over an hour for Nick to go to hospital - which supports my timings.

Let's agree to disagree. You said yourself it took over an hour for Nick to go to hospital - which supports my timings.

You said the track prep happened whilst Nick was being attend to. Wrong.

You said there was little or no delay. Wrong.

Let's agree you're wrong.

Once again, Berwick can show the way forward.

After a series of unacceptable delays while waiting for a county ambulance, or even while the paramedic eas assessing an injury, Berwick have for the past two or three years had two ambulances and two paramedics at every meeting. And no more long delays....

?
  • Like 1

Does it really matter now?

It does if someone is putting an incorrect spin on things. What's happened has happened and it's too late to correct it this time, but let's get the facts straight and try to learn for next time.

• Like 2

there was quite a delay the last Redcar when David Howe ,Ayers and track man got admittedly while they got treated at track ,but nevertheless it was long delay if I remember correctly.

Was one of the injured a paramedic?

We have someone who can prepare a track but have have a habit over many years of throwing up a lemon for some reason. I think that there would have been a lengty break anyway as anything involving the doctor and another ambulance seem to put a stop on things these days. Breaks of that length are unacceptable but the bigger problem is lack of communication as to what's going on. It really isn't rocket science to give the paying punters meaningful communications during such a period. There's always a possible (genuine) excuse at the EoES, it's a fact of life of running there.

If I heard Holder right though he said that the riders had said before a wheel was turned that the track should be bladed as they could see that there was a problem? If that's the case then the Morris incident might not have happened which means that screm has a valid point if I suspect missing the real target. Wyers would be under orders and does as good a job as allowed.

What does the Clerk of the course do in these instances, presumably nothing, as usual. Is he the one that should be taking responsibility, or is it different since Dick Greer had the job.

We have someone who can prepare a track but have have a habit over many years of throwing up a lemon for some reason. I think that there would have been a lengty break anyway as anything involving the doctor and another ambulance seem to put a stop on things these days. Breaks of that length are unacceptable but the bigger problem is lack of communication as to what's going on. It really isn't rocket science to give the paying punters meaningful communications during such a period. There's always a possible (genuine) excuse at the EoES, it's a fact of life of running there.

If I heard Holder right though he said that the riders had said before a wheel was turned that the track should be bladed as they could see that there was a problem? If that's the case then the Morris incident might not have happened which means that screm has a valid point if I suspect missing the real target. Wyers would be under orders and does as good a job as allowed.

What does the Clerk of the course do in these instances, presumably nothing, as usual. Is he the one that should be taking responsibility, or is it different since Dick Greer had the job.

Sorry about that, pressed the wrong button. Should have been a separate quote

Not sure if it was paramedic or track staff .

It was a first aider or a paramedic, Barker picked a fully revving bike up and let go when it took off and hit the guys ankle, think he broke his ankle.

Once again, Berwick can show the way forward.

After a series of unacceptable delays while waiting for a county ambulance, or even while the paramedic eas assessing an injury, Berwick have for the past two or three years had two ambulances and two paramedics at every meeting. And no more long delays....

Apart from last night when we had a delay while waiting for the County ambulance to take the unfortunate Jye Etheridge to hospital.

Apart from last night when we had a delay while waiting for the County ambulance to take the unfortunate Jye Etheridge to hospital.

Was just about to mention the fact that the delay happened last night, would be interesting to know why

Was just about to mention the fact that the delay happened last night, would be interesting to know why

Because there is always a delay at any track when the county ambulance is called with paper work etc.Crescent Girl just doesn't notice.Berwick has been no different over the years IMO Edited by Fromafar

Because there is always a delay at any track when the county ambulance is called with paper work etc.Crescent Girl just doesn't notice.Berwick has been no different over the years IMO

To be fair to Berwick it is much better than it was and having a second paramedic has been a great idea.

• Like 1