British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

Ermmm like I said I saw him warming a bike up whether it was Mr cooks I'm unsure it's not speculation I know what I and others witnessed jorgenson made the two minutes pretty comfortably, as has been stated cook's the British number one and captain, so should be able to just jump on another bike with just a quick back tyre change I'm not debating this with you, I'll leave to other ppl to discuss ok.

That simple was it?so we had a meeting that took the duration of a lord of the rings movie,and an extra few minutes more would have seen the meeting to a satisfactory conclusion

That simple was it?so we had a meeting that took the duration of a lord of the rings movie,and an extra few minutes more would have seen the meeting to a satisfactory conclusion

Actually yes it's that simple, at the beginning of the season referees were giving time guidelines to keep meetings moving, you say a few minutes more he had plenty of time, he showed no inclination to get on a bike, didn't have his helmet or gloves on at any time, how long would you have given him 5,10,15 or 30 minutes, the ref had to make a decision within the guidelines and he did for crying out loud he got excluded twice under the two minutes rule lol Thomas seemed to manage to get out so why couldn't your best rider that's wot u should be asking yourself.
  • Like 2

Actually yes it's that simple, at the beginning of the season referees were giving time guidelines to keep meetings moving, you say a few minutes more he had plenty of time, he showed no inclination to get on a bike, didn't have his helmet or gloves on at any time, how long would you have given him 5,10,15 or 30 minutes, the ref had to make a decision within the guidelines and he did for crying out loud he got excluded twice under the two minutes rule lol Thomas seemed to manage to get out so why couldn't your best rider that's wot u should be asking yourself.

So you consider this,if Newcastle had been in the same position a would the 2 minutes have gone on?and b would George English have accepted it how it was,if you answer yes to both I'm staggered
  • Like 2

Firstly if it had been one of our riders and his bike was totaled his second bike would already be ready to ride or one of the other riders would have lent him their bike to ride. Tell you what here's a new rule ok: if your name is Craig Cook you can have aslong as u want to fix your bike ok, nevermind the crowd or other riders, aslong as he's happy then that's OK isn't it.

• Like 1

Instead of bleating on, Workington should look at the own riders performances ............... we should have not been in the lead by the last heat

Yes you were unlucky with sarjeant (and would have won with him) but injuries happen

however proctor and Jorgensen were poor and as for Williamson - he hardly put himself out on heat 14 ........... he only had to beat hopwood and the comets were favourites as heat 15 had 3-3 written all over it

Its a pity the heat 15 debacle is masking a fantastic meeting and great fight back

Simple fact was when the pressure was on in the last 6 heats, the Diamonds riders wanted it more .... well done guys for fighting to the end ..... the best team over the 2 legs won

​Dead right. Its all very well pointing to being hard done by in heat 15 (and I think Workington were and it is likely that Tony Jackson's view of events is what happened) but there has to be an acceptance that the performances of most of the Comets simply weren't good enough.

Cook deserved longer than he got. After all, we'd already been waiting for 3 hours - which was almost entirely the fault of the Newcastle promotion - so a little longer wouldn't have mattered. Indeed, its entirely possible that Cook & Jorgensen got less time than the Diamonds riders when they were neither injured nor had damaged their bikes but simply had two rides on the trot.

If there was such a directive to referee's at the start of the season, in my view few of them are complying with it and one of them who most certainly was not was Stuart Wilson last night. Given the ridiculous amount of time that had elapsed, he should have had the two minutes on as soon as one race was finished (where possible) and he should have refused permission for the constant track grading in later heats.

Absolutely unnecessary, and if Newcastle had made as much effort with preparation prior to the start we might not have had a dangerous track that left 2 riders requiring hospital treatment and a 3 hour meeting.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

​Dead right. Its all very well pointing to being hard done by in heat 15 (and I think Workington were and it is likely that Tony Jackson's view of events is what happened) but there has to be an acceptance that the performances of most of the Comets simply weren't good enough.

Cook deserved longer than he got. After all, we'd already been waiting for 3 hours - which was almost entirely the fault of the Newcastle promotion - so a little longer wouldn't have mattered. Indeed, its entirely possible that Cook & Jorgensen got less time than the Diamonds riders when they were neither injured nor had damaged their bikes but simply had two rides on the trot.

If there was such a directive to referee's at the start of the season, in my view few of them are complying with it and one of them who most certainly was not was Stuart Wilson last night. Given the ridiculous amount of time that had elapsed, he should have had the two minutes on as soon as one race was finished (where possible) and he should have refused permission for the constant track grading in later heats.

Absolutely unnecessary, and if Newcastle had made as much effort with preparation prior to the start we might not have had a dangerous track that left 2 riders requiring hospital treatment and a 3 hour meeting.

Any criticism of the track condition is probably justified, I'm not going to defend that with the usual excuses, suffice to say it was fixed and the racing was of a high standard afterwards, however certain ppl seem to think cook should be given aslong as he wants to fix his machine, from where I was standing his bike was ready his mechanic was doing final checks on his rear wheel and at the risk of repeating myself cook was still not ready to race even knowing he was under two minutes.

• Like 1

Cooky bottled it when it mattered lol

And that coming from a Berwick fan , think you have better things to be worrying about propping up the league !!!

Any criticism of the track condition is probably justified, I'm not going to defend that with the usual excuses, suffice to say it was fixed and the racing was of a high standard afterwards, however certain ppl seem to think cook should be given aslong as he wants to fix his machine, from where I was standing his bike was ready his mechanic was doing final checks on his rear wheel and at the risk of repeating myself cook was still not ready to race even knowing he was under two minutes.

That had to be one the most awful meetings I've been to ..couldn't give a monkeys nut of the result but 3hours to get a meeting in on a track that should be condemned , two riders requiring hospital treatment and could have been more had Cookie not narrowly escaped , tractors out more time the riders , tape malfunctions , topped off with the most ridiculous rule Emergency r/r !!! Not a bit of wonder speedway is dying on its arse ... and to think we have to suffer another 2 league meetings there , well I for one will be saving my hard earned cash than lining the pockets of Newcastle promotion and stick to enduring the updates. If you enjoy watching that week in week you're easily bloody pleased

And that coming from a Berwick fan , think you have better things to be worrying about propping up the league !!!

That had to be one the most awful meetings I've been to ..couldn't give a monkeys nut of the result but 3hours to get a meeting in on a track that should be condemned , two riders requiring hospital treatment and could have been more had Cookie not narrowly escaped , tractors out more time the riders , tape malfunctions , topped off with the most ridiculous rule Emergency r/r !!! Not a bit of wonder speedway is dying on its arse ... and to think we have to suffer another 2 league meetings there , well I for one will be saving my hard earned cash than lining the pockets of Newcastle promotion and stick to enduring the updates. If you enjoy watching that week in week you're easily bloody pleased

Bet ya feel better now do you lol of course Workington are perfect aren't they tracks like a billiard table every race there's passing and repassing never any hold ups. I'll leave it to other ppl to comment if I'm right as I've never been for years, by the way this is tongue in cheek just incase ur intelligence hasn't worked it out. Edited by andys

a think the extra time added to the tension,,, the best 'speedway' match I've seen in a while.

Hope both the injured riders are ok after their spills, from where I seen it, the 1st guy tried to give it the 'big-un' on the outside and came a cropper, and the 2nd guy hit the whole that the other guy had made ;)

• Like 1

a think the extra time added to the tension,,, the best 'speedway' match I've seen in a while.

Hope both the injured riders are ok after their spills, from where I seen it, the 1st guy tried to give it the 'big-un' on the outside and came a cropper, and the 2nd guy hit the whole that the other guy had made ;)

I'm neutral on this but would it have still been the best match you'd seen in a while if you had lost by a point. I wonder

• Like 4

Bet ya feel better now do you lol of course Workington are perfect aren't they tracks like a billiard table every race there's passing and repassing never any hold ups. I'll leave it to other ppl to comment if I'm right as I've never been for years, by the way this is tongue in cheek just incase ur intelligence hasn't worked it out.

Jog on ...Workington's track along with just about every other in the league are SAFER , you even lose your own top rider in the same place as James and you still defend ...the whole meeting was shambolic,enjoy while it lasts as I fear it will be the tigers progressing to the next round

Bet ya feel better now do you lol of course Workington are perfect aren't they tracks like a billiard table every race there's passing and repassing never any hold ups. I'll leave it to other ppl to comment if I'm right as I've never been for years, by the way this is tongue in cheek just incase ur intelligence hasn't worked it out.

one of the longest meeting's I've seen was at Derwent Park,,, Danny Phillips was guesting for Newcastle and got injured in ht 2.

dunno how long the meeting went on for, but there was a delay waiting for the county ambulance, am not sure what county it was coming from, but these things happen,,, so no place is perfect.

I'm neutral on this but would it have still been the best match you'd seen in a while if you had lost by a point. I wonder

probly not,,, but we didn't and, that's what makes it what it was.

one of the longest meeting's I've seen was at Derwent Park,,, Danny Phillips was guesting for Newcastle and got injured in ht 2.

dunno how long the meeting went on for, but there was a delay waiting for the county ambulance, am not sure what county it was coming from, but these things happen,,, so no place is perfect.

Is that the best you can do ....laughable

Heard it all before....

You will be back😜

Is that the best you can do ....laughable

well,,, am happy you thought it was funny, cos a didn't, even Tesco was closed when I got out :(

Then,,, to top that, a took a wrong turn and ended up driving back thru 'Scaryport' !!!