British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

Actually yes it's that simple, at the beginning of the season referees were giving time guidelines to keep meetings moving, you say a few minutes more he had plenty of time, he showed no inclination to get on a bike, didn't have his helmet or gloves on at any time, how long would you have given him 5,10,15 or 30 minutes, the ref had to make a decision within the guidelines and he did for crying out loud he got excluded twice under the two minutes rule lol Thomas seemed to manage to get out so why couldn't your best rider that's wot u should be asking yourself.

Keep meetings moving like the first 14 heats you mean? I find your ramblings about cook bizarre,the guys a pleasure to watch,worked his arse off to get to this point in his career,a credit to speedway and our league in general okay so he loses his rag now and then,so what we could do with a few more Craig cooks in a sport where characters are long gone
  • Like 4

Keep meetings moving like the first 14 heats you mean? I find your ramblings about cook bizarre,the guys a pleasure to watch,worked his arse off to get to this point in his career,a credit to speedway and our league in general okay so he loses his rag now and then,so what we could do with a few more Craig cooks in a sport where characters are long gone

Lol where exactly have I said he's not a credit to the sport I along with alot of other fans enjoy watching him ride, all I'm saying is, is on this occasion he made no effort to get out on his bikes or anyone else's and as such cost your team the tie. I wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season and will be shouting him on louder than anyone else on Saturday for team gb. As for my ramblings I'm not the one trying to deflect the discussion away from the actual subject.

maybe Cookie ( a pleasure to watch), couldn't be arsed as they were already beat. Then his team-mate tries to help him off the track, whilst the pit gate is still closed and wanted to get home ?

al get me tin hat ;)

maybe Cookie ( a pleasure to watch), couldn't be arsed as they were already beat. Then his team-mate tries to help him off the track, whilst the pit gate is still closed and wanted to get home ?

al get me tin hat ;)

I think u may need an air raid bunker lol

• Like 1

Any criticism of the track condition is probably justified, I'm not going to defend that with the usual excuses, suffice to say it was fixed and the racing was of a high standard afterwards, however certain ppl seem to think cook should be given aslong as he wants to fix his machine, from where I was standing his bike was ready his mechanic was doing final checks on his rear wheel and at the risk of repeating myself cook was still not ready to race even knowing he was under two minutes.

In my experience, most riders do indeed get the amount of time they need after a fall.

• Like 2

In my experience, most riders do indeed get the amount of time they need after a fall.

I think the only reason he didn't get time was because it was 22:20! I didn't see i reason why he couldn't of used someone else's bike better then not going out at all

That simple was it?so we had a meeting that took the duration of a lord of the rings movie,and an extra few minutes more would have seen the meeting to a satisfactory conclusion

not sure it took that long ?,,, but was nearly as long as the green mile and, that had a sh!t end also.

Craig Cook is a pleasure to watch but a credit to the sport, is this the same Craig Cook :P:P :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/6907327.stm

Craig Cook is a pleasure to watch but a credit to the sport, is this the same Craig Cook :P:P :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/6907327.stm

It's what young people do these days. You must remember when you did when you were young Carl. :o:D:P

• Like 2

at least he had the decency to keep his shoes and socks on,good effort Cookie

yes,,, woe betide if he had 'flip-flops' on !!!

It's what young people do these days. You must remember when you did when you were young Carl. :o:D:P

never had the urge to drive around naked in a transit van, flip flops or no flips flops!!!! Dave :rofl::P:P