British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Scunthorpe V Berwick 25/06/2017

Not for first time against Berwick at Scunthorpe A certain referee mucks it up. Same happened last year. Just general inconsistency. Bandits must have rued Bridger and Etheridge absence today. A win for sure gone astray

What exactly did the ref muck up?

some fansatic racing yesterday from both teams, heat 13 was somthing else with Howarth and Auty going at it for 4 laps,really top drawstuff

Howarth is quite brilliant around the EWR these days

im guessing Douglas needed a change of underwear after heat 14 to,i tought we would be collecting him from Scunny highstreet after lap 3

One request i now have,will all visiting riders please gob off on social media prior to visting the EWR,makes for such excitement

Auty was immense yesterday,even had the common decency to take his helmet off for a scrap

Good to hear Josh Bailey is returning to

The Bandits have had a tough start this year but they for sure deserved more for their efforts yesterday

Top stuff all round

• Like 1

some fansatic racing yesterday from both teams, heat 13 was somthing else with Howarth and Auty going at it for 4 laps,really top drawstuff

Howarth is quite brilliant around the EWR these days

im guessing Douglas needed a change of underwear after heat 14 to,i tought we would be collecting him from Scunny highstreet after lap 3

One request i now have,will all visiting riders please gob off on social media prior to visting the EWR,makes for such excitement

Auty was immense yesterday,even had the common decency to take his helmet off for a scrap

Good to hear Josh Bailey is returning to

The Bandits have had a tough start this year but they for sure deserved more for their efforts yesterday

Top stuff all round

😴

What exactly did the ref muck up?

just for starters David Howe exclusion She was same last year we were there. Excluded Hummell for nowt mate Edited by Barnstormer
  • Like 1

just for starters David Howe exclusion She was same last year we were there. Excluded Hummell for nowt mate

Not so sure... the two Berwick lads collide and fall causing the race to be stopped.. one of them had to get excluded.

All I do is mouth off on twitter apparently.

But no it wasn't anything to do with Carl, as said we've been mates for years, others well....

Did we get a clue on Sunday why you quit Scunthorpe? ;-)

Thanks for coming on here and talking openly to the supporters. It was good to see you are still so competitive after your break.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 2

From what I remember seeing on the track, Howe & Auty did not get on, in that the way they rode together, at times, was if they were the opposition riders. I even heard a while ago that certain riders would not come out in heat 15 if they were paired together.

I like to see racing but if it is going to be hard to catch an opponent then I don't like to see our own riders chopping each other up,, changing lines as it is an accident waiting to happen & gifting points away. Surely a talk in the pits how riders are going to ride & after the 1st two bends if it didn't go to plan than adapt.

Regarding Josh Bailey, I thought, this year, that certain riders,& Josh was one, should not have been riding in 3 leagues, never mind some others in 2. Josh always seemed apprehensive about mixing it in the first bend but then was, generally, up to speed with the others & I feel this problem might still be there. I hope not, though. We have suffered in our choice of replacements where others have not, but I think there is now some decent riders that have come on & deserve a spot, if available. Kyle Bickley, Tom Brennan, Georgie Wood, Jake Knight even Mark Baseby & the recently signed up Taylor Hampshire who started out with Josh at Kings Lynn. As I said, without delving deeper, I am unsure of ages & availability.

just for starters David Howe exclusion She was same last year we were there. Excluded Hummell for nowt mate

But surely if the ref excluded Gappmaier (won who the race) rather than David, the most Bandits could have got from the race was still a 3-3?

All the best

Rob

Did we get a clue on Sunday why you quit Scunthorpe? ;-)

Thanks for coming on here and talking openly to the supporters. It was good to see you are still so competitive after your break.

I'll leave you to come to your own conclusions on that one. Also thank you Edited by dhr
  • Like 7