British Speedway Forum
RedcarB123

Sheffield V Redcar 29/6/17

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Rob Branford, Nathan Stoneman.

REDCAR: Stuart Robson, Jonas B Andersen, Ben Barker, Ellis Perks, Charles Wright, Coty Garcia, Danny Ayres.

Per current BBC weather forecast, light rain to 10 AM then dry but cloudy. If it is off think they will make an early call. Hope they will make the effort to get it on, as we already have 3 matches to arrange, and another from a Thursday track would be a problem.

BBC forecast:-

Today.

Rather cloudy, cool and damp, with a northerly breeze, extensive low cloud and spells of rain. The rain will be heaviest first thing, gradually becoming lighter and more intermittent as the day goes on, with winds falling light.

Tonight.

Remaining generally cloudy and damp overnight, with a little further rain. Some lengthier drier spells should develop as the night goes on.

Weather Channel has rain all day, im in Derby and its been drizzly wet all day...

Ive made an early decision to abandon my trip

The last time this happened was the Ipswich meeting (another Thursday home track) although the track was apparently ok, and from where I was it looked fine, the rain which was forecast to have abated by then, continued as "light drizzle" resulting in the meeting not going ahead due to visibility issues for the riders.

The BBC forecast I saw this morning showed rain over South Yorkshire all day, but the forecaster did say there would would be dry spells during parts of the day.

Think the promotion are having a bit of a gamble due to the rain - off situation looking like it is going to present issues further along the line. Can't blame them really.

The last time this happened was the Ipswich meeting (another Thursday home track) although the track was apparently ok, and from where I was it looked fine, the rain which was forecast to have abated by then, continued as "light drizzle" resulting in the meeting not going ahead due to visibility issues for the riders.

The BBC forecast I saw this morning showed rain over South Yorkshire all day, but the forecaster did say there would would be dry spells during parts of the day.

Think the promotion are having a bit of a gamble due to the rain - off situation looking like it is going to present issues further along the line. Can't blame them really.

yes the meeting was abandoned due to visibility issues and if there is light drizzle tonight around start time, whats changed.surely after all this rain over last 24 hours+ the track will be difficult at best so not sure that i want to see f.t.g every race.

Me neither, not after what I've been watching for the last few weeks. I'm approx 5 miles from track and it's been raining pretty much continuously all day here!

track ok according to tigers on twitter at mid day ,meeting on

It's just sod's law that the weather has been like it is when we're hosting a fellow Thursday club. Thunderstorms at 6.45 after days of sunshine the promotion can't do anything about of course, it's just frustrating when they keep saying "definitely on" when most parts of Sheffield have had rain for 36 hours solid and it doesn't look like changing in the next few hours.