British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins Vs Wolves (29-6-17)

Here we go then.

No Doyley with Troy guesting & possibly R/R for Nick if there's any sense taken & Dany in the top 5 are major negatives for The Robins.

Only positive could be Adam at reserve able to take 7 rides but can only see another big home defeat.

The crowd might also be low as a result of the above.

I accept that there still might be a question as to is Nick clear to ride or not but a meeting write up and notification of other riders should be on the website by now.

We know Batch is riding in place of Jason but is Dany riding or not and if yes is he riding at 2 or 4.

Adam has moved to a reserve position and hopefully should be able to get lots of points and even take one of Danys rides.

I was hoping to make this one but I've got to work now, gutted.

Should be a perfect time for Wolves to go get some away points on the board surely?

A lot might depend on who the guest for Riss is, particularly with Adam in reserve now.

Does anybody know the rules regarding a concussion injury (Morris) as discussed on other threads? Some quoting a rule that a concussed rider is not allowed to ride for 9 days thereafter, yet Rosco is saying Morris is having a brain scan and if that is okay he will ride. Confused ? Yes I am !

No Jason. No Nick. No crowd.

No Jason. No Nick. No crowd.

If it turns out that we have r/r for Nick, that will not be good. This will show that the team apart from Jason and Nick will need to improve.

Danny King and Paul Starke in for Wolves.

The neighbours are looking at me strangely this week! They don't seem to understand my rain dance, if this tried & tested manoeuvre works, the meeting will be off! :mad::mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

• Like 3

The neighbours are looking at me strangely this week! They don't seem to understand my rain dance, if this tried & tested manoeuvre works, the meeting will be off! :mad::mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Don't think your little jig will work.Dull all day in Swindon ,but no rain forecast.

Don't think your little jig will work.Dull all day in Swindon ,but no rain forecast.

Ha but Blunsdon has it's own climate. It's the only place in the speedway world where you still need thermals in August. We can conjure up floods at the Abbey when there's a heatwave in Swindon.

I'm happy with TB guesting for JD, based on his guest appearance for Rye House, he is likely to score around 13 / 14 points from the 6 rides assuming that it is R/R for Nick, any more than that would be welcome.

If indeed it is R/R for Nick then imo this results in a far weaker team and the question, can the likes of Adam, BWD and David match Nick's scoring comes very much into play. It also means heats 13 & 15 are more suspect.

• Like 1