British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Berwick Bandits Sgbc 2 July 2017 6.30pm

Bandits certainly have the best guest. Glasgow No 1, plus also No 1 in Premiership..

You clearly need to get a grip we are bottom of the league if we had seven Richard Lawson's we wouldn't win with a manager like ours.
  • Like 1

Only going tonight because I'm only 15 minutes away from Brough, had I not been then I wouldn't be bothering. Diamonds by 30. Can only see us being competitive with Lawson, Howe and Doolan.

Only going tonight because I'm only 15 minutes away from Brough, had I not been then I wouldn't be bothering. Diamonds by 30. Can only see us being competitive with Lawson, Howe and Doolan.

Would imagine Berwick struggled to get a Championship guest or even NL one tonight? Looking around those that seem to fit Etheridge riding somewhere.

• Like 1

Would imagine Berwick struggled to get a Championship guest or even NL one tonight? Looking around those that seem to fit Etheridge riding somewhere.

Had a quick look and agreed no one seemed to be available. Only one I could see being available was Smith, although I might be wrong.

But we have Layne Cupitt and Alfie Bowtell at 6&7... with Dany Gappmaier at 3... it's a pathetic team

Certainly not the strongest I`ve ever seen, one I expect to be soundly beaten, but obviously suitable guest choices are limited......or maybe we`ve just given up.

Certainly not the strongest I`ve ever seen, one I expect to be soundly beaten, but obviously suitable guest choices are limited......or maybe we`ve just given up.

Bit harsh to say we have just given up its the rules that dictate.However don't think this fixture should have been agreed on this date given the SWC dates, only my opinion. Edited by Fromafar

Bit harsh to say we have just given its the rules that dictate.However don't think this fixture should have been agreed on this date given the SWC dates, only my opinion.

Fair point as it was always likely that Robert Lambert would be involved in the SWC, less so Steve Worrall but he`s thoroughly deserving of his call up. Obviously at the start of the season we didn't have Nick Morris in our team, speaking of which I see he has pulled out of the Australian team to race in Friday`s race off in Leszno, that would rule him out of our match with Edinburgh due to be the same night and possibly next Saturday`s meeting at Berwick.

Fair point as it was always likely that Robert Lambert would be involved in the SWC, less so Steve Worrall but he`s thoroughly deserving of his call up. Obviously at the start of the season we didn't have Nick Morris in our team, speaking of which I see he has pulled out of the Australian team to race in Friday`s race off in Leszno, that would rule him out of our match with Edinburgh due to be the same night and possibly next Saturday`s meeting at Berwick.

Seems the Swedish final was last night and the Polish final is running just now. The riders should be available to race for their clubs (just as easy for the Swedes and Poles to get injured in their meetings as the Brit's getting injured) if they want to.

It should be the same rules for all teams.

Seems the Swedish final was last night and the Polish final is running just now. The riders should be available to race for their clubs (just as easy for the Swedes and Poles to get injured in their meetings as the Brit's getting injured) if they want to.

I`m sure if Morris could he would be in the race off at Leszno, so maybe he injured himself in his crash last night at Kings Lynn, but you are right the Swedish Final was last night and won by Antonio Lindback I think, and the Polish Final is on right now, we are up to Ht5.

They havn't signed into the World Cup yet, once you have started your World Cup campaign you cannot ride for anyone/anything until you are eliminated from the competition

Heat 2 could be Newcastle reserves first ever 5-1 this season

Yes Newcastle fans, your eyes are reading that correct, you have actually managed something called a 5-1 in heat 2, congratulations....

They havn't signed into the World Cup yet, once you have started your World Cup campaign you cannot ride for anyone/anything until you are eliminated from the competition

Why do Britain not ask for the 2nd qualifying round then?

There would be 3 riders missing out on wages today.

If it's a world cup week then ALL teams should be subject to the same rules (Once the competition starts you cannot race anywhere else).

Yes Newcastle fans, your eyes are reading that correct, you have actually managed something called a 5-1 in heat 2, congratulations....

Trust it to be against Berwick. :blink:

• Like 1

Berwick have only had 1 all season as well I think (against Newcastle).

Good to give the Diamonds back. :cheers:

• Like 1