British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 12/07/17

I do wonder if Ford has lost interest more and more the more the league is being watered down.

Hes the type of bloke who likes being around the big stars and having them involved with his club.

Think hes just lost interest, signing zengota at number one to replace KK said it all

I think it's pretty obvious that Matt is getting ready to pack it in.

I expect this season will break the records for low attendance figures. If the BSPA doesn't make the decision to increase points limits next season then I expect Matt Ford will pull out entirely in 2018 / 2019. The writing is on the wall.

In addition to this it is essential that the BSPA collectively invest heavily in introducing a new generation of supporters to the sport.

I am pretty sure he wont pack it in just yet, we have been through worse times than this one or two changes and its all different. Matt Ford is not the sort of person who throws in the towel in the face of adversity.

Klindt doing what Klindt always does! Granted he isn't fit but if your leading and bottling it then it's time to get out. I remember Shawn Moran admitting that he shut off going into first bends so knew his time was up. KK is the reason Poole are doing poor. As most people said it was an awful signing never a number one

• Like 1

The other week Swindon were without their top 2 and their #5 rider and managed to scrape a home win against a powerful Wolves side. Poole, however, brought back a poor performing #1 and an unfit rider and rather than go with R/R or a guest, signed a new rider as injury replacement for their second averaged rider and were well beaten at home to a strong KL side.

Sadly injuries are part and parcel of this sport and requires the remaining riders to step up to cover for injuries but this didn't happen for Poole. If they can get KK going then they would have a balanced team but he just hasn't done the business for

Poole this year. Looks like a 3 horse race for the 4th play-off spot. Poole should make it but they will need to sort KK and NK out fast!

Swindon have to go into tonight's match against a strong BV side without their #1 so looks like a tough couple of days there - so Poole aren't alone with their injury problems!

• Like 2

I am pretty sure he wont pack it in just yet, we have been through worse times than this one or two changes and its all different. Matt Ford is not the sort of person who throws in the towel in the face of adversity.

Nope, instead he threatens to take his team to the Conference League, bends the rules to suit himself, takes assets of other clubs without consulting them or fails to get the team showers fixed in time.

That's how Matt deals with adversity...

Does anybody on here take SS that seriously anymore ? especially on anything concerning Poole i dont he is cringeworthy.He tries to be the spokesman for Poole speedway but i can see now that other Poole fans are embarrased by his comments and basic outlook on things.His match reports well they are always good for a laugh even with a full team who would expect to just turn up and beat this Kings Lynn side.I wouldnt Lynn are a dangerous side and if they click as they did at the Abbey the other month they are capable of giving everyone a run for there money SS carry on with your match reports keep giving us all a chuckle.

• Like 1

Matt is the sort of person who likes making money and being top dog.

Sometimes even the best can get it wrong. Ford has made a cokc-up with the team this season. The things is Middlo prides himself in getting that bit extra out of his riders, ( apparently) Looks like he has failed with a few of them. Maybe he has been in the job to long and it needs freshening up at the top.

• Like 1

Klindt doing what Klindt always does! Granted he isn't fit but if your leading and bottling it then it's time to get out. I remember Shawn Moran admitting that he shut off going into first bends so knew his time was up. KK is the reason Poole are doing poor. As most people said it was an awful signing never a number one

Spot on. Matt pretending that he didn't sign CH because of his average is a joke. Clearly it has come back to bite him. You'd think Matt would be grateful to of had a relatively consistent high performer who actually wanted to ride over here... but instead he went chasing uninterested Pole's.

• Like 2

Nope, instead he threatens to take his team to the Conference League, bends the rules to suit himself, takes assets of other clubs without consulting them or fails to get the team showers fixed in time.

Possibly all true but but still doesnt throw the towel in.

Matt is the sort of person who likes making money and being top dog.

Yes true but he was a fan first so he isnt going to be the one to close us down.

Bit of a stupid post really. Why don't you make a list for every other promoter and we'll see how near the top Matt is for knobhead promoters?

Bjarne Pedersen is here in the pits with Matt. Spoke to Nicolai. Says he is feeling much better. Soon find out. Wished Richie Worral good luck. We will need him to start well and have a good meeting.

Inspirational team talk from S Shoveller

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

If your not performing at your job you get the sack.

Not if you are injured / unwell but speedway is the exception..

Klindt needs time off the bike as he is obviously injured and not scoring as he should. But I admire the guy for trying.

Not if you are injured / unwell but speedway is the exception..

Klindt needs time off the bike as he is obviously injured and not scoring as he should. But I admire the guy for trying.

They do have insurance to cover lost wages for injuries and he isn't earning much for his points scoring. He gave it a go and it hasn't worked out but on the plus side he still has a very workable average for next season.

Inspirational team talk from S Shoveller

Don't think Richie was the problem last night, if KK and Klindt had ridden like they can then we would have won.

• Like 1

You can speculate on all of the comments here bar one - the score flattered us last night - it didn't feel remotely close

Chris proved his point and the crowd made it clear with their support for him that Matt got it wrong - he belongs (or maybe belonged) at the Pirates - Matt says of both Chris and Kyle they may not be done with Poole - in his mind maybe - but slap loyalty in the face and you may well lose it forever.