British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 12/07/17

poole supporters normally welcome new riders not on here tonight sad i think

Normally we get a rider who has the potential of improving the team!

We will welcome him and hope he performs to the best of his ability, it is just his ability is way below the rider he is replacing.

poole supporters normally welcome new riders not on here tonight sad i think

Because the sport is in the gutter and the fairytale supporters with their heads in the clouds are blissfully walking eyes closed into the abyss.

I mean come on! Richie Worrall, a British lower division rider, signing as a replacement for a top flight heat leader?!

This league has gone to the dogs and is not even nearly worth the admission fee. That is why the crowds are dwindling and most of the remaining patrons are living off a pension.

No fresh blood is coming through the turnstiles, the marketing of the sport is antiquated and almost non existent and the quality is plummeting rapidly. Matt Ford isn't stupid and it would appear to me that he's planning his exit strategy. Not a penny is going into the track itself and Matt doesn't have any answers under the current rules.

• Like 2

it just shows nobody actually wanted to come from abroad we sign a british rider for a change i presume richie will ride at four

it just shows nobody actually wanted to come from abroad we sign a british rider for a change i presume richie will ride at four

I imagine it's combination of foreign riders not wanting to risk breaking their necks on our dilapidated tracks for peanuts and Matt Ford not willing to chuck away a penny more than he needs to.

Because the sport is in the gutter and the fairytale supporters with their heads in the clouds are blissfully walking eyes closed into the abyss.

I mean come on! Richie Worrall, a British lower division rider, signing as a replacement for a top flight heat leader?!

This league has gone to the dogs and is not even nearly worth the admission fee. That is why the crowds are dwindling and most of the remaining patrons are living off a pension.

No fresh blood is coming through the turnstiles, the marketing of the sport is antiquated and almost non existent and the quality is plummeting rapidly. Matt Ford isn't stupid and it would appear to me that he's planning his exit strategy. Not a penny is going into the track itself and Matt doesn't have any answers under the current rules.

What it shows is that nobody wants to ride over here pure and simple.

Worrall will not match Kurtz at home but will be solid away.

Never before have i seen a Poole side that hasnt really changed when changes were drastically needed. Starke for Newman was a sideways move not really any sort of improvement.

Its a good job Holder is flying now and Hans is solid enough, but the issues have all stemmed from signing a poor number one. A number one that 99% of people on here knew would be garbage and have been proved correct. The room to make changes isnt there and looking at Swindons fixtures i do feel Poole need to look over their shoulders at teams like Rye and Swindon for a top 4 place. I feel Poole will make top 4 just but will be outsiders for sure

Klindt not riding tonight in Sweden.

Do Poole operate r/r then?

That would help you

What it shows is that nobody wants to ride over here pure and simple.

Worrall will not match Kurtz at home but will be solid away.

Never before have i seen a Poole side that hasnt really changed when changes were drastically needed. Starke for Newman was a sideways move not really any sort of improvement.

Its a good job Holder is flying now and Hans is solid enough, but the issues have all stemmed from signing a poor number one. A number one that 99% of people on here knew would be garbage and have been proved correct. The room to make changes isnt there and looking at Swindons fixtures i do feel Poole need to look over their shoulders at teams like Rye and Swindon for a top 4 place. I feel Poole will make top 4 just but will be outsiders for sure

You say nobody wants to ride here but Przedpelski has signed for Leicester.

Do Poole operate r/r then?

That would help you

He will most likely ride for us tomorrow.

Klindt not riding tonight in Sweden.

Remember Klindt's Twitter qte the other day about "It never rains" ??

Would not surprise me if he has been dropped by both his Swedish and Polish Clubs for better riders who are also match fit.

I think those leagues are not stupid. Klindt's points in Poland had already started to suffer and he wasn't pulling up tree's in Sweden either. He made comment about the fact he only wanted to ride asap. Maybe that's the relevance to his comment which he never quantified when questioned. Before long he may have no clubs at all the way its going for him this season.

For me what looked like a mega signing where Poole cld get a better quality rider if he was absent or injured has badly backfired.

The idea was that he would fire in big scores with his low average riding against reserves and with extra rides at reserve and would easily be well over 7 heading for 8 when the early GSA's came out.

What a joke. The guy is sitting on a 6.00 average (plus 5% at home) with bonus points also not counting in BSPA averages. To add insult Matt Ford signed his as a full asset.

Would not surprise me that he fires in some more low scores to get his average down even more so he has another workable av for 2018 for team building.

Also would not surprise me that Chris Holder keeps his average low in UK for this year in an attempt to get a good low av for Poole next year. After all he is a Poole asset and much as many have avoided the subject on this forum I am sure he would love to be living and working nearer to his young lad locally in the area.

Its hard to maybe quantify how much the change in personal circumstances has possibly had an effect on his performances in general this year. He is still only 29 and difficult to understand how he can go from so high to the level he has been performing at this year, despite no injuries and the Darcy situation behind him. An unsettled personal situation can cause stress not seen by most of us. You only have to look at Davey Watts split from his GF to see how low it dragged him and his performances.

When you think about it Poole already have the makings of a good team for 2018 if they have CH/BK/JH/HA/NK plus 2 others depending on the limit. The way the points are going would not surprise me to see this as their 5 pencilled in riders for next year. Just got to get Klindts average down a bit more to make it look more attractive ;-)

Normally we get a rider who has the potential of improving the team!

We will welcome him and hope he performs to the best of his ability, it is just his ability is way below the rider he is replacing.

So he doesn't possess the potential of his brother then? He'll be determined 100%!

You say nobody wants to ride here but Przedpelski has signed for Leicester.

That's because predzpelski can't get rides in Poland

Edited by KN1
  • Like 1

Some felt Lawson signing for Somerset was a bit average and although he's only rode a handful for them look how he's gone! Admittedly he's been a massive improvement on Tungate and Worrall will find it difficult maybe impossible to replace Kurtz but IF Klindt is fit enough to ride and Kasprzak comes back firing Poole should be able to muddle through til BK comes back

But I have to agree strange to see Mr Ford finding it difficult to tempt certain other riders back....

Some of us were more than happy to have Lawson at Somerset. Like you say, he's been a revelation too.

• Like 1

So he doesn't possess the potential of his brother then? He'll be determined 100%!

No he doesn't that's why he isn't riding for Belle Vue and his brother is.

With all the rain today at least they won't have to worry about watering the track tomorrow!

With all the rain today at least they won't have to worry about watering the track tomorrow!

concrete dries pretty quick this time of the year
  • Like 1