British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Peterborough 15/07/17 7:00 Pm Champ.

Same s*** different season ...another rain off , another 2 weeks with out a meeting , no cookie the weekend after ! Jesus Christ how come it's only Workington who have nearly 5 /6 weeks with out fixtures , get a back bone and sort someat for next season , not a bit of wonder folk lose interest it's bloody ridiculous. Can't win a home meeting without Craig , get rid of Adam biggest mistake made and looks like the only change there will be this season . Always starts positive and low and behold season screwed by July , no way on earth they will get over 20 fixtures in before cut off for play-offs be lucky to get them in by October

Rant over ...well for now , aw and sun coming out now for that 9.00am call-off ...marvellous

Edited by jamlad

Same s*** different season ...another rain off , another 2 weeks with out a meeting , no cookie the weekend after ! Jesus Christ how come it's only Workington who have nearly 5 /6 weeks with out fixtures , get a back bone and sort someat for next season , not a bit of wonder folk lose interest it's bloody ridiculous. Can't win a home meeting without Craig , get rid of Adam biggest mistake made and looks like the only change there will be this season . Always starts positive and low and behold season screwed by July , no way on earth they will get over 20 fixtures in before cut off for play-offs be lucky to get them in by October

Rant over ...well for now , aw and sun coming out now for that 9.00am call-off ...marvellous

The last thing we wanted was another rain off. The track, however, was saturated this morning, I'm sure you will have seen the picture I posted on social media. The rugby pitch also had standing water on it showing that the water table was very high following this weeks weather. There is also more rain forecast this evening that would've disrupted the meeting for sure. We have a responsibility to provide 15 heats of racing where we can, not just 10 heats of slipping and sliding round the white line and follow my leader. We are fully aware of how many meetings we have to fit in so more than likely racing on 'off' nights and double headers will come into the equation.

Edited by Comet Dan
  • Like 1

It rains in Cumbria a lot, surprised track covers have never been invested in. Or are there reasons why you can't have them?

dan , i see you mention racing on an off night .

would it not be in the interest of the sport AND the fans of workington to try and arrange off night racing , so as not to be without our number1 rider ?

its about time workington stopped all this bullocks of laying down to other teams because they have a rider missing for a certain meeting .

i am not one to moan normally ( cough ) ,but the situation is now becoming a joke and many fans are on the verge of giving up supporting speedway . not just at workington either .

time to grow some baubells and wring the sports neck and run it as it should be run .

as mentioned in a previous post . the adam roynon affair is a joke and i dont care what anyone else thinks . adam tried , unlike his replacement and was a track record holder .

from now on , any posts involving workington will be seen as a clown outfit .

its on the same scale as the vatcher ruling ..

if you want to ban me off this forum , there is nothing i can ,............ except !

signed

a life long supporter of workington speedway , but not a happy one ......

It rains in Cumbria a lot, surprised track covers have never been invested in. Or are there reasons why you can't have them?

you cant race while the track covers are down !

did you manage to get to a home :shock: meeting this month ? :D

would it not be in the interest of the sport AND the fans of workington to try and arrange off night racing , so as not to be without our number1 rider ?

its about time workington stopped all this bullocks of laying down to other teams because they have a rider missing for a certain meeting .

i am not one to moan normally ( cough ) ,but the situation is now becoming a joke and many fans are on the verge of giving up supporting speedway . not just at workington either .

time to grow some baubells and wring the sports neck and run it as it should be run .

as mentioned in a previous post . the adam roynon affair is a joke and i dont care what anyone else thinks . adam tried , unlike his replacement and was a track record holder .

if you want to ban me off this forum , there is nothing i can ,............ except !

signed

That is exactly what I said we would probably be doing. Council planning permissions and rugby use need to worked around to achieve this though but it will be done. No fixtures have been rearranged to suit other clubs without it suiting us too.

and ( never start a sentence with the word and ) rearranged fixtures mean we have not got first choice on OUR riders .

extreeeeemley frustrating .

my eldest went to the reds v carlisle last week and enjoyed it .

he has asked me to come on a regular bases . i,m thinking it over . i have two weeks to make a decision .

• Like 1

signed

Yes I was there on Wednesday

Yes I was there on Wednesday

well done .

is that the one where the massif were making lots of noise behind paying customers and making them leave to another viewing area ?

wonder if they will return !

Edited by jenga

Yeah that's the one

The massif has always sat in the same place. People know where we sit. Some choose to sit near or with us..some choose to go elsewhere. What I do find strange is that speedway is a noisey sport, but some people don't like a bit of celebration noise.

i bet the massif feel great at losing potential customers for chris and co .

suppose it a bit like the mexicans at belle vue . are they still going or has everyone stopped going as the mec e cans were abusive ?

well done .

is that the one where the massif were making lots of noise behind paying customers and making them leave to another viewing area ?

they were seasoned regulars jenga with old hats and programme boards. Im sure they will be back 👍

They may well sit in front again next week. They looked even older than I imagine you are and may well not be in a mind to remember the noise or anything else about the week before 😜

ok , how come they know where to come back to , seasoned regulars or not . maybe if they just turned their hearing aids down a wee bit . lol.

ok , how come they know where to come back to , seasoned regulars or not . maybe if they just turned their hearing aids down a wee bit . lol.

they may just live under the stands like trolls*

*Proper ones not internet ones

well done .

Jenga, there was me thinking it was a speedway meeting and not a library.

Heaven forbid you ever go to Poland, where there are 10,000 Poles all chanting at the same time.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1