British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 19/07/17

He means getting thrashed by Swindon has made sure changes are made but riders that have been performing well didnt last night. Starke in particular has been excellent so has Jack Holder last night both poor.

Jack Holder along with Kurtz , Shanes and Andersen have done their jobs this season.

Poole would be top of the league if they had a number one who even scored 8-11 a meeting for a start.

Klindt everyone knew would score bucket loads from reserve but he didnt do as well as expected, hence only being able to be replaced by Lahti who really is only good for 5-7 i would say.

Starke has been fine but i will never understand why they replaced Newman with him when they did.

Starke at number 2 and Newman at reserve would have been more powerful in my eyes then getting Lahti in.

At the end of the day the fact remains that KK has messed up Pooles season

What a load of rubbish you talk. NOBODY had left before or after heat 10.Are you very sure you was there, as i clearly have my doubts..

Nobody left AFTER heat 10 - does that mean they're all still in there?

• Like 4

Jack Holder along with Kurtz , Shanes and Andersen have done their jobs this season.

Poole would be top of the league if they had a number one who even scored 8-11 a meeting for a start.

Klindt everyone knew would score bucket loads from reserve but he didnt do as well as expected, hence only being able to be replaced by Lahti who really is only good for 5-7 i would say.

Starke has been fine but i will never understand why they replaced Newman with him when they did.

Starke at number 2 and Newman at reserve would have been more powerful in my eyes then getting Lahti in.

He has history here so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

KK was always a risk. I always felt they should have gone with Holder - although whether he would have had any better a season at Poole than he's had at King's Lynn is open to question.

What a load of rubbish you talk. NOBODY had left before or after heat 10.Are you very sure you was there, as i clearly have my doubts..

Sorry starry but wild man on the Poole forum said he walked out at ht 8, that's 1 for starters
  • Like 2

Poole look to be in a scrap with Wolves now for 4th.

As there have been no complaints about the condition of the track that must be the explanation for the Pirates performance ;)

Unless KL release him it means jack, also the management committee have to agree to bring back a rider from last season who went elsewhere first. Not so clear cut!

[/quote no way will Chris Holder be released by Kings Lynn till 1st August .

KK was always a risk. I always felt they should have gone with Holder - although whether he would have had any better a season at Poole than he's had at King's Lynn is open to question.

Spot on but we was told that KK would be a success by a number of Poole fans....who always believe that riders' up' there game riding for Poole.

Poole need to keep a look over their shoulders. 2 slightly fortunate away wins (not Pooles fault) has elevated them higher then they should be.

If Kings Lynn hadnt imploded and won by say 5 at home the 2 sides would be level on points with Kings Lynn having 3 matches in hand.

As it stands they are 6 back (Rye to far adrift) with 3 matches in hand.

If Kings Lynn get themselves sorted then there could be a big possibility that Poole miss out on the play offs. Good job speedway isnt on Sky anymore as they probably wouldnt show the play offs without Poole!

Changes then. Our team will look something like this when B. Kurtz comes in for R. Worrall.

I think Paul Starke might get the sack due to us having a lot of points left over after getting rid of KK. Nothing wrong with Paul's performances just we would have a lot of points left so we might as well use them.

When does the Czech league finish? Maybe Milik will join us and his average is only 5.?? something.

KK and Starke for Milik and Sundstrom?

1. H. Andersen

2. J. Holder

3. L. Sundstrom

4. V. Milik

5. B. Kurtz

6. T. Lahti

7. J. Shanes

Edited by Gater1

Poole will drop to 4th place in league and get into the playoffs. They had better make the most of it as unless there are massive changes there is a possibility they will not be there in 2018.

Edited by A ORLOV

I wasn't asking for volunteers, but if the cap fits.....

• Like 1

Now I am depressed. After seeing Lynn torn apart by Poole last Thursday, now to see Swindon smash the once invincible Pirates around their own muck heap, has only worsened the mood. Looks Like Both Lynn and Poole are in big big trouble. The only consolation is that Lynn are use to be being the whipping boys of Speedway where as poole are use to be up there fighting for silverware and having the best riders |money can buy. Sad days for both Clubs.

• Like 1

Shocking performance last night. Matt Ford will make changes without a doubt. Don't write us off yet folks! That's all I'm going to say :t:

• Like 1

Shocking performance last night. Matt Ford will make changes without a doubt. Don't write us off yet folks! That's all I'm going to say :t:

Couldn't agree more.