British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Swindon 14/7/17

What a crap rule what a surprise ??? is Clegg much different in ability and experience to Greaves.?

It's about form. After the way he rode at the end of last year, I expected Clegg to push on this year, instead he went backwards and it may have been the pressure of being the senior reserve.Since M.Riss came he provided points and excitement and both things are a loss.

Thank you Mr Drop a Cog (why did you change your nom de plume Btw? ) . You certainly live up to your BSF surname..

Long story but I was being bullied by two bigger (not in real life) wolves boys, so I ran off and had to change my account to try and get the bullies to stop. I set up a new account but the bullies soon found out who I was and even tried to get me banned, it has been the same ever since. One of the bullies keeps going on about it even now. That learnt me to stand up to them and they don't like it much but I do.

Peter Sellers came up with the user name although it was my parents who thought of calling me Fred in the first place.

Forgot to mention that one of the bullies even contacts other users by pm (even as I type this!)and tells them lies about me. You just can't trust some people to keep a pm private can you, lol!

More lies.

Funny how you told me you were happy to take the ban to attack me because of I comment I made that you took offence too. (and obviously I wasn't banned for because it wasn't that bad at all quite clearly).

So I'm not sure which fable was right now.

Don't forget to mention me in every post tho now won't you.

Only replying to put some truth into the lie.

:t:

Simple way to resolve it Steve, don't reply. Just ignore it. Difficult I know but rise above it

• Like 2

What a crap rule what a surprise ??? is Clegg much different in ability and experience to Greaves.?

Clegg has been established in the 2nd tier for a season. Also achieved a top flight average.

Greaves has only ever really been NL standard until this season.

Clegg has also been a big fish in the NL for 3 seasons now. Greaves has been 3rd heat leader standard at that level.

Simple way to resolve it Steve, don't reply. Just ignore it. Difficult I know but rise above it

Oh I have except for the odd post (for a titter).

However lies need clarifying.

Clegg has been established in the 2nd tier for a season. Also achieved a top flight average.

Greaves has only ever really been NL standard until this season.

Clegg has also been a big fish in the NL for 3 seasons now. Greaves has been 3rd heat leader standard at that level.

Oh I have except for the odd post (for a titter).

However lies need clarifying.

Steve, Greaves had a stint at Swindon had you forgot ? so there ent that much difference in experience.Greaves has also had two seasons at PL level with Sheffield and Workington. Edited by Sidney the robin

Steve, Greaves had a stint at Swindon had you forgot ? so there ent that much difference in experience.Greaves has also had two seasons at PL level with Sheffield and Workington.

And has failed miserably! clegg had a break thru season last year so I'd put him ahead of Greaves.

Although if you look at this year both look on a fairly similar level.

Effectively the same rider in the team (Grondal replaced by Gappmeier replaced by Alpen) - which is where Swindon have been lacking - now have a better balanced side

I was just pointing out Swindon had made changes just like all the other teams

Including Belle Vue

Last night was my firs visit to the NSS. I left feeling disappointed, having seen so many great races there on TV. The two memorable races were for 2nd/3rd place. It seemed to be that the guy in second on both occasions lost out by trying to catch the rider in front and was riding slightly the wrong line. Last night there seemed to be one really fast line out wide. Perhaps regular attenders could comment on whether the track was prepared differently to usual. One thing that struck me was that Cook was very reluctant to try the outside line, continually trying to work his way through on the inside. I'd have thought he'd have worked it out after his first ride. Maybe he had bike problems?

Not sure why the racing wasn't up to usual NSS sttandards ?

BV 1 - 7 seemed to lack any kind of speed , and were out gated on numerous occasions

And has failed miserably! clegg had a break thru season last year so I'd put him ahead of Greaves.

Although if you look at this year both look on a fairly similar level.

The point i was trying to make the rule that is in place is a joke a reserve is a reserve ok you have to have one Brit which i agree with why shouldnt Clegg be able to replace Greaves.?

The point i was trying to make the rule that is in place is a joke a reserve is a reserve ok you have to have one Brit which i agree with why shouldnt Clegg be able to replace Greaves.?

Oh I see.

Comes downs to averages then!

But more importantly outed another of your lies. Win win.

:t:

Can you both take it to PM as it is really boring now - the chuckle brothers are funnier! :rolleyes:

Oh and FF - we all get your views about the qualification for the end of season playoffs as you constantly repeat yourself - and that's beyond boring too! :rolleyes:

Rant over - have a nice day everyone F1 and tennis day for me

• Like 3

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ahhh! That's better - I took his advice - pity he didn't take mine! Now brum all I ask is that you don't quote his posts as I have no desire to see them.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Oh I see.

Comes downs to averages then!

I just looked Steve Greaves average 2.67. Clegg at 2.25 anyway with the nitty gritty part of the season coming up do you think Max might of nicked the extra point here and there.?

Last night was my firs visit to the NSS. I left feeling disappointed, having seen so many great races there on TV. The two memorable races were for 2nd/3rd place. It seemed to be that the guy in second on both occasions lost out by trying to catch the rider in front and was riding slightly the wrong line. Last night there seemed to be one really fast line out wide. Perhaps regular attenders could comment on whether the track was prepared differently to usual. One thing that struck me was that Cook was very reluctant to try the outside line, continually trying to work his way through on the inside. I'd have thought he'd have worked it out after his first ride. Maybe he had bike problems?

Just my opinion and I am far from a track expert.It seems of late that there is a lot more grip on the outside of the track than there used to be and when a rider gets on that fast line there is no catching them.From before the start of the meeting you can see a distinct line where its smooth on the inside and much more cut up on the outside and even more dirt builds up as the meeting goes on and the outside line gets even faster.The whole track used to be prepaired a lot slicker and to me the quality of the racing was a lot better it just seems to create many more racing lines seeing a pass on the inside used to be a regular thing now you don't see it as often.I look back to the world cup last year and the semi final track was very grippy and the racing was bobbins for the final the track was a lot slicker and it created a fantastic meeting with more passes than I can mention.

So for me make the track slicker and we will see better racing and maybe the home team will have more home track advantage by getting to know the passing lines better instead of just chasing a guy on a single fast line with no chance of catching him.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Bang on BV72 there is too much dirt on the outside now and the inside is far too slick.It was perfect for the Peter Craven meeting which had the most passing ever seen at the NSS.

• Like 1