British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Wolverhampton Wolves Vs Poole Pirates 17/07/17

so you don't think the loss of Howarth and Shanes tipped the balance your way?? Your even saying you won despite missing a reserve lol. Lindgren not 100% either. I'm sure you will see this as moaning but Poole have took their chances but you surely have to admit the luck was with you tonight. And Worrall did better than Brady and would have probably done

Richie definitely did better than Brady! Brady's scores this year and last year were 0,8,6,4.
  • Like 1

so you don't think the loss of Howarth and Shanes tipped the balance your way?? Your even saying you won despite missing a reserve lol. Lindgren not 100% either. I'm sure you will see this as moaning but Poole have took their chances but you surely have to admit the luck was with you tonight. And Worrall did better than Brady and would have probably done

What 'tipped the balance' Poole's way was the fact that Poole's 5.5 riders scored more than Wolves 5.5 riders on their 'reputedly well prepared 'home track. You can only beat what's put against you and I repeat with Poole taking away points from EVERY away SGBP meeting this season, I'll take that consistency every time.

Just try to get over the FACT that your 15 point home win prediction including a Poole T/R was way way off the mark!!

Edited by Skidder1

Well done to Poole, for whom Andersen and Worrall were excellent. Things fell their way tonight but the whole point of sport is to seize those opportunities when they present themselves, which they did. A deserved victory.

Wolves' problem, Lindgren's fitness apart, clearly lies at reserve where Riss has been sorely missed. All else, of course, is insignificant compared to Howarth's awful crash from which he has apparently mercifully escaped with concussion alone. Best wishes also to Shanes, who had a good go before departing to injury.

Good to chat with a number of the Poole fans this evening; safe journey home.

• Like 1

What 'tipped the balance' Poole's way was the fact that Poole's 5.5 riders scored more than Wolves 5.5 riders on their 'reputedly well prepared 'home track. You can only beat what's put against you and I repeat with Poole taking away points from EVERY away SGBP meeting this season, I'll take that consistency every time.

And without a no.1 all season too!!

Richie definitely did better than Brady! Brady's scores this year and last year were 0,8,6,4.

Lisa don't start Gavin off

Gavan is coming over as very bitter and twisted as usual. One would think he is a Wolves fan who was there instead of the forums anti Poole troll. Even the Wolves fans who were there must be embarrassed by his posts this evening.

Most have congratulated Poole on the win.

Remember, Howarth was last when he fell. Shanes getting injured by Greaves was poor refereeing when Greaves took him out. Shanes had the beating of his rival.

Poole won because we simply wanted it more and it showed from mid meeting. A run of heat advantages whittled away the ten point lead and Wolves could not answer to the Pirates charge.

Track caught out both teams with Holder wobbling on the last bend to allow Masters through and Schlein doing similar later. Hans tried to charge in heat 13 but ended 30 metres further behind KK.

Super effort from Poole and Wolves couldn't raise their game tonight.

No excuses. Poole with no number one (which will be rectified soon) Lindgren went awol when it mattered.

A fully deserved Poole win which puts the cat amongst the pigeons.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I expect Gavin is going through the stats as we speak

Clegg was a really poor choice of Guest, why wasn't Ashley Morris used? Unless his average doesn't fit?

He was scoring 4 points for Newcastle.

Gavan is coming over as very bitter and twisted as usual. One would think he is a Wolves fan who was there instead of the forums anti Poole troll. Even the Wolves fans who were there must be embarrassed by his posts this evening.

Most have congratulated Poole on the win.

Remember, Howarth was last when he fell. Shanes getting injured by Greaves was poor refereeing when Greaves took him out. Shanes had the beating of his rival.

Poole won because we simply wanted it more and it showed from mid meeting. A run of heat advantages whittled away the ten point lead and Wolves could not answer to the Pirates charge.

Track caught out both teams with Holder wobbling on the last bend to allow Masters through and Schlein doing similar later. Hans tried to charge in heat 13 but ended 30 metres further behind KK.

Super effort from Poole and Wolves couldn't raise their game tonight.

No excuses. Poole with no number one (which will be rectified soon) Lindgren went awol when it mattered.

A fully deserved Poole win which puts the cat amongst the pigeons.

I anticipated a close meeting but at the time of the crash we were 10pts up - would've gone on to win by 15 really.

So, I don't think that Poole's performance was as truimphant as you make out! But fair play, a win is a win. Lindgren clearly isn't right still fitness wise either, wouldn't say he went "awol" - unlike your fully fit no1 !

• Like 1

Why not, it's funny! Plus I'm just stating facts.

He must have gone to bed, school tomorrow

• Like 1

Not many riders do. As expected we are going to get thumped tonight.

more nonsense, name me a rider besides KK who doesn't like riding Monmore.

possibly but likely is that he is incapable of holding a steady line around here.

dreadful comment to make Steve. He clipped Hans back wheel pure and simple.

What a result!!!

Wolves crumbled completely. One rider does a team make and Pirates ran riot.

Whoop Whoop!!

Howarth irreplaceable by reserves whilst Starke gets 2 extra rides for a Poole's weakest rider. Huge swing.

Firstly may I add well done to Poole on the victory, I sensed a fightback the minute we lost our 5th rider who is good for 9 or 10 points at Monmore.

However the top end boys have to take some of the blame. Freddie had no speed in the 15th, why wasn't Rory used? He didn't look ready in heat 10 and found himself pegged behind wolves number 7. Tut tut.

Jacob - why was he messing about in heat 4 when time was running down for Hans to get his helmet colour changed (Why didn't he have a white helmet on ready??) And then go back to the pit gate with seconds to spare?? Careless.

Rory was brilliant but heat 9 got caught in no man's land.

Masters bike sounded awful in heat 14 at the start, when we needed him most.

Greaves did his job well. And looked quick however he really should have let Freddie past in heat 10.

Clegg tried hard but is not the answer for the number 6 job.

How on earth did Starke get away with coasting for half a lap to let Hans thru in heat 6 for double points??

Anyway a good smattering of Poole fans were sent home happy with Porkie making them very welcome. And some decent racing thrown in.

For the Pirates -

Hans is always good value at Monmore

worrall was excellent

Holder very up and down.

Starke at Wolves is a big scorer from the reserve berth.

lathi - have to feel for him having a team partner deliberately putting you out the race twice!

KK - taxi surely? ? He only beat Clegg. Pathetic as always.

A wake up call for Wolves maybe? ?

Finally and more importantly I hope Kyle is okay and able to ride again soon. He is irreplaceable to both his teams right now. Get well soon Kyle and let's hope the news coming thru remains positive.

Isn't that everyone's home record gone now??

Just heard wolves sign Ellis perks for rest of the season why sign a guy who scored zero at home last week brain dead management

• Like 1

Well done to Poole - they took advantage of Wolves misfortune losing Howarth - hope he is ok and recovers fully soon.

However, having said that this is a very bad defeat to this Poole side, especially after being 10 points up.

Lindgren doesn't look fit - he was awful in Heat 15 shutting off half way down the back straight on each lap.

The defeat also shows that we simply have to find another number 6 to replace Riss - both Perks and Clegg have shown they are not the answer and a signing is needed immediately.

I'm not sure the switch of Thorsell and Masters betweeen 4 and 5 is good either - it was very useful having Jacob in Heat 14 and at home he is more reliable there than Masters.