British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Wolverhampton Wolves Vs Poole Pirates 17/07/17

The Poole site gives a considered politically correct view. From where i was standing as Shanes entered the bend Greaves went into the side of him, didnt hit him hard but if he hadnt touched why would he fly in to the fence when both riders were on the inside. On Poole twitter at the time it says Shanes tangled with Greaves innocently before being disqualified.

And from my viewpoint Greaves was already under him before the bend until Shanes leant all over him. Neither was in control of their bikes by then.

And from my viewpoint Greaves was already under him before the bend until Shanes leant all over him. Neither was in control of their bikes by then.

So the decision could have gone either way.

• Like 1

The Poole website specifically mentions mechanical failure. That's not a politically correct, neutral point of view. They could have simply reported a 'racing incident' or a 'collision', but they have been very specific which suggests they obtained information.

As such, the decision would have been entirely correct.

The Poole website specifically mentions mechanical failure. That's not a politically correct, neutral point of view. They could have simply reported a 'racing incident' or a 'collision', but they have been very specific which suggests they obtained information.

As such, the decision would have been entirely correct.

Are they saying a mechanical failure prior to Greaves hitting him, Stevebrum suggested Shanes leaned on Greaves why would he try that if he was not under power and I can't see how Ronnie Allen could know that he had a mechanical failure, I was a lot closer to the incident than he was.

Are they saying a mechanical failure prior to Greaves hitting him, Stevebrum suggested Shanes leaned on Greaves why would he try that if he was not under power and I can't see how Ronnie Allen could know that he had a mechanical failure, I was a lot closer to the incident than he was.

You may have been closer, but the view the referee has is very good, it is much higher and gives a much better angle to see what took place.

There have been many times I've seen incidents on turn 1 at Monmore and thought a referee was wrong only to view it back later and it's very different. Of course there have been times when a referee has made a poor decision too.

I just find it unusual the Poole report specifically mentions the mechanical failure.

It would be interesting to see a replay of the incident for sure!

Anyway it seems James Shanes has declared himself fit for tonight! :-)

Greaves went straight over to see if Shanes was ok, either they are mates of he was feeling guilty.

It is rider etiquette to check on other crashed riders.

Stunned by that news.....if Poole are struggling he could pull out after a ride and get his rides covered by Starke again........surely not

Good news.

FWIW I thought Greaves was about half a bike's length ahead; Shanes (who does have a curious style in corners) appeared to lean on him, Greaves commenced his broadside into the turn and over they went. But I can quite see opinion dividing on party lines, as it were.

Stunned by that news.....if Poole are struggling he could pull out after a ride and get his rides covered by Starke again........surely not

Unnecessary. That was a nasty tumble he took at Monmore.

Good news.

FWIW I thought Greaves was about half a bike's length ahead; Shanes (who does have a curious style in corners) appeared to lean on him, Greaves commenced his broadside into the turn and over they went. But I can quite see opinion dividing on party lines, as it were.

Unnecessary. That was a nasty tumble he took at Monmore.

Did i say it wasnt??

Im just saying he could concieveably have a ride and pull out.

Did i say it wasnt??

You are just stirring as per usual.

Did i say it wasnt??

You inferred that he could have taken his last ride and we pulled him out for our benefit which isn't true especially if you had seen his second ride when he had a lot of trouble turning the bike, he may have been third but only because of Thorsell broke down.

It is conceivable any rider could pull out after injury.

absolutely FB. Both defences have there merit.

None of us know the real reason what happened.

We are both looking at it from our own perspectives.

Did i say it wasnt??

The inference you drew was obvious.