British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

Personally don't think points system is something most people are that bothered about, problems are more fundamental than that people

Exactly. Most fans would probably tolerate a scoring system based on logarithms as long as they had a competitive team that wasn't packed out with guests every week, and a fixture list that wasn't constantly chopping and changing.

• Like 1

Has the much trumpeted GTR engine project been quietly packed away now that their Pin Up rider has switched back to something else? It does not seem to have caught on with more average riders even though it may well be cheaper to run. Did it cost a lot of BSPA dosh or was that all just "spin"?

Has the much trumpeted GTR engine project been quietly packed away now that their Pin Up rider has switched back to something else? It does not seem to have caught on with more average riders even though it may well be cheaper to run. Did it cost a lot of BSPA dosh or was that all just "spin"?

It has been said on here a million times, that the BSPA did NOT put up front their contribution, and it is on actual sales. The BSPA have NOT got that sort of money hidden under the sofa's cushions.

If Buster does pack it in will he get his promoters bond back?

I know the BSPA hold it but who much is it?

An interesting point ouch. How exactly does the promoters' bond system you refer to work (or being speedway is SUPPOSED to work)? On what grounds can a bond be forfeit? Many thanks.

It used to be £10,000 but it went up. I think it's about £30,000 now.

With 28 clubs currently operating thats between £280'000 and £840'000 held by the BSPA.

With 28 clubs currently operating thats between £280'000 and £840'000 held by the BSPA.

Not true as the amount given by E I Addio was only for Premier Promoters. In some cases they have Bank Bonds which can be cashed if necessary. So there is no way the BSPA holds £840,000.

Just £280'000 then?

Well it would be nearer.