British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Newcastle Ch 20-7-17@7-30pm

I share others frustration as I too have been disillusioned with it all this year - despite tracking an excellent championship team. I suspect Chris Louis if he were to be honest is also disappointed with on-track entertainment

I don't recall the Ipswich track ever been up there with the best of british but it has always proved to be fair track for most riders. Most GP riders (those with more ability) and who generally attack the bends would enjoy the new shape Foxhall but the track changes only appear to have made the track safer not any more raceable!

In my opinion and this may sound daft but the only way to bring more racing lines and entertainment is to reduce the track length substantially and as such bring the bends in further. It would involve cost and more remedial work but I am 100% certain it would make a massive difference providing multiple racing lines on a Thursday evening.

It feels a step backwards in many ways especially when you see such fast/exciting racing on the likes of Belle Vue etc BUT the sport in the this country bar one or two tracks is in desperate need of providing more entertainment to the public.

Wasn't the last Newcastle match the worst of the season?

Yes - and against the grain of all previous Newcastle visits.

So it can only be better ☺

• Like 1

Steve

Exactly my point, you'll go, witches will win comfortably with little passing and you'll have a great night supporting your winning team, nothing wrong with that at all

But for me it is not enough, I've given it a chance but due to on track entertainment or lack off plus the way the club alienate spectators then I'll spend my hard earned elsewhere

I'd rather do a few gps than league speedway

Wasn't the last Newcastle match the worst of the season?

Was that (entirely) Newcastle's fault? I don't think so.

In my opinion and this may sound daft but the only way to bring more racing lines and entertainment is to reduce the track length substantially and as such bring the bends in further. It would involve cost and more remedial work but I am 100% certain it would make a massive difference providing multiple racing lines on a Thursday evening.

Unfortunately I think what is ideally needed is almost the exact opposite and totally impossible.

IMO its the outside going out that would make more lines. The exits and straights being wider would give the outside blast more chance.

How many times have we seen crashes at the end of the air fences panels/start of the straight as the line narrows?

Dont think the stocks would be too happy with that though 😛

Unfortunately I think what is ideally needed is almost the exact opposite and totally impossible.

IMO its the outside going out that would make more lines. The exits and straights being wider would give the outside blast more chance.

How many times have we seen crashes at the end of the air fences panels/start of the straight as the line narrows?

Dont think the stocks would be too happy with that though

You are a bit like us at Brough. We have long straights and tight bends and the outside restriction, us dogs and you stocks, will always determine what you can do. You can bring the bends in earlier to shorten the straights, but the bends still ride the same with the arc still being the same. If the bends are left wider, most the track on the outside is wasted and not usually used unless you are in trouble.

What date would be the play offs roughly?

About 2 month after Newcastle's season has finished 😁
  • Like 1

About 2 month after Newcastle's season has finished

It's beginning to look that way... Too top heavy... Weak at reserve... Them types of teams never work, not that I've ever seen anyway

Hope everyone has a great night tomorrow

Me too, does anyone know what the teams are supposed to be?

Cant understand all this " i'm not going " stuff . Ok the track has come in for a bit of stick at times , but you're up there challenging for the title .

• Like 6

Me too, does anyone know what the teams are supposed to be?

It's on the Ippo website.

www.ipswichwitches.co/witches/#News

• Like 1

It's on the Ippo website.

www.ipswichwitches.co/witches/#News

Jesus... I don't think I'l bother following the updates for this one...

Cant understand all this " i'm not going " stuff . Ok the track has come in for a bit of stick at times , but you're up there challenging for the title .

Same thoughts as me. Seems to be more iffy fans at Ippy than other tracks. Complain about their riders, their promotion, the track, the track preparation, the Team Manager, weather calls, you name it they will moan about it. A good team this year is wasted on the moaning fans.

• Like 3

As I've said some will LOVE watching their team win every week and get great satisfaction from it, if that's what people like then great, can't complain about how some get their kicks

But for me, I'm not entertained enough, it's not all about winning but then again I'm not as die hard as the majority.

As long as each individual is happy doing as they please then who can argue, I've always stated my reasons for not going, I'd never tell people not to go just coz of how I feel about the sport.