British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Peterborough V Redcar Sunday Sgbc

It's a shame some championship meetings are not being shown on TV. This would have been a good one. Its very rare you get a dull meeting at the showground.

God job not on TV lol

• Like 1

We're going to win the league.

What year ?

• Like 1

Funny sort of meeting really. It was all over by about 6 heats due to a 5-0,5-1,5-1 start. Ben Barker rode brilliantly for Redcar but sadly not much to back him up. I do not think Varsity or Tobias were race fit.Rory a good guest and nice to see Simon get a couple of race wins. Tom Bacon continues to improve as well. 3 points in the bag. Our play off hopes rest with the northern weekend in the middle of August.

Where was Garitty again,,, or was it the airfix mechanics fault. Let's hope the window Ctr has enough ££ to turn it around🤔🤔🙄

We can win all of the remaining fixtures, Lambert is bang in form.

Four last places tonight at Leicester would suggest otherwise :neutral:

• Like 1

an easy way to solve the fixture mayhem .

scrap all the b type fixtures and fill in the odd one or two with another cup meeting or something .

the b fixtures are a total mush up taken from the premier league ( our name ) . and fans dont want to see a team more than once in the league .

so re invent something like , bringing the 4s qualifiers back , or play each team like a mini league . sorted .

Meeting got a lot better after the brief shower hit the track. Is that a typical crowd for the showground? Must say I was really surprised by the lack of people there.

Meeting got a lot better after the brief shower hit the track. Is that a typical crowd for the showground? Must say I was really surprised by the lack of people there.

Lower than normal - factor in 'the day after Cardiff', first weekend of school holidays, poor weather forecast, Redcar's second appearance in a week.

• Like 3

an easy way to solve the fixture mayhem .

scrap all the b type fixtures and fill in the odd one or two with another cup meeting or something .

the b fixtures are a total mush up taken from the premier league ( our name ) . and fans dont want to see a team more than once in the league .

so re invent something like , bringing the 4s qualifiers back , or play each team like a mini league . sorted .

I think that a real EL with 9 home and 9 away fixtures was what Peterborough needed. Never happened of course and it's quantity over quality that was chosen for British Speedway, especially at the level we dropped into and stuck. Redcar x6 is testament to that. As for the crowd, Neil forgot to mention that there was nothing on the fixture which was the biggest factor IMO, plus the absence of Holder who is a draw at the EoES.

Edited by Crump99

Lower than normal - factor in 'the day after Cardiff', first weekend of school holidays, poor weather forecast, Redcar's second appearance in a week.

Good to know. Was gonna say, with an expensive team built there's absolutely no way they'd be able to carry on with crowds like that.

sorry for intruding but couldn't find a thread for this.what on earth is happening to our sport.bspa now suggesting 5 man races and riders of two clubs protesting, one of which is rob godfrey,s!! pairs meeting now reduced to eight teams.i do truly fear for the sport as this season has been one shamble after another.the governing bodies really do need to get a grip or i can see a lot of supporters turning their backs on the sport altogether.