British Speedway Forum

I wouldn't touch Hans on a 7.75. Not going to improve his average. I like Hans one of my fav riders but I don't see any value in 7.75.

So do I.

He must be nailed on then, hope so just to annoy you!

• Like 2

He must be nailed on then, hope so just to annoy you!

Wouldn't annoy me. As I said I like Hans one of my favs. Just don't see any value in 7.75 but then again who else are we going to get on a 7 something

you know as well i do that matt already has his 7 in place before the agm anyway and i still hope its hans and not chris

Could be both.

Wouldn't annoy me. As I said I like Hans one of my favs. Just don't see any value in 7.75 but then again who else are we going to get on a 7 something

Personally would welcome Hans back, a real team player and although not the rider he was still has a lot to offer both on the track and in the pits.

Matt needs to drop it. The team spirit was awful last year.

Kasprzak is a pig and ruined everything.

Team confidence was shot to pieces at times.

Jack needs to be given 1 more year and if his attitude is the same then say bye bye to him. Shouldn't be dumped after one season after riding for an awful Poole side when team morale was down due to riders having no confidence. Apart from a couple of riders who are just rubbish period.

Maybe if Jack dropped it (his attitude) then maybe he would get a team place!

Could be both.

Personally would welcome Hans back, a real team player and although not the rider he was still has a lot to offer both on the track and in the pits.

On track he's on the decline but as a team man he is one of the best. A real leader and I don't think you could get much better than Han's in that department.

As I said I don't think there is any value in a 7.75 average but if we need a captain to lead the team and keep the spirits up in the pits then Hans is the man for the job.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. Not going to improve his average but we are guaranteed a good experienced team captain in the pits who wouldn't throw a strop when things don't go right.

Maybe if Jack dropped it (his attitude) then maybe he would get a team place!

Agree. But I think we should give him 1 more year.

Shouldn't judge him on last season. Poole wasn't a good team to be at last year

Confidence was down in the pits

No belief in the team

Losing meetings heavily

Poor team spirit

Will be a mistake to let him go. Guarenteed to see a change in attitude riding with Chris as he would take his younger brother under his wing at Poole.

Team spirit will be a lot better. Middlo, Chris, Jack & Brady would get along like a house on fire. Laughing and joking. Team spirit will be good and that would produce results on the track due to the boys being in a good mood going into the meeting.

Deserves one more year. Cant judge someone when the whole team morale was low during a poor season.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

On track he's on the decline but as a team man he is one of the best. A real leader and I don't think you could get much better than Han's in that department.

As I said I don't think there is any value in a 7.75 average but if we need a captain to lead the team and keep the spirits up in the pits then Hans is the man for the job.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. Not going to improve his average but we are guaranteed a good experienced team captain in the pits who wouldn't throw a strop when things don't go right.

Agree. But I think we should give him 1 more year.

Shouldn't judge him on last season. Poole wasn't a good team to be at last year

Confidence was down in the pits

No belief in the team

Losing meetings heavily

Poor team spirit

Will be a mistake to let him go. Guarenteed to see a change in attitude riding with Chris as he would take his younger brother under his wing at Poole.

Team spirit will be a lot better. Middlo, Chris, Jack & Brady would get along like a house on fire. Laughing and joking. Team spirit will be good and that would produce results on the track due to the boys being in a good mood going into the meeting.

Deserves one more year. Cant judge someone when the whole team morale was low during a poor season.

Fully agree.

Last season was his first in Prem after only 1.5 seasons in Champ with Plymouth.

During that time as a first season rider he achieved a 5.82 GSA - plus he scored an av on top of 1 Bonus point per meeting plus rode well for Peterborough (nearly 9 points per meeting GSA bettering his 1.5 seasons at Plymouth).

To add to that was his impressive end of season performances for bottom of the League Torun in POl EXL where he was the top of averages for non regular POL Rider. So good that Torun signed him for 2018.

Now bearing in mind what he has achieved can you really say the guy doesn't deserve to be back at Poole.

This season should have been without pressure had the so called top riders achieved what they should have achieved (I excl Brady who for me over achieved for someone so young).

It isn't good that living in the shadow of your Brother and ex Speedway GP WC, so many expect so much too quickly just as they had done with Brady in 2016 despite it being his first season in Prem.

Young riders like Jack need to be brought along at a sensible pace without all the pressure just because certain top guys didn't perform. In a successful team he would have been judged as doing quite nicely for a first season and so much potential talent lies there as we know.

For me it makes so much sense to have him back with Chris who can also mentor him just as he has been partly employed to do this season with Torun. A happier and young team with experience such as Chris to hopefully keep him grounded and allow him to enjoy his riding while he finds his way.

At a 5.82 GSA and with the potential talent to improve that and be one of the top riders, it would imo be crazy to let that opportunity pass me by. Especially also with the new 1 rider over 8 rule and a 42.5 team limit which make the signing even more important for me.

Matt Ford has the chance to build a young and exciting team with this new rule and with the likes of Brady/Kacper W/James S/ we could be a force this season.

If Matt can find another Diamond out there in Euro Speedway World on a low GSA like with Woryna then I would be well pleased. These Polish Juniors for example are way ahead of most of our young guys.

Of course knowing what the authorities are setting these young riders and any riders who rode prior to 2016 as GSA would help us all. At least what the guidelines are so we can include or eliminate in team plans (or for us enthusiastic speedway supporters our calculator ideas).

• Like 1

Everybody keeps on about jack not for me and i dont think he figures in matts team ether we shall see

Fully agree.

Last season was his first in Prem after only 1.5 seasons in Champ with Plymouth.

During that time as a first season rider he achieved a 5.82 GSA - plus he scored an av on top of 1 Bonus point per meeting plus rode well for Peterborough (nearly 9 points per meeting GSA bettering his 1.5 seasons at Plymouth).

To add to that was his impressive end of season performances for bottom of the League Torun in POl EXL where he was the top of averages for non regular POL Rider. So good that Torun signed him for 2018.

Now bearing in mind what he has achieved can you really say the guy doesn't deserve to be back at Poole.

This season should have been without pressure had the so called top riders achieved what they should have achieved (I excl Brady who for me over achieved for someone so young).

It isn't good that living in the shadow of your Brother and ex Speedway GP WC, so many expect so much too quickly just as they had done with Brady in 2016 despite it being his first season in Prem.

Young riders like Jack need to be brought along at a sensible pace without all the pressure just because certain top guys didn't perform. In a successful team he would have been judged as doing quite nicely for a first season and so much potential talent lies there as we know.

For me it makes so much sense to have him back with Chris who can also mentor him just as he has been partly employed to do this season with Torun. A happier and young team with experience such as Chris to hopefully keep him grounded and allow him to enjoy his riding while he finds his way.

At a 5.82 GSA and with the potential talent to improve that and be one of the top riders, it would imo be crazy to let that opportunity pass me by. Especially also with the new 1 rider over 8 rule and a 42.5 team limit which make the signing even more important for me.

Matt Ford has the chance to build a young and exciting team with this new rule and with the likes of Brady/Kacper W/James S/ we could be a force this season.

If Matt can find another Diamond out there in Euro Speedway World on a low GSA like with Woryna then I would be well pleased. These Polish Juniors for example are way ahead of most of our young guys.

Of course knowing what the authorities are setting these young riders and any riders who rode prior to 2016 as GSA would help us all. At least what the guidelines are so we can include or eliminate in team plans (or for us enthusiastic speedway supporters our calculator ideas).

Agree.

Milik wont be back due to the Polish rule.

Riders who rode in Britain last year on 5 something averages.

Sedgmen, Jorgensen (Signed for KL), Huckenbeck (No UK return), Palm-Toft, Rose, E. Riss, Bates, Starke, Klindt, Robson, Heeps, Allen, Kerr and Ellis.

Jack Holder is better than all of them. Unless we sign Milik then you have to keep Jack Holder otherwise the replacement will be a downgrade.

Anyone knows what's happened to my old muck spreader gater 1??? He seems to have disappeared...but a new name has taken his place.

Everybody keeps on about jack not for me and i dont think he figures in matts team ether we shall see

Well lets hope Matt puts that one to bed sooner rather than later so we can move on to other team news not revolving around Jack.

I can see from earlier comments that we have as many yes as we have no so opinion I suppose is split.

Anyone knows what's happened to my old muck spreader gater 1??? He seems to have disappeared...but a new name has taken his place.

Not me. I came onto the forum once the AGM started to Heat up. No need to come on here when nothing was happening regarding Speedway in the UK.

Don't you support Ipswich or Peterborough? You seem to spend a lot of time on the Poole thread.

Not me. I came onto the forum once the AGM started to Heat up. No need to come on here when nothing was happening regarding Speedway in the UK.

Don't you support Ipswich or Peterborough? You seem to spend a lot of time on the Poole thread.

Yeah get back to the Peterborough thread you pussycat lover 😆
  • Like 2

Now you sound like Starman!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

And the one I expected to answer did...and more or less said what I expected...its like a freak show

Some should stay playing with their fisher price toys