British Speedway Forum

Dan Bewley ...

Stick Dan Bewley in a race with Drabik and Woryna and see where he finishes. A distant third.

Bewley looks a real talent but is way behind thosevtwo and could end up as another Robert Lambert. Hope not though.

It's looking all a bit THIS YEAR. Crap. Don't say we didn't tell you.

The league will be poor again next year.

I don't like it.

My team isn't what I want to see its what I think we will see.

Brady is nailed on.

Middlo has stated he wants both Holders at Poole in 2018

Kacper has already signed.

Is Matt Ford going to say NO to Newman on a current 4.22 average - Absolutely not

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic
  • Like 1

What is very important and a trap I believe the Poole promotion fell into this season, is of journeymen. Riders who have reached their limit of ability and make a living from it by maximising their earning potential. This is of course a common sense approach by the riders concerned, of which their are many, but these riders will rarely win a championship for the clubs they represent.

To these riders it is a job, the same as any other job. Clearly its a risky job but riders can somewhat lessen the risk by staying out of trouble and riding as safe as they can whilst clearly at the same time have the threat of being ploughed in to.

A rider can cover three leagues, have a 7.5 average through his gating ability and earn a good wage. Want to stick another point on his average? That is risk. Risk of making a pass which could see the rider in the fence. Which means weeks out and no money coming in. Better to sit in second and take the two points, or in third behind your team mate for a paid second. Only if last does the rider need to do something about it. And that's if he is only on points money. If he is on wages, he is being paid anyway so why risk his neck and be on the sidelines? By doing this a speedway career can continue into the riders late 30's, when finally nerves get the better of them.

And I believe we ended up with journeymen in 2017. What we need is young, aggressive riders desperate to improve, alongside a couple of top riders who do take the risks when required. Pretty sure Matt is well aware of this.

A bit like Swindon 2017 then! Edited by Steve0

Poole Pirates Fanatic, on 18 Aug 2017 - 7:17 PM, said:

The league will be poor again next year.

My team isn't what I want to see its what I think we will see.

Brady is nailed on.

Middlo has stated he wants both Holders at Poole in 2018

Kacper has already signed.

Is Matt Ford going to say NO to Newman on a current 4.22 average - Absolutely not

How can you build a team not knowing how many clubs will be competing in the league or even knowing the points limit ?

• Like 2

Trouble is, all your assets are so long in the tooth it's likely to be Janet Street-Porter!

Don't think the Poole asset who is currently the World Championship leader is 'too long in the tooth'.....!!!!!!!!

Edited by Scottyfan
  • Like 1

How can you build a team not knowing how many clubs will be competing in the league or even knowing the points limit ?

Not building a team.

My original post said only two more riders to go because it is pretty obvious that those 5 will be confirmed (One already has).

Excellent signing .. Do you think availability could become an issue though because we don't stand up for ourselves ? Poland shouts jump , our Promotions say how high or take a backhander !!

Matt Ford told the Polish league to stuff off when they phoned him earlier this season. I don't see him changing his view.

Stick Dan Bewley in a race with Drabik and Woryna and see where he finishes. A distant third.

Bewley looks a real talent but is way behind thosevtwo and could end up as another Robert Lambert. Hope not though.

Lambert has just won the U19 Championship. Didn't he beat some of those highly rated Poles?

Just saying.

A bit like Swindon 2017 then!

Absolutely. No MadsK, Llung, Sedgmen etc.

Lambert has just won the U19 Championship. Didn't he beat some of those highly rated Poles?

Just saying.

What highly rated Poles were in that then?

Matt doesn't make empty threats so following his programme notes from Wednesday I think he will wait to see how the team of 'also runs' performs in the final weeks of the season!!?

There is also the chance that other promoters may throw an unexpected rule change proposal into the final AGM agenda simply to muddy the waters a little eg. change the points limit to what has already been discussed; change the league format due to the final club accounts for each side; re-assess averages for foreign riders; change the number of 'NL eligible' riders per team, etc etc.?

I think if Woryna and Shanes can start as reserves, with possibly Klindt at 2 then the rest is open to debate at the moment. I'm sure (despite all that has happened and been said) that Kyle Newman would jump at the chance to return - BUT (and imo its a big BUT) would MF want it, unless the numbers gave no other choice or he needed another Brit/NL-eligible rider??

Lots of time yet!

Mads and Ljung haven't ridden for Swindon for years. My point was that Poole are copying Swindon's blueprint from this season. Some are leaders and some are followers!

I don't think it helped Kyle very much for his partner to throw a major wobbly on social media when Kyle lost his place. Always better to say nothing or just say you are disappointed and hope to be back in the future no matter how you are feeling then let a close family member run wild on twitter/facebook.

That would have done Kyle no favours at all.

Mads and Ljung haven't ridden for Swindon for years. My point was that Poole are copying Swindon's blueprint from this season. Some are leaders and some are followers!

I was just using those riders as an example. You can pick out the ones in the Poole team without me naming them.

• Like 1

WHAT'S wrong with Robert Lambert? Give him time and hopefully he will fulfil his potential. Would happen quicker if he ditched having his mum in the pits.

• Like 2

Bartosz Smektala and Dominik Kubera are no slouches...

WHAT'S wrong with Robert Lambert? Give him time and hopefully he will fulfil his potential. Would happen quicker if he ditched having his mum in the pits.

I like you post other than the Mum bit, I have no opinion, never met her, never seen her, bit of a low blow, but oh well