British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Having no team suits is crap. Having that ancient marching music is an embarrassment and totally cringworthy.

It really depends on how you want to run the sport. If you want to move forward, attract new audiences, attract new sponsors and actually grow the brand then you need to be with the times. That means modern music, professional race suits, top notch logos, snazzy designs and proper social media presence. At the moment it looks like they're just trying to appeal to their bread and butter pensioners!

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Matt has a phone in his office mate..

Does he? I'd of thought he'd have got rid of that to save a few bob.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It really depends on how you want to run the sport. If you want to move forward, attract new audiences, attract new sponsors and actually grow the brand then you need to be with the times. That means modern music, professional race suits, top notch logos, snazzy designs and proper social media presence. At the moment it looks like they're just trying to appeal to their bread and butter pensioners!

Hang on if it wasn't for us people of a older age there might not be any speedway :D you right though younger people need to connect with the sport otherwise it will be gone 

• Like 1

Just now, ray c said:

Hang on if it wasn't for us people of a older age there might not be any speedway :D you right though younger people need to connect with the sport otherwise it will be gone 

Don't get me wrong, all my speedway friends are many years my senior. I enjoy nothing more than taking my grandfather down to the speedway and hearing all his speedway stories of the last 50 years or so, but there is very much a feeling that we're giving up on appealing to any other age range.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Having no team suits is crap. Having that ancient marching music is an embarrassment and totally cringworthy.

So you would rather pirates of the carribean ?

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No. Why does it have to be two crap options?

46 minutes ago, simon.c said:

I agree, , the parade music does bring back good memories of when I first started going back in the 70's, and I think the riders walking out is better as well. Team kevlars just makes the presentation so much more professional, hopefully Matt will reconsider.

I agree, but as Poole Keith said, it is a cost cutting measure and every club will need to save money in some shape or form. There are a hell of a lot of outgoings to run a speedway club and things do not get cheaper.  I really dont know where Burntfaceman thinks the club is going to find the money for all these things he mentioned. Sofar as matching Kevlars are concerned really and truely the riders should pay for there's. That will go down well...

3 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No. Why does it have to be two crap options?

You got a 3rd one then ?

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Definitely Yes!!!

My son and his best mate - both late 30/early 40 and regular fans over several years - attended their first meeting of the season on Wednesday.

When the parade began and the music started, they both looked at each other and burst out laughing - and that was before we got tonked on track!!

Personally although of pension age myself, what happened 70 years ago means very little to me and I really hope that after the Birthday meeting on Thursday, we can move forward.  MF has mentioned 'changes to the presentation' a couple of times and I sincerely hope there are to be things of a more modern era in the pipeline.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You got a 3rd one then ?

There's 30 million songs on Spotify alone, it's not like we're in short supply of options. I don't know why it has to be between some ancient song nobody has heard before or the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song.

Something electronic would suit the image of the sport a lot better. Some of the music Nero makes, especially in instrumental format, would suit the image of the sport perfectly. It's high speed, high octane, wheel to wheel action! Not a children's play. 

Edited by BurntFaceMan

I quite like their kelvers with the bibs, like the GP's and a lot easier to identify each rider.

Team suits do look more professional and emphasise the team identity but I can understand that you sometimes literally have to cut your cloth. What I thought was disappointing was the size and placing of the Pirate emblem on the body colours. Watching from the stand it was very difficult to see what it was. 

Also for the F1 fans, the new theme tune (funnily enough it's quite similar to a Pirates of the Caribbean epic) really suits the action of F1 perfectly in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Team suits do look more professional and emphasise the team identity but I can understand that you sometimes literally have to cut your cloth. What I thought was disappointing was the size and placing of the Pirate emblem on the body colours. Watching from the stand it was very difficult to see what it was. 

Some might say thats a good thing??!:shock:

How about DJ Jean - 'The Launch'?!

Edited by Skidder1