British Speedway Forum

Calm down folks - He only wants to ride in Sweden & the GP's (if he get's a wildcard). His boys both race & he has his academy team, probably wants to focus on this.

Taken from the Polish site:

''The new Dackarna player wants to focus on driving in Sweden and counts on a wild card in the Grand Prix. - I decided that next year I will not ride on the Polish extraliga, and I will focus on the Dackarno start, and if I get a wild card in the Speedway Grand Prix series, I also want to play there. We have big plans for the 2018 season, which I will reveal after 31 October, but first I'm waiting for the decision on wild cards, so keep your fingers crossed.''

• Like 1

Was funny though watching some Poole fans get excited about an ageing false smiler with a colourful bike

• Like 3

Was funny though watching some Poole fans get excited about an ageing false smiler with a colourful bike

Maybe but lets not forget he has won 4 WC and the last one only last year.

Getting on he may be but he is still arguably the best gater around which would be more than ample for our 4th grade league (after POL EXL/SWE/POL Nice 1).

I am sure he could carve out a half decent average against plenty of our inept riders and ageing stars.

Think the guy would also be good in the pits for young up and coming riders. Also riders like Janowski have a lot of praise for him saying he was his role model having been the biggest influence on his career. The likes of Kurtz/Holder Jr/Woryna/Shanes and maybe even Ellis could do a lot worse than have the likes of Chris Holder and Hancock riding and being an influence in the pits giving guidance.

Getting on he may be but he is still arguably the best gater around which would be more than ample for our 4th grade league (after POL EXL/SWE/POL Nice 1).

I am sure he could carve out a half decent average against plenty of our inept riders and ageing stars.

Think the guy would also be good in the pits for young up and coming riders. Also riders like Janowski have a lot of praise for him saying he was his role model having been the biggest influence on his career. The likes of Kurtz/Holder Jr/Woryna/Shanes and maybe even Ellis could do a lot worse than have the likes of Chris Holder and Hancock riding and being an influence in the pits giving guidance.

sorry to say this but i think hans is a better man than greg and chris put together in the pits hancock for me no thank you .i remember last seasons Melbourne gp when walk out ofthe meeting for giving chris extra point to stay in the gp serius this year
  • Like 1

sorry to say this but i think hans is a better man than greg and chris put together in the pits hancock for me no thank you .i remember last seasons Melbourne gp when walk out ofthe meeting for giving chris extra point to stay in the gp serius this year

Perhaps it may not even happen but interesting forum fodder whilst there is little in the way of real news knocking around.

Its a long time until March 2018 so we need something to keep the forum going ;-)

There is a lot to say in favour of Andersen. it was definitely unfair to expect so much from him in 2017. If he wasn't having to shoulder the heat leader position for so long in 2017 he would have been a decent 2nd and probably 3rd heat leader. I would prefer to have 2 above him and relieve the pressure so he doesn't need to be the one having expectations put on him for big scores every week.

He is a serious rider who yes is good in the pits and a motivator who feels it personally when he or the team have not performed. But I feel his scores will continue up and down as he enters the twilight of his career. Think about it as well. Having to do 4 leagues in the peak season (his choice as he tries to max income in his later years) plus Danish Indv Champ -Speedway SEC qualifiers or SGP qualifiers and other indv meetings. Its only natural that ultimately all this travelling must take its toll. Supporters probably take for granted that these guys turn up each week and only have to ride 16/20 laps. Try doing all this crazy commuting on planes and then in many cases long car journeys - POL (Sun) - SWE (Tue) - DK (Wed) - UK maybe fixed days Wed/Thur ?? or whatever days. Factor in all the other meetings its no wonder riders like him can have the odd bad meeting or bad ride. He isn't a young 20/25 year old any more and although lots of experience it must grind you down ultimately if you also have your wife/Partner & Kinds in say DK.

Personally I would love to have him stay with Kurtz and Holder Sr. Noises are being made on the forum that MAYBE he will go to Somerset and still stay with Matt Ford when in UK. Yes it would be a loss to a degree BUT that depends on ultimately what Matt has up his sleeve as a number 1 be that Hancock or any other true heat leader.

We will in the meantime keep debating as to who may/may not and who we would like to see in the team (as well as disagree on rider ideas).

Perhaps it may not even happen but interesting forum fodder whilst there is little in the way of real news knocking around.

Its a long time until March 2018 so we need something to keep the forum going ;-)

There is a lot to say in favour of Andersen. it was definitely unfair to expect so much from him in 2017. If he wasn't having to shoulder the heat leader position for so long in 2017 he would have been a decent 2nd and probably 3rd heat leader. I would prefer to have 2 above him and relieve the pressure so he doesn't need to be the one having expectations put on him for big scores every week.

He is a serious rider who yes is good in the pits and a motivator who feels it personally when he or the team have not performed. But I feel his scores will continue up and down as he enters the twilight of his career. Think about it as well. Having to do 4 leagues in the peak season (his choice as he tries to max income in his later years) plus Danish Indv Champ -Speedway SEC qualifiers or SGP qualifiers and other indv meetings. Its only natural that ultimately all this travelling must take its toll. Supporters probably take for granted that these guys turn up each week and only have to ride 16/20 laps. Try doing all this crazy commuting on planes and then in many cases long car journeys - POL (Sun) - SWE (Tue) - DK (Wed) - UK maybe fixed days Wed/Thur ?? or whatever days. Factor in all the other meetings its no wonder riders like him can have the odd bad meeting or bad ride. He isn't a young 20/25 year old any more and although lots of experience it must grind you down ultimately if you also have your wife/Partner & Kinds in say DK.

Personally I would love to have him stay with Kurtz and Holder Sr. Noises are being made on the forum that MAYBE he will go to Somerset and still stay with Matt Ford when in UK. Yes it would be a loss to a degree BUT that depends on ultimately what Matt has up his sleeve as a number 1 be that Hancock or any other true heat leader.

We will in the meantime keep debating as to who may/may not and who we would like to see in the team (as well as disagree on rider ideas).

you are of the best debaters on here but personally i would prefer to go down the road with hans and chris because i dont think greg would hold his on which he will come in on imo Edited by ray c

he would not have won last year except for Doyles injury
  • Like 1

I can 100% see Hancock being our No.1 next season.

The last time he didnt ride in the Ekstraliga is because he was riding for us.

Why quit Poland over Sweden? Surely Poland pays more money. IMO its because Hancock wants to do Britain.

In other news Zagar and Vaculik still don't have a Swedish team place and spots are running out and fast. Maybe I jumped the gun with poolebolton regarding Vaculik. I can see Zagar going back to Belle Vue.

Edited by Brandon Bob

If Ford signs any Holder he sucks big time

Lets hope he sucks then

Why quit Poland over Sweden? Surely Poland pays more money. IMO its because Hancock wants to do Britain.

In other news Zagar and Vaculik still don't have a Swedish team place and spots are running out and fast. Maybe I jumped the gun with poolebolton regarding Vaculik. I can see Zagar going back to Belle Vue.

Maybe because he lives in Sweden!! :unsure:

• Like 1

you have been caught out he rode for us i think you will find that greg came in when darcy was banned or injured at the end of the season in september in which gregs team in poland may have finished there fixtures :t: im sure many more poole supporters will comfirm that

Edited by ray c

So then you have the choice between Hancock and Vaculik.

Who do you go with.

I go Vaculik(which I think may actually be happening as a I said earlier)

Vaculik is 26 has been Matts ultimate aim since 2011.

He is a rider still on the up and the scared of flights thing means very little: Chris Harris is scared of flying dont see a big deal made out of that(thats from Chris Harris sponsor).

Hancock is here to sign for Glasgow. Im not saying I dont like Greg I do. But I would rather have Vaculik.

Greg's average when he rode for Poole in 2013 was 8.77 I think. I wonder what it would be reduced by - whoever he may ride for?