British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

Greg Hancock Hurt?

Hancock was doing well enough to qualify until injured and still a 'proper contender' going into every round

He would be due a wild card for that alone.

He has a unique and unsurpassable GP record of twenty years plus.

How could ANYONE consider him unworthy of a wild card?

I would imagine that he will be able to claim a GP place for as long as he wants it himself.

After all, all the people that matter seem to just love him as well.

And to put this in context.

I cannot stand the man. One little bit.

Just because I cringe and squirm at his every appearance on screen.

And find the whole 'look at me I'm 84 but still get down with the kids' as nauseating.

I know that counts for nothing.

You were doing so well up until your last paragraph.

Well his record is doing very good at all rounds even if he doesn't win every GP. Looking at his results in the 2017 SGP in those SGP rounds he rode in,

he only have one final appearance (Czech GP) and only one other top 8 finish. His points are 11 4 5 18 7, not really that good.

Struggling may be an exaggeration but his results so far are definitely a decline compared to last season.

In the Swedish Elitserien his average have dropped from 2.095 to 1.800 which is a drop with about 14% . He is steady in Poland though.

It was same discussion with Gollob and Adams. Wild cards for long and faithful service were some fans' opinion.

I have never understood the point of giving a wild card to a rider that is at the end of his career.

I stick with my opinion that it is better to look forward instead of looking backwards.

The less said about this nonsense the better. He may have only made one final appearance this year, but it's still one more than the British 'wonderboy.'

Dont you mean 'hey look at me I'm 84. but I'm still whipping your ass ' !!!

If Greg's injury is as serious as it sounds, then may be it's time for him to bow out gracefully!?

Afterall, he's entertained 'speedway meat heads' for long enough and those of you that dont appreciate what he's done for the sport should hang your head in shame!

Fickle lot !

47 and still TOP of the world ! :t:

Well said, spot on!

• Like 2

I stick with my opinion that it is better to look forward instead of looking backwards.

Whereas I'll stick with the view that the best riders in the World, not currently in the GP should be offered the wild card. Age is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Not really a fan of Hancock.

Boring to watch

Gating tart

The thing with Pedersen

The cheating last year

But for all those who say he shouldnt get a wildcard......your talking out your backsides

• Like 4

Boring to watch-Obviously you don't understand track craft. Knowing the best line to ride. I guess you thought Mauger and Olsen were boring too.

Gating tart-Probably made more overtakes than any other rider in the gp series over the last few years.

The thing with Pedersen-Let's face it, Nicki had it coming. If it wasn't Greg it would have been someone else sooner or later.

The cheating last year-Most top riders have done a mate a favour, (would Mark Loram have been world champion without Joe Screen's help?)

But for all those who say he shouldnt get a wildcard......your talking out your backsides-Absolutely!

Guest GiveusaB

Boring to watch

Gating tart

The thing with Pedersen

The cheating last year

But for all those who say he shouldnt get a wildcard......your talking out your backsides

I'm a great admirer of Hancock !

Brilliantly skillful to watch

Electric out the gate

Having the bottle to do what most riders would love to do to Pedersen

His loyalty to his fellow riders/team mates (Sponsors)

I wonder if anyone thinks that Formula One is a load of cheating bollo#ks after Hamilton's team instructed their other driver to let Hamilton pass the other week so that he could give chase to the leaders ????

Boring to watch-Obviously you don't understand track craft. Knowing the best line to ride. I guess you thought Mauger and Olsen were boring too.

Gating tart-Probably made more overtakes than any other rider in the gp series over the last few years.

The thing with Pedersen-Let's face it, Nicki had it coming. If it wasn't Greg it would have been someone else sooner or later.

The cheating last year-Most top riders have done a mate a favour, (would Mark Loram have been world champion without Joe Screen's help?)

But for all those who say he shouldnt get a wildcard......your talking out your backsides-Absolutely!

I take on board your answers and yes i understand track craft and yes i did find Mauger boring and to a lesser extent Nielsen but admired their skill.

Please dont tell me Greg made more passes than any other rider i dont believe that.

Maybe Nicki did and in the heat of the moment it happens.but Hancocks attitude was appalling afterwards

He didn't do anything to Pedersen, Hancock was about to get his arse handed to him when Pedersen was pulled off him.

I'm a great admirer of Hancock !

Brilliantly skillful to watch

Electric out the gate

His loyalty to his fellow riders/team mates (Sponsors)

I wonder if anyone thinks that Formula One is a load of cheating bollo#ks after Hamilton's team instructed their other driver to let Hamilton pass the other week so that he could give chase to the leaders ????

Yes.

Obviously.

He didn't do anything to Pedersen, Hancock was about to get his arse handed to him when Pedersen was pulled off him.

Really? Not being sarcastic just didnt know Pedersen was a hardcase.

Always annoys me when people break those fights up. Let em have a roll around sort it out then move on

I think it would have been further handbags. Neither Hancock nor Pedersen hit me as a trained fighter. ;)

As for Greg, whether you like him or not, it's obvious that he should be given a wildcard for next year.... should he want one, of course! He could decide to call time. We'll see.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Really? Not being sarcastic just didnt know Pedersen was a hardcase.

Always annoys me when people break those fights up. Let em have a roll around sort it out then move on

Flat on your back with the other guy on top of you isn't the best place to be.. that's where Greg ended up after his 'clothesline'.

Ha fair enough.

Shoulda done a Boycey. I dont think Gollob went anywhere him after Hackney 95!

• Like 1

Not Hancock`s biggest fan but IMO if he makes it known he will continue at SGP level then he will get a wild card pick.

Greg has withdrawn from Saturday's GP

He misses his 2nd GP in 22 years. Who thinks there is any current rider that will ever match that record?

Oh and I think he's qualified every year, no wildcards. (2001 into 2002?)