British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Somerset Rebels 26/07/17

Those who think Matt Fords anger is wrong can think again. Fully justified imo. Last night the team should never have lost. Considring its Matt that pays the bills he has every right to tell certain riders what he thinks. Definately the right call.

No good pussy footing about massaging egos.

Not to say Matt Ford hasn't made mistakes because I think he has made one or two hasty decisions like Lewis Kerr and Kyle Newman but the team isn't bad just performing well below its capabilities. I fully understand his feelings though, he has poured a lot of money in to getting riders and building a good team.

With hindsight you would have put Richie there, but he doubled his score to what I thought it would be. I said yesterday I would have put Jack there, that wouldn't have done much better!

The trouble with Ritchie Worrall is he is now our best rider and due to get dumped!

Feel for R. Worrall. Has been excellent cover for B. Kurtz.

Rumours on twitter that it was either Dudek or Janowski who were offered the big money contract. Neither of them are going to come over when they have a great chance of becoming World Champion. Waste of time.

Richie is a fine rider I was hoping BV could have fitted him in but averages dictated otherwise.I would rate him higher than Kennett or Lahti tbh he's probably better at away tracks than both of them.

So its fine for riders to go public with their moans (incidentally when the promoter was away!!) but not for the club owner who pays their wages?! Strange logic.

So its fine for riders to go public with their moans (incidentally when the promoter was away!!) but not for the club owner who pays their wages?! Strange logic.

No its not fine at all.

Ford should deal with any problems in house, not over the media.

Amateurish at best.

• Like 1

Might be on a proper holiday (not an enforced one!) seeing as it is the school holidays now.

No, he'd still be on here...

Correct me if I'm wrong and I will apologise but..... If you are based in The North East you don't know and are just talking crap and possible putting people off attending oh I love the forums Michael Fish wannabes

I'm based in the north east (also I have family in Devon and in Somerset, so I'm not always in the North East), but I was in Somerset since Monday, so i HAVE been in or near to the area, and sorry for any confusions I may have caused by posting that but I read it somewhere that it was actually cancelled, I just can't remember where, I was actually going to go to this meeting, but I didn't, because I thought it was off...

Edit: My girlfriend reminded me that we saw it posted on Twitter that Poole was off, so we decided to come home instead of stay down south for the Poole meeting, I've never been there and would love to give it a try, it's one of the last tracks I've not visited in the UK

Edited by Dandelion

Of course it is. Why should MF just stand there and accept these performances. MF pays the riders money to do a job. He doesn't pay them money to turn up and make excuses every week.

He does, the tracks the same for both teams. A lot of work went on yesterday afternoon to get the meeting on. It should have called at midday.

Perhaps he/she should think before posting then

Please read what I have just posted, I missed this meeting myself

Edited by Dandelion

That's your logic. What Poole riders went public with their moans about last night?

Nothing to do with hindsight a few said it was a mistake to put him at 5, I said it was like a lamb to the slaughter and it was.

The Dane in question is Kildermand I believe.

Thought he was unavailable cos of the three leagues thing. Somerset were snookered by this at the stsrt of the season.

Feel for R. Worrall. Has been excellent cover for B. Kurtz.

Rumours on twitter that it was either Dudek or Janowski who were offered the big money contract. Neither of them are going to come over when they have a great chance of becoming World Champion. Waste of time.

Dudek ride in the UK! :rofl:

• Like 2

I'm based in the north east (also I have family in Devon and in Somerset, so I'm not always in the North East), but I was in Somerset since Monday, so i HAVE been in or near to the area, and sorry for any confusions I may have caused by posting that but I read it somewhere that it was actually cancelled, I just can't remember where, I was actually going to go to this meeting, but I didn't, because I thought it was off...

Edit: My girlfriend reminded me that we saw it posted on Twitter that Poole was off, so we decided to come home instead of stay down south for the Poole meeting, I've never been there and would love to give it a try, it's one of the last tracks I've not visited in the UK

Next time follow the Poole twitter ;)

That's your logic. What Poole riders went public with their moans about last night?

They've moaned enough in the past, plus Skidder said when the promoter was away (as in Matt). So if they moan about the track when he's away they are obv scared of him! :D

That was an absolute shambles.

Well done to Somerset.

Who on earth thought that our line up was going to be competitive? No balance to it at all. As has been said, Lahti at 2, Holder/Worrall 3/4 and Kennet at 5. Im sure Poole would have won if we had used that formation..

Agree with SS re Hans in Ht15. Find it hard to criticise him, as he has been the mainstay all season, but a very poor ride cost us.

Richie was the only rider who can say he was competitive.

Holder poor by recent standards.Very unlucky in Ht12. Coming off turn 4, Allen turned left on him and clipped his front wheel. Allen did the exactly the same coming off turn 2 but Holder was already there. Had this happened on turn 4, I think Allen would have been excluded.Holder had no room to manoeuvre.

Kennett was a expected. Some excellent hard n fast drives round the boards reaped 2 race wins. Did what was expected.

Lahti was poor

Starke should be winning Ht2.Tried hard though

Shanes 3 3rds +bonus, doing his job.

Changes are needed, but who goes out and who comes in?

Season looks over to me.

Not quite yet. Poole were +7 and kings Lynn +4. With this defeat you are level, but still in it. With the Stars not looking too good (Holder situation etc), it might just be a case of who loses the least at home for the rest on the season. Once in the play-offs, well anything can happen.

None last night as far as I'm aware but then I'm not on Twitter so can't be sure. All I do know is that we could easily have had another 'Kings Lynn' situation had the track shale not been bladed off at around 6.30 pm. The gates were not opened til 6.45 (I was in early as I was sponsoring the meeting :t::shock: !!)