British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyderd

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

At Glasgow we are fortunate to be able to enjoy Dan and Jack's development on a weekly basis , i know they belong to Belle Vue , but i wouldn't mind another year out of them in 2018 .

Jack belongs to you.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/glasgow-tigers-sign-jack-smith-12234620.amp

It was whilst all the closed season BS went on at Belle Vue.

Edited by ouch

Just watched this, recorded on BT last night. Hats off to Tungate, Bjerre & Bewley who won the meeting for the Aces. Sentiment has no part in Speedway, Aces will struggle to win the playoffs with Smith in the 1-7, although he was better tonight than he has been when I have seen him before. That could well in part be due to Wolves failings. Not that Greaves or Perks looked that bad, could be the track.

I do wonder what Adams was thinking, Lindgren could have 6 rides, why put him off gate 4 for 50% of those rides. Wolves were fairly poor Masters aside. Considering the performances of Schlien & Barker at the British Final, they were poor.

Edited by Col

Just watched this, recorded on BT last night. Hats off to Tungate, Bjerre & Bewley who won the meeting for the Aces. Sentiment has no part in Speedway, Aces will struggle to win the playoffs with Smith in the 1-7, although he was better tonight than he has been when I have seen him before. That could well in part be due to Wolves failings. Not that Greaves or Perks looked that bad, could be the track.

I do wonder what Adams was thinking, Lindgren could have 6 rides, why put him off gate 4 for 50% of those rides. Wolves were fairly poor Masters aside. Considering the performances of Schlien & Barker at the British Final, they were poor.

Which 2.00 rider would you suggest to replace Smith with?

• Like 1

Exactly. There are no better options.

Really enjoyed the meeting, Bewley looked superb. Why wasn't he given a reserve berth at the British final?

Good effort all round by the aces, hope we can repeat it in the play offs.

Lahti only scored one point tonight! Doesnt look like he is the answer.

Exactly. There are no better options. Really enjoyed the meeting, Bewley looked superb. Why wasn't he given a reserve berth at the British final?

He would of been my reserve at the WTC just for the experience if anything, for me he is the best under 21 rider along with Lambert that we have.Be interesting what path he goes on next year as he wont do the three leagues i suppose?Be nice if Belle Vue get him on a longterm contract so there is the stability there for both Belle Vue is the club to develop him into a international rider.My prediction is when he gets his consistency of gating right he will take a hell of alot of beating at the new Belle Vue in the future exciting times for Belle Vue and England. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

You have to laugh when people suggest we ditch Jack and can't come up with a suitable replacement.I think he is doing OK he's been thrown into the premiership on a 2 point average and if he scores that he has done his job.Would rather encourage their development than sack them.

• Like 3

No idea why Jack smith is getting flack or maybe dropping him, I think he has done pretty well, like Shanes at Poole, they are 2 point riders, all they are expected to do is beat there opposing number, on the plus side for Wolves I thought Greaves did well too.

• Like 1

Exactly. There are no better options. Really enjoyed the meeting, Bewley looked superb. Why wasn't he given a reserve berth at the British final?

Genuine answer : he was Judged to be too good.

Stick with Smith and longterm someone will reap the rewards hopefully Belle Vue, i would imagine Smith next year will be sought after on his low average.Fair play to Belle Vue they have a great tradition of giving youth a chance and if Smith can get his 3/4 he has done his job this year is a massive learning curve for Jack.
  • Like 1

Hope both smith and bewley are at belle Vue next year, think both could significantly improve their average.

Have to say Jack isn't as exciting as his dad was at the same stage in his career, but seems to be a better gater.

Am sure averages will force at least one change, but hopefully we can keep the nucleus of the side for next year.

• Like 1

Hope both smith and bewley are at belle Vue next year, think both could significantly improve their average.

Have to say Jack isn't as exciting as his dad was at the same stage in his career, but seems to be a better gater.

Am sure averages will force at least one change, but hopefully we can keep the nucleus of the side for next year.

Certainly a better gater smudge was not the best, i think Belle Vue should be able and should keep Bewley and Smith in 2018.

Suspect points will dictate needing to let Bjerre or fricke go next season. Or possibly tungate though I expect he will be on a still attractive average.

Suspect points will dictate needing to let Bjerre or fricke go next season. Or possibly tungate though I expect he will be on a still attractive average.

AND therein lays one of speedway's major issues. No sooner have fans built up a rapport with a rider then they are forced to let him go. If a team wants to keep an unchanged team from one season to another they should be allowed to do so. All this dumbing down (among a multitude of other reasons) is helping to kill British speedway.

• Like 7

AND therein lays one of speedway's major issues. No sooner have fans built up a rapport with a rider then they are forced to let him go. If a team wants to keep an unchanged team from one season to another they should be allowed to do so. All this dumbing down (among a multitude of other reasons) is helping to kill British speedway.

It's a difficult one. You don't want the same team winning every year (did Poole do 4 titles in 5 years?) but the continual turnover of riders doesn't allow a bond to be built with the riders. Wolves supporters are lucky in one way as the promotion are loyal to riders Freddie Lindgren for example hasn't ridden for anyone else.

It's a difficult one. You don't want the same team winning every year (did Poole do 4 titles in 5 years?) but the continual turnover of riders doesn't allow a bond to be built with the riders. Wolves supporters are lucky in one way as the promotion are loyal to riders Freddie Lindgren for example hasn't ridden for anyone else.

NOT just talking about the winning team. Any team. Should be up to others to aspire to achieve better performances not expect others to come down to their level.

• Like 2