British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

Swindon V Poole Thurs 27/07/

Do you write for either local rag & I'm sure both summed it up the same....a few people on here have many identities so you never know...

Boring meeting against mid table cannon fodder. Most races over by 1st 2 corners such was the difference in class. Holder entertaining though and looks a rider.

22-8 lol.

We arent going to get 5 new riders in 3hrs and 45mins so we might as well give up this season and Hans can start lowering his average for next year.

Thought he had already :wink:

Do you write for either local rag & I'm sure both summed it up the same....a few people on here have many identities so you never know...

Im KKS

What a great run Swindon are on. Second in the table (ahead of current champions Wolves). Not bad for a team written off at the start of the year. I guess very few people saw the potential in this side and thought Rosco was mad - especially signing Bellego who has been a revelation.

This run of form will end sometime but for now Swindon certainly are the team to beat. I still remember at the start of the season certain Poole fans bigging up their team and that Swindon had no chance against them and in the league. The pirate ship has hit a huge iceberg and is sinking faster than the Titanic - cue the violins :wink:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

What a great run Swindon are on. Second in the table (ahead of current champions Wolves). Not bad for a team written off at the start of the year. I guess very few people saw the potential in this side and thought Rosco was mad - especially signing Bellego who has been a revelation.

This run of form will end sometime but for now Swindon certainly are the team to beat. I still remember at the start of the season certain Poole fans bigging up their team and that Swindon had no chance against them and in the league. The pirate ship has hit a huge iceberg and is sinking fast.

Their ship is going down quicker than Starman when Matt drops his pants for some post meeting comfort.

• Like 3

Well just got back and what a load of twaddle the last few pages have been. Can't anyone here string a constructive sentence together? Ye gods come on this is meant to be a forum not the ya hoo boo sucks crap posted on here. Some on here need to grow up.

Now onto the meeting. Utter dire rubbish sorry to say. The Swindon fans will enjoy the win but as a spectacle it was truly awful. Doyle made a pass in heat one, then we had to wait until heat 9 before anything of note happened. It was all from the gate with the Swindon riders rolling and being pulled back or flying from the gate so the race was over first bend. No chance of passing so there was little in the way of actual racing. Just a gating competition which Swindon won hands down.

Thought the crowd was reasonable. Not big but OK. I must admit I thought there would be more but it was a cold night up there.

Swindon do look a good team. Whether they can get close enough to Wolves at Monmore is the challenge if they are going to win it. Clear favourites though. Can see those two in the final.

As expected we didn't have the top end fire power to win heats. We pretty much kept it level after 7 heats but by then all the damage had been done. We are missing Brady and we are missing a number one. For the first time in many years we don't have a rider or two where we can expect a heat win. There's nobody in the team who can power through and score big. This is no doubt going to be sorted this winter but no good for this season.

Score was roughly what I thought it would be. Should have been a little closer but Holder blew a 5-1 with a silly fall, and the ref made an error in allowing Morris off 15 metres when he had been disqualified. He was disqualified for delaying the start after a warning for rolling. There is no 15 metre handicap for this offence so it should have been a 5-0 Poole instead of the 4-2 due to Kennett messing up a bend. This needs to be corrected, not because Poole might have got something out of the meeting as it makes no difference, but if finishing top comes down to points difference and its very close, said points "could" become important.

Well done Swindon on the win. Bringing in Museilak for Gappmier turned them into also rans to clear Championship favourites. For us Pirates its blatantly obvious where our problems lie. No top rider and Brady out. One can be sorted but not the other, making us also rans for this season.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

"Championship" favourites? Surely that's Poole after Glasgow beat you!

• Like 1

To answer the above post. Whilst I agree that the racing wasn't great tonight you can only beat what's put infront of you & we did that at a canter. I was really surprised by how poor Poole were in those opening heats....well

Opening 8 heats. Goes to show how Swindon were right to have a massive number 1, leads from the front & gives the team confidence.

We are the form side with more home matches than away, I can't see us dropping many, if any points at home now. We have only been away once without picking a point up. We are now a better side. Yes you don't win a league in July but you can certainly make a massive statement. Roll on the next week....KL away, Leicester at Home & the Rye Away, hopefully a bucket load of points

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

Well just got back and what a load of twaddle the last few pages have been. Can't anyone here string a constructive sentence together? Ye gods come on this is meant to be a forum not the ya hoo boo sucks crap posted on here. Some on here need to grow up.

Now onto the meeting. Utter dire rubbish sorry to say. The Swindon fans will enjoy the win but as a spectacle it was truly awful. Doyle made a pass in heat one, then we had to wait until heat 9 before anything of note happened. It was all from the gate with the Swindon riders rolling and being pulled back or flying from the gate so the race was over first bend. No chance of passing so there was little in the way of actual racing. Just a gating competition which Swindon won hands down.

Thought the crowd was reasonable. Not big but OK. I must admit I thought there would be more but it was a cold night up there.

Swindon do look a good team. Whether they can get close enough to Wolves at Monmore is the challenge if they are going to win it. Clear favourites though. Can see those two in the final.

As expected we didn't have the top end fire power to win heats. We pretty much kept it level after 7 heats but by then all the damage had been done. We are missing Brady and we are missing a number one. For the first time in many years we don't have a rider or two where we can expect a heat win. There's nobody in the team who can power through and score big. This is no doubt going to be sorted this winter but no good for this season.

Score was roughly what I thought it would be. Should have been a little closer but Holder blew a 5-1 with a silly fall, and the ref made an error in allowing Morris off 15 metres when he had been disqualified. He was disqualified for delaying the start after a warning for rolling. There is no 15 metre handicap for this offence so it should have been a 5-0 Poole instead of the 4-2 due to Kennett messing up a bend. This needs to be corrected, not because Poole might have got something out of the meeting as it makes no difference, but if finishing top comes down to points difference and its very close, said points "could" become important.

Well done Swindon on the win. Bringing in Museilak for Gappmier turned them into also rans to clear Championship favourites. For us Pirates its blatantly obvious where our problems lie. No top rider and Brady out. One can be sorted but not the other, making us also rans for this season.

I think you'll find I told you what a waste of £17 it would be with the Poole riders 'pootling' around at the back, that you'd get hammered and that you are cannon fodder!

Now you have the cheek to moan about it. 😛

Looks like Matt Ford isn't the only Poole man having a meltdown SS!, you can give it plenty but you can't take it - it's called banter!

Here's a constructive comment just for you - your team are sh!te but at least you won't get the wooden spoon!:rofl:

• Like 1

Banter? Pages of rubbish imo.

Don't count your chickens too early SteveO, or you'll be having another meltdown like you did at Poole last season, giving us all a laugh storming off in a huff before the end of the meeting. Lol!

As for having a meltdown, certainly not me. Can't win it all the time. Always next season.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Glug Glug Glug .

• Like 2

Attention to the Dorset Knob(lovely biscuits by the way!!).Can you give us the result of heat 15 at Blunsdon Stadium tonight please? :rofl:

A really good home win, Poole really were poor felt for Hans in heat 1 was he complacent or did Doyley pick mega drive up to win heat 1..? After heat 1 all one way traffic to all Poole fans keep the faith in Holder/Kurtz for the future Holder is a very good rider impressed me tonight after a fall Holder/Kurtz are Poole's future both will do Poole proud.

Edited by Sidney the robin

A really good home win, Poole really were poor felt for Hans in heat 1 was he complacent or did Doyley pick mega drive up to win heat 1..? After heat 1 all one way traffic to all Poole fans keep the faith in Holder/Kurtz for the future Holder is a very good rider impressed me tonight after a fall Holder/Kurtz are Poole's future both will do Poole proud.

Yes indeed !!! If Poole have a future !!!

A bit like your grandparents then (Both sets).

By that I mean introducing your mummy and daddy to the world which has then resulted in your mummy popping you out of her lady parts.

Read the post idiot.

I said if Lahti and Starke didn't go then Holder would have to because of the Numbers game.

I didn't say Holder to go because of form or anything.

I am Speechless :rofl:

Banter? Pages of rubbish imo.

Don't count your chickens too early SteveO, or you'll be having another meltdown like you did at Poole last season, giving us all a laugh storming off in a huff before the end of the meeting. Lol!

As for having a meltdown, certainly not me. Can't win it all the time. Always next season.

Should people in glass houses throw stones...

How is your Italian these days?

• Like 1