British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Are you sure about THJ on borrowed machinery.It was definately all his covers.

As informed by DWP earlier.....

As informed by DWP earlier.....

DWP did say "i believe",so probably wasn't 100%.I hope he was on borrowed stuff,because you would think he would go better on his own equipment :t:.It was definately his own covers though.

I was quietly impressed last night of how our team performed against the 'in-form' team of the league. We now have a side of triers, riders who don't give up easily. Some of the races last night were top draw and eagerly contested. A few could have gone the other way, meaning the scores could have been even closer. I'm under no elusion of our overall strength, but even withstanding the strength of the top three, the remaining sides are all beatable.

Given last night as purely an appetizer, each of the three new riders should only get better when they are dialled in to the new club. THJ was on borrowed machinery, Auty and MPT were nervous and anxious to impress. Anxiety got the better of both but it will get better.. Them, together with Lambert, Huckenbeck Jorgensen and Porsing, we should be able to hold our own against most teams... and give them all decent competition.....

Things can only get better....... 'Don't let the sun go down '

Don't know why you put in-form in quotes - because they are the in-form team - last 10 meetings - WWWWWWWWWW. Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Swindon are the In-Form team now because they made a good move in getting a rider that is getting lots more points than the one who he replaced There good luck it could have gone the other way

Batchelor is in the SS spouting how he upped his average by 2 pts this year, but he doesn't mention how last year he was rubbish and was carried by the Stars. He was an 8pt rider who dropped his average to 5+ so to be back to 7 is nothing to brag about. He's not producing the goods that was expected from a GP rider....

Batch is averaging 8.31 this year with BP or 7.94 without? Not sure where you get the 7 from?

He sits 11th in the averages of those who have ridden more than half a dozen meetings, which is roughly where you'd expect him to be?

You can accuse Batch justifiably of many things, but I don't think you can complain that his results this year are disappointing.

Swindon are the In-Form team now because they made a good move in getting a rider that is getting lots more points than the one who he replaced There good luck it could have gone the other way

Not good luck, it was a good move, and one that was 99% likely to have improved them.

Of course the ridiculous rule which allowed Musielak to come in on that low average i's another story...

• Like 3

Batch is averaging 8.31 this year with BP or 7.94 without? Not sure where you get the 7 from?

He sits 11th in the averages of those who have ridden more than half a dozen meetings, which is roughly where you'd expect him to be?

You can accuse Batch justifiably of many things, but I don't think you can complain that his results this year are disappointing.

Not good luck, it was a good move, and one that was 99% likely to have improved them.

Of course the ridiculous rule which allowed Musielak to come in on that low average i's another story...

I quite agree, but he is not South Coast certainty next year.

It's the old jumping on the bandwagon effect :@

Batch was doing great, he'd won Rider of the Night often.

Edited by Trees

Yeah. Luck could have gone the other way and they lost their number one and solid scoring reserve instead.

• Like 6

I quite agree, but he is not South Coast certainty next year.

No but I think he would have been for the rest of this season if Chapman had allowed him the time to get a team instead of his "it's my ball" schoolboy behaviour.

No one is more disappointed than I at the way the situation with Holder and Batch has turned out. I was one of the few people out spoken in Batch's defence after such a terrible year. Many posters penned they would've drop him so bad was he. I didn't complain about his results this year, all I was said was he still had some way to go before he got back to the standard he once was. He got two pages in this weeks SS making out he was hard done by after what he had done , I was disappointed he didn't manage a single line of thanks after the way he was carried by the team last year. Probably Kings Lynn should have done what most would've done and got rid then. I've got no time for people who only think of themselves

I'm a great believer in 'you reap what you sow' philosophy, and believe Batchelor has got his just deserts.... All the moaning in the world wont alter the way he behaved.,

• Like 1

No one is more disappointed than I at the way the situation with Holder and Batch has turned out. I was one of the few people out spoken in Batch's defence after such a terrible year. Many posters penned they would've drop him so bad was he. I didn't complain about his results this year, all I was said was he still had some way to go before he got back to the standard he once was. He got two pages in this weeks SS making out he was hard done by after what he had done , I was disappointed he didn't manage a single line of thanks after the way he was carried by the team last year. Probably Kings Lynn should have done what most would've done and got rid then. I've got no time for people who only think of themselves

I'm a great believer in 'you reap what you sow' philosophy, and believe Batchelor has got his just deserts.... All the moaning in the world wont alter the way he behaved.,

Batchelor has always been a moron, I remember his tantrums when he first came to Lynn and nothing has changed

• Like 1

No one is more disappointed than I at the way the situation with Holder and Batch has turned out. I was one of the few people out spoken in Batch's defence after such a terrible year. Many posters penned they would've drop him so bad was he. I didn't complain about his results this year, all I was said was he still had some way to go before he got back to the standard he once was.

OK. But according to sped way stats website average wise this is his best ever season? Or at least was as of end of June.

OK. But according to sped way stats website average wise this is his best ever season? Or at least was as of end of June.

It's also the weakest league for many years.

We all know how Batch sulks,and Buster done the right thing.His average was only going to go one way,and that was the way down.This would of course enable him to get a team birth next season.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

I thought he had one year when he was on fire everywhere and had an average over 9?