British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

If a rider presents himself to first aid their job is to offer assistance, that is what they are trained to do.

An ice pack would be just a precaution. If you look around speedway there are guys competing with dodgy shoulders, plated collarbones, knees with braces ,damaged hands and strapping all over their bodies.

Batchelors concern... a swelling of the wrist, something that was so serious that he managed to compete the following evening and help himself to a load of points.

I'm sure that i read somewhere that he packed up his kit , showered and changed, & left the stadium while the meeting was continuing which is difficult to defend in my book.

As for the punishment fitting the crime, well ... I suppose it depends who you believe is in the wrong.

Two riders who tried to dictate to their employer and the referee what was going to happen, and when their attempts failed to bring the result they demanded they decided to " take their ball home" .

Seems to me their punishment was well earned, and hopefully it will be a step in the right direction in an attempt to rid the sport of the huge issue it has with riders calling all of the shots.

If a rider presents himself to the medics there first job is to examine and diagnose the injury. Batchelor had been off his bike and he claims there was swelling. I haven't seen anybody, including Chapman,deny that there was swelling, so it's reasonable to assume there was an injury of some kind.

Yes I know there are riders riding with dodgy shoulders and all the rest of it, and I have seen for example Adam Roynon come out with a dislocated shoulder and tootle round at the back to claim a match winning point but that was on a good track.The fact is that once a rider has suffered a discernible injury it becomes a matter of judgement whether he should ride.

The point is any sport must be properly regulated. To suspend Holder for 28 days was within Chapmans reasonable range of options under the rules. To stitch them up in this way is underhand and not a good example for the Chairman to set.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of all this it is Chapmans position on BSPA Chairman that comes under the spot light and this matter will hang round his neck like an albatross for long time to come. Just like his behaviour when Petef Karlsson. broke his back

You could be right. I've tried looking up a few sites and it doesn't seem totally clear what their situation is on this. It also gets affected by earnings and so on. Personally I hope they are able to come back last year just for the stength of the league.

Yep ~ they definitely did. :lol:

• Like 1

The point is any sport must be properly regulated. To suspend Holder for 28 days was within Chapmans reasonable range of options under the rules. To stitch them up in this way is underhand and not a good example for the Chairman to set.

Holder stitched himself up.

But everybody using this naff defence seems unable to answer this... If they had been given 24 hours and both get fixed up with other clubs, what about the two riders they replaced? Would it be fair on them? No. So the buck needs to stop with the two riders who messed their own club around.

Holder and Batchelor appear to have stitched themselves up. Simple.

• Like 6

If a rider presents himself to the medics there first job is to examine and diagnose the injury. Batchelor had been off his bike and he claims there was swelling. I haven't seen anybody, including Chapman,deny that there was swelling, so it's reasonable to assume there was an injury of some kind.

Yes I know there are riders riding with dodgy shoulders and all the rest of it, and I have seen for example Adam Roynon come out with a dislocated shoulder and tootle round at the back to claim a match winning point but that was on a good track.The fact is that once a rider has suffered a discernible injury it becomes a matter of judgement whether he should ride.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of all this it is Chapmans position on BSPA Chairman that comes under the spot light and this matter will hang round his neck like an albatross for long time to come. Just like his behaviour when Petef Karlsson. broke his back

Chapman did not suspend holder for 28 days- the SCB did following referee Darren Hartley`s lengthy account of the happenings that night.

• Like 5

Chapman did not suspend holder for 28 days- the SCB did following referee Darren Hartley`s lengthy account of the happenings that night.

Well O.K., but it boils down to the same thing. Holder suffered the penalty provided under the rules, fair enough. He shouldn't have an extra one. Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Well O.K., but it boils down to the same thing. Holder suffered the penalty provided under the rules, fair enough. He shouldn't have an extra one.

If Chapman considered that the atmosphere among his team had been considerably soured, he had every right to do what he did, the timing might be an issue for some but personally I was surprised he kept Holder as long as he did, he'd been under-performing all season.

• Like 1

Holder stitched himself up.But everybody using this naff defence seems unable to answer this. If they had been given 24 hours and both get fixed up with other clubs, what about the two riders they replaced? Would it be fair on them? No. .

That is in the nature of the sport. It's not nice but it's a tough sport. Promoters re-juggle teams all the team to try to strengthen up. Rye House have had riders in and out like a revolving door. Ellis Perks for example did everything that was asked of him but was still sacked . Justin Sedgemen has been in and out of three teams this year. That is a problem to be laid at the door of promoters disloyalty.

• Like 1

That is in the nature of the sport. It's not nice but it's a tough sport. Promoters re-juggle teams all the team to try to strengthen up. Rye House have had riders in and out like a revolving door. Ellis Perks for example did everything that was asked of him but was still sacked . Justin Sedgemen has been in and out of three teams this year. That is a problem to be laid at the door of promoters disloyalty.

That doesn't answer the question. Why is it right that other riders are left with no team, provided the two whinging Aussies get sorted out?

• Like 3

Two guys cause turmoil at their club ,because they can't get their way they decide they no longer want to ride.

Now they're not, problem solved, :t:

• Like 7

Its the biggest issue that nobody on here who is having a go at Chapman seems to have picked up on.

Chris Holder and Troy Batchelor moaned about the track, threw their toys out of the pram and refused to ride.

Why then should they be able to go to another club, putting other riders out of a job because of their petulant actions??

They should have had a ban from Uk racing and Chapman made sure that happened. I for one think well done.

On the night of the match certain Poole fans were very very vocal on here saying that Kings Lynn had a meltdown and refused to race when the track although not perfect was raceable as proved by heat times.

The exact same Poole fans now saying the whole fault comes from Busters track prep!

You cant say in one breath that Kings Lynn should have raced then say blame the track prep!!

Lots of tracks havent been perfect this season but riders get on with it.

Im glad Holder and Batch couldnt be employed elsewhere thus putting other riders out of work

• Like 6

Wake up. The wages we pay over here do not compare to the wages they see abroad.

What are the wages here and abroad?

Clearly there is a divide in peoples opinion, with most KL fans backing their promoter with the neutrals more split down the middle.

I spoke to Holder about the track and he said it was dangerous, with riders unable to turn properly and making it impossible to race. He said although the Poole track had been bumpy, it is always possible to turn and he had no issues with it when he rode here the previous night.

I rarely agree with Steve0 and EIAddio but on this occassion we are all of the same opinion that the whole sorry affair falls at the door of Buster Chapman who caused the issue in the first place.

Interestingly Tatum said on TV Monday that the track was 80% clay and very very grippy. But clearly less so than the Poole meeting.

You spoke to Holder did you? Or did you get the message from piratebaz???

How comes on the night of the meeting you were saying the Kings Lynn riders acted appallingly then??

So on the night you were of the opinion that the track was raceable!

Now your saying the blame lays at the person who prepped the track!!

So which is it??? Was the track raceable.....whcih is what you and piratebaz and all the others were saying....

Or should the meeting have been postponed thus meaning Poole shouldnt have had the 4 points???

CANT BE BOTH CAN IT!!!

• Like 1

Chris Holder says he is paid 10 times as much in Poland.

Well with plenty of time on his hands nowadays there's nothing to prevent him going there . :lol:

• Like 2