British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

Robins V Lions...3/8

cant argue with that steve o their wasnt one robins fan who gave them any chance but hey ho the`ve done it so far

Just goes to show, one change even to a written off team at the start can make all the difference, plus ofcourse excellent TEAM spirit, well done Rosco and the boys.

• Like 5

A really hard fought home win fair play to the Lions they really made things difficult tonight Nicholls again was great value.Riss was a mixed bag tonight but Riss,Jorgensen (impressive in front),Bates were in the mix tried there utmost and Tungate had one heat win.For Swindon Bomber was excellent give everything Bellego,Musielak,Morris did more than there job the racing was ok tonight ten on the bounce not bad eh!!!! annoying no speedway next Thursday.

My first trip along the m4 for a while and glad I went. Meeting had a bit of everything and the racing was better than I have seen on most of my previous visits to the Abbey. Best move of the night probably Nicholls cutting through the Swindon pair on bend 4.

Good to catch up with JD.

Rico :rolleyes:

good meeting last night, plenty of close racing which is always good to see.

10 from Len which places us in the heady heights of 1st position in the league.. who'd of thought that eh..!

Just a quick note on the collection for our injured Zach, £1800 collected for the youngster, fantastic. :t::t: :t:

• Like 1

Very good meeting with plenty of action and good close racing and multiple overtaking.

A great improvement from Chris Harris from his last visit and it was strange in the first heat with a score of Rye House 5, Swindon 1, Leicester 0.

The few battles between Chris and Scott were quite entertaining.

If needed I can see Chris and Scott being on high up on Roscos guest list for Jason.

All the team did well especially David Bellego, a very astute signing by Rosco this season, and Tobi who has really turned the team around since his signing.

BWD had more bad luck with a blown engine in heat 9. The poor lad is trying hard but things are just not going right for him at the moment.

The Leicester reserves put in good scores and luckily Rohan was ok after his fall when his bike ended up on top of the fence.

We are now top of the league and have now had a run of wins that is outstanding, which seemed to be appreciated by the reasonably large crowd for a meeting against the team in bottom place in the league. Despite that Leicester levelled the score with a 5-1 in heat 11 and it was Swindons last three heats 5-1 scores that won us the meeting.

• Like 1

It depends on what the rule says about replacing injured reserves in the Premiership.

It doesn't specify reserves have to be eligible or have ridden in NL & it's in the declared 1 - 7. It says 2 riders that have or are eligible for NL. So I think we already have 2 as Morris & Ellis qualify.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

It doesn't specify reserves have to be eligible or have ridden in NL & it's in the declared 1 - 7. It says 2 riders that have or are eligible for NL. So I think we already have 2 as Morris & Ellis qualify.

And Brad WD.

• Like 1