British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is This Swindon Team The Best Of Recent Times?

Coventry, Wembley & Wimbledon don't race anymore.

BV with all due respect haven't won a league title since 1993.

I don't go back to the 1990's like you guys.

Why should Neil do that, how many Trophies has Rosco won?

Rosco has won the league with 2 different sides. Middlo had managed a team where money was no object. Rosco is the better team manager. Rosco better with GB as well

you quite clearly said Poole have achieved more than any other club!!! Pooles run of success is hopefully over. Biggest clubs over the years are Belle Vue, Coventry and Cradley, you can't just ignore history

You are starting to sound like that Gater bell.......

Rosco has won the league with 2 different sides. Middlo had managed a team where money was no object. Rosco is the better team manager. Rosco better with GB as well

Give it a rest FFS!

so don't make a statement that says have and always will achieve more?

Give it a rest FFS!

Give what a rest.

Middlo has had success at Poole and has been given plenty of backing to do that money wise by Ford and by Ford buying up an asset base. Im sure most managers would love to have the backing Middlo gets.

Rosco has done it on shoestring budgets AND with 2 different sides. Lets see Middlo come out of the easy comfort zone at Poole and go elsewhere to prove himself.

This season Poole had clearly the best 1-7 at the start..Swindon in most peoples eyes were going to finish near the bottom. Poole have imploded and are only going to finish 4th because of the mess at Kings Lynn. Swindon on the other hand are title favourites.....tells me all i need to know.

And for TeamGB Middlo was manager when we had decent riders.........Rosco has got us to two finals when our team isnt that good.

So in my eyes Rosco is quite clearly the better manager

This made me laugh.

Poole have and always will achieve more than Swindon or any other British club for that matter.

Just you trying to get a bite again isn't it.

Belle Vue,Coventry,Cradley are still bigger clubs in my view can you remember Poole finishing bottom in the 70s/80s ? a big NO you cant.

Belle Vue,Coventry,Cradley are still bigger clubs in my view can you remember Poole finishing bottom in the 70s/80s ? a big NO you cant.

Sidney dont rise to Gater1/ speedwayfanatic...................cant see past Poole for anything.

Poole have never been the biggest club in speedway not even close................most successful for a small period yes................which hopefully has ended now.

We're not in the 70/80's.

You may as well say Preston North End are the biggest football club with this argument.

What you should say is 'were' not 'are', especially with relation to Coventry and Cradley.

Sidney dont rise to Gater1/ speedwayfanatic...................cant see past Poole for anything.

Poole have never been the biggest club in speedway not even close................most successful for a small period yes................which hopefully has ended now.

Poole has been the biggest club in they last few years for sure ..in terms of support things won etc etc ..there can be no doubt about that .

Poole has been the biggest club in they last few years for sure ..in terms of support things won etc etc ..there can be no doubt about that .

Dont agree.

Biggest doesnt mean winning things.

Who is the biggest footbal club? Manchester United then Liverpool i would guess.

Chelsea, Manchester City have all had more success then United or Liverpool but arent bigger clubs.

Belle Vue are still the biggest club in speedway..........yes Poole have won the league recently a few times.

Poole are the most successful of recent years..................certainly not the biggest club.

And the club is well supported when winning things............the fans go missing otherwise

Edited by Gavan

And the club is well supported when winning things............the fans go missing otherwise

The same with all clubs.

Dont agree.

Biggest doesnt mean winning things.

Who is the biggest footbal club? Manchester United then Liverpool i would guess.

Chelsea, Manchester City have all had more success then United or Liverpool but arent bigger clubs.

Belle Vue are still the biggest club in speedway..........yes Poole have won the league recently a few times.

Poole are the most successful of recent years..................certainly not the biggest club.

Belle vue went bust last year not being even being able to pay there bills ..and before that had been in cow pat of stadium with only average support..in terms of fans things won budget spent Poole have been miles ahead of any over club and been far the biggest in the last 10 years .tell me who won more who had more support or got bigger sponsors and has had a bigger budget ..when you do let me know Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Orion is correct.

Poole have been by far the biggest club in the UK over the last decade or so.

Of course, that is nowhere near as big as clubs used to be, Belle Vue especially. That however is the past.

Belle Vue, in their new home, may reclaim that status in the coming years, time will tell.

• Like 1

The Swindon side have punched above their weight but the idea they are one of the best of far times is slightly farfetched given the standard of the watered down product they are racing in.

RE the biggest club debate – Cradley Heath haven’t raced a top flight meeting for the best part of 20 years – the notion they are in any way a bigger club than Pool is nonsensical.