British Speedway Forum
iainb

Why Not Work With The Poles?

If that is the case (one league) then let's see these riders manage on only 14 meetings a year. Not long before the excuses of not enough meetings / rusty etc. Can't wait to see it all implode, karma for those who think they can run the sport by throwing money at everything.

Surely every sport is dominated by those who through money at it? Certainly Football Cricket rugby RL etc

I imagine the poles will organise more and more individual and pairs meetings for the top riders.

One league only, who will commit to Poland alone? Will the Swedes and Danes have to race in their countries so no Poland for them? Basically, if true, Poland are going it alone......interesting.

Everything I have seen has said one league in addition to the Polish league... Not one league in total.

There was also a proposal put to the FIM where each of the main leagues had fixed race nights and had priority on those. Presumably they were willing to be more flexible with league numbers for riders if this was introduced.

• Like 1

Everything I have seen has said one league in addition to the Polish league... Not one league in total.

There was also a proposal put to the FIM where each of the main leagues had fixed race nights and had priority on those. Presumably they were willing to be more flexible with league numbers for riders if this was introduced.

Seems to me the Poles are taking reasonable steps to safeguard their investment in their leagues.

Bad news for Britsin though, zero or two other leagues I think there was still the opportunity to get TOP riders. Now the only possibility would seem to be if say Doyle or Holder decide that the benefits of being based in Britain outweighs the extra earnings in Sweden. Or could they actually still base themselves on the uk without a work visa by demonstrating they had sufficient income overseas to support themselves?

That is what I thought the proposal was, Poland and one other, we'll see no doubt.

Not sure about Sweden.Could well clamp down if riders choose to miss their league,but doubt they would.But didn't they threaten riders before with suspensions?Not sure of the reasons now,but Jonason and Lindgren come to mind

With Denmark,it would obviously be a disaster if top riders miss out as they are the stars that attract the crowds.Danish fans are similar to Poles and don't support foreigners like they do their own riders.Quite a bit probably depends on what sponsorship they have and if that is based upon being seen in Denmark and on danish TV....