British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Rye House Thurs 10/8/17

Not ridiculous at all. Those the rules. Same as Swindon with Musilak, same as Woffinden for Wolves, same as KK at Rye, same as any other rider who has come into the league. Initially he came with an assesed average, then he gained a real one with Coventry. So that's the one being used.

Yep. If he's interested in Britain and Matt Ford (or any other promoter) reckons he's kicked on and is good value for his average, then clearly there's a deal to be done. It's obviously particularly incumbent on promoters to spot these bargains given that the sport runs with ceilings on team building.

How committed to Britain Woryna (or any other of his countrymen) is permitted to be by the Polish authorities is, of course, potentially another matter altogether. And DC2's reservations expressed above on short-termism will certainly chime with some posters.

But as to Woryna's average, FWIW no quibbles from me.

Not ridiculous at all. Those the rules. Same as Swindon with Musilak, same as Woffinden for Wolves, same as KK at Rye, same as any other rider who has come into the league. Initially he came with an assesed average, then he gained a real one with Coventry. So that's the one being used.

Musilak is a number one in the Polish top flight but rides as a second string for Swindon. Didn't hear moans and groans and demands for a re-assesment a little while ago when he came in.

Anyway the 2018 rules for team building are not yet in place so all this is pie in the sky rumour mongering.

Steve if you look back I've said on multiple threads that it is ridiculous Musielak came on on the average he did.

Re woryna this is not an anti Poole thing, my view is ANY rider who didn't ride in Britain this year should be re assessed for 2018 based on averages achieved in Europe. And these averages should be published for every rider so there is full transparency.

• Like 1

Hee hee hee don't you just love it?! In my post #283 where I shared some of the 'rumours' doing the rounds on Thursday, I made no mention of the 'signing' being a Number 1, nor a heat leader for that matter.

The 'signing' could just be an addition to Poole's asset base to give more value to the club (ie a rider that is still prepared to ride in UK) for when if it comes on the market at some point - but not necessarily guaranteeing a 2018 team place?!

Woryna is an interesting one?! Certainly no secret that he would love to ride for Poole as he still includes the 'skull & crossbones' on all his kevlars (except the Coventry ones from last season cos Horton objected!!)

Edited by Skidder1

The rider is Kacper Woryna.

Well that's 4 riders who are a lock for next year. B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder & K. Woryna.

The bspa will not allow Chris Holder to ride in the Championship.

• Like 2

The bspa will not allow Chris Holder to ride in the Championship.

They may do!! Chris Harris has a higher average than Chris Holder, and he rides in the Championship!! :t:

The rider is Kacper Woryna.

Well that's 4 riders who are a lock for next year. B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder & K. Woryna.

Assuming BSPA still want 2 Brits per team incl at least one youngster then I can see Shanes being asked back but also advised to ride in Championship to get more experience. All I keep reading is lots of positive comments on how this young guy tries his heart out so lets not throw out all the hard work and investment Poole have put into his efforts and they also recognise his hard work and enthusiasm.

Assuming he keeps at his current average of say 2.72 GSA according to Poole website after last weeks meeting.

I estimate that would leave circ 12.70/12.75 left for 2 riders.

That's where it could get trickier. Janowski is on 8.97 IF he ever agreed to return which if he becomes World Champ maybe not. It would only leave 3.73 for another Brit.

Surely too tricky to have say Shanes and a JPB partnership. Another option is a Starke or Newman which MAY still leave 7.50 ish for another possible star or someone on a low average from previous years not riding currently UK ??

The good thing about forums is it cultivates debate/opinion and allows one to think of possibilities for 2018 after the nightmare of 2017.

Also nearly forgot Klindt is still around on a 5.92 GSA but personally think he is only good at reserve and that's even IF he rediscovers his early 2017 form as he started to go off a bit in my opinion even before his injury.

Much to ponder and this season isn't quite over yet except for Poole its as good as gone.