British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

I believe that for the 1st time for the Melbourne GP messrs Pearson and Tatum will be commentating live from the Eithad stadium.

CORRECT ... last year they did it from a BT studio in London. Jason Crump will be doing the interviews.

• Like 1

Bt have been encouraged by viewing figures i believe so hopefully they will do a deal for league racing with the bspa .i dont think the contract runs out for the gp yet

Edited by ray c

I would be more interested in bt sports showing league racing than the gp series. We can watch the gp on numerous tv platforms but not league racing.

When will we find out if bt are interested in continuing showing league racing would be my question.

• Like 1

When, if, BT drop the GP's thats when |I drop BT (and I only joined them this year)

I hop they show British speedway next year but wouldnt be too bothered if they didnt, the racing hasnt been all that exciting for me.

The coverage has been ok for me, just the racing not set me on fire. :cry:

• Like 2

I believe that for the 1st time for the Melbourne GP messrs Pearson and Tatum will be commentating live from the Eithad stadium.

Here we go . . .

Elbows kicks and bites. As i said, we are lucky to have speedway on the TV.

I would be more interested in bt sports showing league racing than the gp series. We can watch the gp on numerous tv platforms but not league racing.

When will we find out if bt are interested in continuing showing league racing would be my question.

For once I agree with these 2 posters! Starry is right - all we hear from a good proportion on this forum is moaning about speedway and the way it is ran but we expect a major TV company to show British Speedway.

And I also prefer to watch league racing rather than the GP's, personal opinion of course but one I share with Steve.

• Like 5

Bt have been encouraged by viewing figures i believe so hopefully they will do a deal for league racing with the bspa .i dont think the contract runs out for the gp yet

quite the opposite I believe on the viewing figures and I wouldn't hold your breath on watching any league racing next year, maybe just the gp at a push. The knock on effect I can see happening if Bt pull out is we might lose the likes of Freddie, Jason and holder to the uk next year. where is the money going to come from to pay them .

quite the opposite I believe on the viewing figures and I wouldn't hold your breath on watching any league racing next year, maybe just the gp at a push. The knock on effect I can see happening if Bt pull out is we might lose the likes of Freddie, Jason and holder to the uk next year. where is the money going to come from to pay them .

Wrong, very very wrong it is the sport that has increased subscriptions not any individual within it

• Like 1

BT have been pleased with viewing figures for both the SGP and the PL. No doubt they are keen to continue in 2018 but depends what sort of deal the BSPA are prepared to accept.

My guess would be that if BT pick up the cost of production and pay a meeting fee, perhaps £10,000, the BSPA will bite their hand off. As well they should.

• Like 3

BT have been pleased with viewing figures for both the SGP and the PL. No doubt they are keen to continue in 2018 but depends what sort of deal the BSPA are prepared to accept.

My guess would be that if BT pick up the cost of production and pay a meeting fee, perhaps £10,000, the BSPA will bite their hand off. As well they should.

Agreed Phil, a no-brainer in the words of Kevin Bacon

• Like 2

The deal should be that BT will cover the production costs and then if the BSPA can deliver more GP riders to the league then there will be money paid for each meeting

• Like 1

The deal should be that BT will cover the production costs and then if the BSPA can deliver more GP riders to the league then there will be money paid for each meeting

If that is what is on offer than not worth doing in my opinion. No point having GP riders racing against conference league reserves.

• Like 3