British Speedway Forum
iainb

Time To Scrap Doubling Up?

Yes guests used in relation to doubling up....you know the subject of the thread -

the thing being spoken about on the thread - the thing i was talking about in the post you quoted

You cant actually be this stupid can you? Actually dont answer that - in fact dont reply at all - i cant lower myself to your idiocy any longer it hurts my brain engaging with you.

No...I just think it hurts your brain full stop. :lol:;)

I asked you a question...as in a conversation. That's how threads work. Read the question...then you answer.

Nurse...someone needs their meds...quick :lol:

I agree though...too much like hard work talking with you.

All the best...have a good evening. :t:

PS...you're not a Promotor are you...they speak in riddles too...

Edited by Gresham

No...I just think it hurts your brain full stop. :lol:;)

I asked you a question...as in a conversation. That's how threads work. Read the question...then you answer.

Nurse...someone needs their meds...quick :lol:

I agree though...too much like hard work talking with you.

All the best...have a good evening. :t:

PS...you're not a Promotor are you...they speak in riddles too...

"hacksaw"is starting to remind me of another previous poster.
  • Like 3

We are at the point where we have got to stop finding reasons why we can't get rid of doubling up and work at solutions to get rid of it and for anybody who doesn't think doubling up is a problem ask you partner/wife is it's alright to spend a couple of days with another woman who lives up the road , see how that goes

• Like 5

We are at the point where we have got to stop finding reasons why we can't get rid of doubling up and work at solutions to get rid of it and for anybody who doesn't think doubling up is a problem ask you partner/wife is it's alright to spend a couple of days with another woman who lives up the road , see how that goes

Sounds more like rider replacement :rofl:

• Like 4

If the top rider from every 2nd tier team was replaced by the top dozen riders in the NL this would still be far from nl standard as a hyperthetical

When your are getting top tier heat leaders riding in the 2nd tier this is a massive problem. When the conversion rate was 50% this was never a problem because the maximum allowable was a 6 point elite league rider. If those leagues had strengthened and weakened as 1 there wouldn't be any mess. Cook Harris Morris lambert masters worrall Lawson king grazionek holder should be dissuaded from riding 2leagues.

where does it end, Chris holder, kk, Hans,

It's messed up the order of things really. 2nd tier fans won't agree or 3rd but the 2 top leagues need to be further apart not closer together and the few double ups there would be would need to prioritize the senior league. That's the marketable league.

I'm still laughing - thanks for that The Dean Machine. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A terrific analogy. :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

If the top rider from every 2nd tier team was replaced by the top dozen riders in the NL this would still be far from nl standard as a hyperthetical

When your are getting top tier heat leaders riding in the 2nd tier this is a massive problem. When the conversion rate was 50% this was never a problem because the maximum allowable was a 6 point elite league rider. If those leagues had strengthened and weakened as 1 there wouldn't be any mess. Cook Harris Morris lambert masters worrall Lawson king grazionek holder should be dissuaded from riding 2leagues.

where does it end, Chris holder, kk, Hans,

It's messed up the order of things really. 2nd tier fans won't agree or 3rd but the 2 top leagues need to be further apart not closer together and the few double ups there would be would need to prioritize the senior league. That's the marketable league.

So investing all efforts into one marketable league with 8 teams and doing so at the expense of a league with 10 teams, 10 sets of fans, 10 clubs accounts, finances and budgets – that doesn’t make sense.

Today from Rosco...

SWINDON boss Alun Rossiter has joined the growing band of key figures to call for set race nights for the Premiership.
Rossiter has revealed how riders doubling-up with Championship clubs is making it impossible to rearrange fixtures after rain-offs.
And he says there is only one way to avoid the problem – by protecting two nights in the week for Premiership racing with the Championship and National League free to run on any of the other five.
He said: “The situation has now become impossible. Clubs cannot agree to new dates because their riders are on duty in the Championship and they would have three or four riders missing.
“We are really struggling to fill a gap next Thursday, August 24, after we lost the Somerset meeting through rain.
“It’s no good for our business and no good for the fans who almost expect to turn up and see guests and rider replacement.
“Thankfully on Monday against King’s Lynn there is no clash with other clubs, but to try and get a new fixture for next Thursday without riders missing is proving almost impossible.
“Set race night must be brought in as a matter of urgency to avoid clashes. If Thursday is a Premiership night then no Championship clashes would occur.
“Then there’s the debate about doubling up anyway and how fans get confused about who is riding for who. I can see their point.
“With, say, two set race nights for the Premiership it would mean we would have all our riders available apart from injury or illness.
“It’s a matter which needs to be top of the agenda at the next management committee meeting with a view to approving it at the AGM.”

Agree with Rosco but you won't get 2nd div clubs to change their night. So could all 1st Division clubs ride Monday or Wednesday? I very much doubt Belle Vue would want to switch, nor would Leicester, let's face it, they've stuck with Saturdays even though most of their meetings are a joke, and they know that before the season starts.

Sorry, but we've got one more year of this crap, then the Sky money ends and we can have one realistic league of 12/13 clubs, and the rest in a much weaker competition. Just hope we can keep the fans interested for another year.

Edited by spanner47

Today from Rosco...

SWINDON boss Alun Rossiter has joined the growing band of key figures to call for set race nights for the Premiership.

Rossiter has revealed how riders doubling-up with Championship clubs is making it impossible to rearrange fixtures after rain-offs.

And he says there is only one way to avoid the problem – by protecting two nights in the week for Premiership racing with the Championship and National League free to run on any of the other five.

He said: “The situation has now become impossible. Clubs cannot agree to new dates because their riders are on duty in the Championship and they would have three or four riders missing.

“We are really struggling to fill a gap next Thursday, August 24, after we lost the Somerset meeting through rain.

“It’s no good for our business and no good for the fans who almost expect to turn up and see guests and rider replacement.

“Thankfully on Monday against King’s Lynn there is no clash with other clubs, but to try and get a new fixture for next Thursday without riders missing is proving almost impossible.

“Set race night must be brought in as a matter of urgency to avoid clashes. If Thursday is a Premiership night then no Championship clashes would occur.

“Then there’s the debate about doubling up anyway and how fans get confused about who is riding for who. I can see their point.

“With, say, two set race nights for the Premiership it would mean we would have all our riders available apart from injury or illness.

“It’s a matter which needs to be top of the agenda at the next management committee meeting with a view to approving it at the AGM.”

Whatever happens about race nights, there is still far too much doubling up anyway and restricting race nights might well allow that to continue. Six man teams and less double uppers is needed.

• Like 1

How many Clubs are confined to what night they can race, by being controlled by local councils?

That would also have an affect.

• Like 1

Yes hacksaw Jim duggan. I am.

It won't make the leagues any less entertaining. Will make those leagues cheaper to run too. And maybe will give riders more incentive to find themselves teams abroad to progress. We may see the national team progress!

No rider with a premiership average of over 6 should be eligible for championship team building. Maximum 3 double ups per team with the priority being given to the premiership team (with the exception of rearranged fixtures)

There used to be strict rules in place but now lines have blurred to the point Harris lambert and cook double up. It's ridiculous

So investing all efforts into one marketable league with 8 teams and doing so at the expense of a league with 10 teams, 10 sets of fans, 10 clubs accounts, finances and budgets – that doesn’t make sense.

8 clubs with crowds of 2000-3000 is better than 10 clubs with crowds of 800-1000

8 clubs with crowds of 2000-3000 is better than 10 clubs with crowds of 800-1000

2000-30000,your dreaming IMO .Dont worry they are saying it will a be sorted out at the Conference this winter.!!! They need to ban the sale of alcohol first.!!!

What was initially introduced as a way for young up and coming Brits to gain extra experience in the higher league has now turned into a complete farce (a bit like the draft system... whatever happened to that?). It seems to me that too many riders think that they are owed a full time living by Speedway these days. Back in the day, riders held down a job and took time off to ride Speedway and that wasn't too long ago (wasn't Carl Stonehewer also a Postman? While also riding in the GP's?). The current double up system is not sustainable too many riders are doing it, meaning that there's a lack of openings for the youngsters. We are now at a stage where almost every league match seems to be effected by lack of riders. This is making a mockery of the Sport (as always I use the term Sport loosely).

It's been time to stop doubling up for a long time. It is no longer a tool to help young Brits progress up the leagues, more just a way for riders to compete in both leagues to make riding pay. Riders should have one club here (unless stricter rules for youngsters only being allowed to double up can be put into place) and if they can't compete full time as a result of that then they'll have to get a job away from racing to help pay the bills/fund their racing.

• Like 4