British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

I know Sheffield have a few injuries but do they suddenly only have Graversen left?

It's one more than Redcar have

What's up with Bjerre or Bates? Whilst there is no denying Summers deserves his place on merit the PLRC or whatever has never allowed 3 riders from the same team in it. The year Kenni Larson won Newcastle also had Rene Bach, and Mark Lemon missed out when he was in the top TEN!!

No idea why bates and bjerre aren't racing but presumably not available otherwise graversen wouldn't be riding. Accept summers wouldn't normally get a spot but sadly with all the injuries he is an obvious last minute replacement. Of course I am sure Workington fans would rather James Sargent had been picked 😉

Lambert rode for Lublin last Sunday.... missing from Newcastle on Monday night... Why???

Hope they move this meeting to a decent track next year..... no chance in hell of me going to Glasgow whilst it is such a poor track

Lambert rode for Lublin last Sunday.... missing from Newcastle on Monday night... Why???

Hope they move this meeting to a decent track next year..... no chance in hell of me going to Glasgow whilst it is such a poor track

Each to their own lol the tracks has had great racing all year Edited by mac101

Picked up a leg injury on Sunday. He's out for at least two weeks apparently, so will miss this weekend and possibly the double header on the 22nd.

It's reported that they are planning major work on the track over the winter. Widening the straights by taking 1 1/2 metres off the insides, bringing the bends in by two metres on the inside and, I hope, reducing the banking accordingly.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

It depends whether you want good riders in the event or not eg graversen is the Sheffield rep so who would be there second rider. Despite criticism from some Glasgow fans Summers has been in the championship top 20 averages all year so has earned his place

I would rather another team had a couple of riders in the field than Glasgow and Peterborough having three. If the other teams cannot provide a second representative then that's a different story (sure Ipswich or Berwick could find another rider for the field).

Could Jake Knight be called up for this?

campton or proctor for me . they have been in everything else this week .

• Like 1

campton or proctor for me . they have been in everything else this week .

and did a fine job thanks 👍

I would rather another team had a couple of riders in the field than Glasgow and Peterborough having three. If the other teams cannot provide a second representative then that's a different story (sure Ipswich or Berwick could find another rider for the field).

Are you sure you are sure cos if so please tell us who these riders are and why they haven't been invited.

It's reported that they are planning major work on the track over the winter. Widening the straights by taking 1 1/2 metres off the insides, bringing the bends in by two metres on the inside and, I hope, reducing the banking accordingly.

Where was this reported? Remember a football team uses the centre green and the previous promotion always said they couldn't reduce the size of the pitch.

Any Glasgow fans give a weather update please , looking to leave Workington around 12pm . Thank you

Dry with the sun trying to break through just now. Forecast dry for the rest of the day.

Thank you

Must admit that I am frustrated we spent so much money on great facilities but have to put up with a gate and go track where spread out races are more common than not.the gap between first and last after bend 2 is too much for good racing. Cant see how we can get anymore room unless we were to move the football pitch to a new site within the complex. Hopefully be a good safe meeting tonight....and its still dry!!!!! But wrap up warm.