British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Sheffield Vs Newcastle 17th August 2017 Sgb Championship

Can Scott please ride for Ipswich next season? The numbers through the the turnstiles would go up many fold and the local lad would be welcome back with open arms. Come on CL, make it happen.

• Like 1

Newcastle started well then the Tigers turned up the heat and swept them away. The ride by Lasse in heat 15 was worth the entrance fee. Full throttle around the outside for another 5 -1 to the Tigers. UTT.

• Like 1

Can Scott please ride for Ipswich next season? The numbers through the the turnstiles would go up many fold and the local lad would be welcome back with open arms. Come on CL, make it happen.

I'd love Scott at Newcastle, but it'd never happen, he's my favourite non-diamond/ex-diamond Brit...

I'd love Scott at Newcastle, but it'd never happen, he's my favourite non-diamond/ex-diamond Brit...

I was at the Diamonds meeting before the start of the season and I believe he contacted George asking for a team slot!!!

What happened after Heat 10, we were doing OK up to that point and then .........

I was at the Diamonds meeting before the start of the season and I believe he contacted George asking for a team slot!!!

What happened after Heat 10, we were doing OK up to that point and then .........

REALLY? I'd love him to ride for us... Maybe he can be our big name next year after, presumably, Robert moves on... Scott and Steve as out top end, would suit me, might not be the very best top end, but it would be entertaining... Especially if we can build in Robbo and Ludvig into the team too... All four capable of great races... Although I'd feel that would leave us without Rose and 2 weak reserves again... Interesting times ahead for me, I just gotta hope the average limit goes up!!

REALLY? I'd love him to ride for us... Maybe he can be our big name next year after, presumably, Robert moves on... Scott and Steve as out top end, would suit me, might not be the very best top end, but it would be entertaining... Especially if we can build in Robbo and Ludvig into the team too... All four capable of great races... Although I'd feel that would leave us without Rose and 2 weak reserves again... Interesting times ahead for me, I just gotta hope the average limit goes up!!

The average has to go up it cannot stay in it's diluted state that it is currently in , Ideally it should be a 45pt limit but 42.5 would at least mean the league isn't diminished anymore in terms of quality.

Averages really should only be used for team positions and a rider draft should be used to build teams, the current system is prohibitive in building and keeping a team that any particular promotion would want.

The average has to go up it cannot stay in it's diluted state that it is currently in , Ideally it should be a 45pt limit but 42.5 would at least mean the league isn't diminished anymore in terms of quality.

Averages really should only be used for team positions and a rider draft should be used to build teams, the current system is prohibitive in building and keeping a team that any particular promotion would want.

It should be 45, if two teams face eachother, there are 90 points on the night up for grabs... split between the teams, it's 45, so the teams should be built to the limit where they are, on average, getting 45 points... 40 or 42.5 seems silly, when the teams were a 45 limit, the league was 100 times better than it is now... If they drop it any more, it'll be a huge mistake imo...

• Like 1

It should be 45, if two teams face eachother, there are 90 points on the night up for grabs... split between the teams, it's 45, so the teams should be built to the limit where they are, on average, getting 45 points... 40 or 42.5 seems silly, when the teams were a 45 limit, the league was 100 times better than it is now... If they drop it any more, it'll be a huge mistake imo...

If they drop it anymore there will be no fans left to watch it.

• Like 1

Heat 15 is a bonus heat for top points scorers. Based on 7 riders taking 4 rides each(up to & inc heat14, it shouldn't be lower than 42.

If they drop it anymore there will be no fans left to watch it.

Exactly!!

Heat 15 is a bonus heat for top points scorers. Based on 7 riders taking 4 rides each(up to & inc heat14, it shouldn't be lower than 42.

But heat 15's points are still up for grabs and they still count towards the rider's averages

Exactly!!

But heat 15's points are still up for grabs and they still count towards the rider's averages

Well yes, sort of. If you've had four rides and scored 8 points your average is 8. If you get an extra ride in heat 15 and finish 2nd = 5 rides 10 points. Your average is still 8, and has no effect on team building.

• Like 3

Well yes, sort of. If you've had four rides and scored 8 points your average is 8. If you get an extra ride in heat 15 and finish 2nd = 5 rides 10 points. Your average is still 8, and has no effect on team building.

I wish I had a quid for everytime I have read that explanation on the BSF. :D

• Like 1

And heres me thinking you were made of money a mean a wish a could have 7 holidays a year , where you off to next and when 😂😂😂😂😂

And heres me thinking you were made of money a mean a wish a could have 7 holidays a year , where you off to next and when

Cruise in October including two days in Barcelona. :cry::cry:

Cruise in October including two days in Barcelona. :cry::cry:

Stay safe then Dave if you can. :)