British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

I wish people wouldn't keep banging on and on with the "my tracks better than yours" debate.

Just be grateful you still have one...Some of us ain't so lucky. :sad:

• Like 4

I wish people wouldn't keep banging on and on with the "my tracks better than yours" debate.

Just be grateful you still have one...Some of us ain't so lucky. :sad:

My track is Ipswich and the racing there is poor with 1 or 2 half decent meetings a season.

I think 99% of fans know the decent tracks .........the other 1% is made of the same people who simply just like to troll

My track is Ipswich and the racing there is poor with 1 or 2 half decent meetings a season.

I think 99% of fans know the decent tracks .........the other 1% is made of the same people who simply just like to troll

I haven't been to Ipswich for over twenty years but I remember a brilliant meeting in 1990 when the Witches beat the Kestrels by a point, with the last race being voted race of the season.

I think it finished, Whittaker, Mogridge, Louis and Galvin. Great times!

Riders would prefer to ride at Wolves rather than the 'horror' track of Poole.

Riders like KK you mean... :D

I haven't been to Ipswich for over twenty years but I remember a brilliant meeting in 1990 when the Witches beat the Kestrels by a point, with the last race being voted race of the season.

I think it finished, Whittaker, Mogridge, Louis and Galvin. Great times!

correct it was 1990 and was highlighted on re run videos race of the season.

Louis and Galvin were the big 2 but the other 2 were first and second.

4 members of the 1988 side

Edited by Gavan

Forgive me but KK scored 11+1 for Rye House at Poole earlier this month so he can't dislike the track that much!

Forgive me but KK scored 11+1 for Rye House at Poole earlier this month so he can't dislike the track that much!

No, just the team he was riding for lol

Anybody who thinks Wolves is a decent track doesn't understand the concept of Speedway!

Another one who thinks speedway should be full throttle on big wide tracks no doubt Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

Anybody who thinks Wolves is a decent track doesn't understand the concept of Speedway!

ah ok lets make tracks big and wide and fast so the rider who wins has the best bikes.

no thanks give me skill over speed

• Like 1

the shape and size doesnt come into it.

Not what my missus says,whoops sorry wrong forum :oops::D

Just because someone scores well at a track it doesn't mean they have to like it.

Just because someone scores well at a track it doesn't mean they have to like it.

I agree with that as his sudden improvement is down to who he is riding for.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1

KK had no issues with Pooles track at all.....just needed managing correctly

I think once the move to bring KK in for Sedgmen was made then Morley was the only option to replace the injured Rob Branford. Morley for Perks was not a straight swap.

Barker and Sedgmen for Kennett and Perks was a strange decision. Barker seemingly picked up on the strength of one TV meeting at Belle Vue. It should have made us stronger at reserve and stronger away but it didn't. KK's don't come along on five point averages every year and it was a stroke of luck that it happened and indeed that he looks happy at Rye.

Kennett was never going to be a number one in the top league and was a victim of the averages not changing for a fair while lumbering him with the number one race jacket. I hope the bridges have not been burned with him because he could be on an attractive average as a second string next year.

Sedgmen was bad, to replace him with a former world number two is hardly mystifying for me. This is sport and to win you have to be ruthless sometimes.

Watt was a gamble perhaps. Was it inept? Not at all, he had a good Australian Championship and if it had paid off would have been seen as a masterstroke. It didn't and he was quickly replaced.

I think some of the decisions made this year have been strange of course, but if we win the league we can't complain too much because that's the name of the game. All I hope for next year is more consistent meetings at home, well across the whole league.

A few clarifications

I didn't suggest Perks / Morley was a swap. The point I was making if Kennett was got rid of because of his away form then Ben being bought in made no sense as whilst he was ok for home meetings his away form was never going to be great so that suggests there was naivety in that selection.

Sedgman was bad? For Rye House? You base that on what 3 rides at Wolverhampton? Easy to say his sacking is just the way Speedway is. If he was so bad why sign him.

Dave Watts career was over. You can't seriously suggest his performance in a very ordinary sub standard Australian Championship added to the previous seasons woes made his inclusion a sensible one

Yes the management will be hailed as geniuses but it will be more by luck than judgement. Getting rid of Kennett may well prove to be a massive blunder as he will sit at No 4 for someone next year and if I were he then no way would it be Rye next year

Yes Speedway is a sport where at times you need to be ruthless but get the team right initially and you have no need to make so many changes.

A few clarifications

I didn't suggest Perks / Morley was a swap. The point I was making if Kennett was got rid of because of his away form then Ben being bought in made no sense as whilst he was ok for home meetings his away form was never going to be great so that suggests there was naivety in that selection.

Sedgman was bad? For Rye House? You base that on what 3 rides at Wolverhampton? Easy to say his sacking is just the way Speedway is. If he was so bad why sign him.

Dave Watts career was over. You can't seriously suggest his performance in a very ordinary sub standard Australian Championship added to the previous seasons woes made his inclusion a sensible one

Yes the management will be hailed as geniuses but it will be more by luck than judgement. Getting rid of Kennett may well prove to be a massive blunder as he will sit at No 4 for someone next year and if I were he then no way would it be Rye next year

Yes Speedway is a sport where at times you need to be ruthless but get the team right initially and you have no need to make so many changes.

Morley's signing was nothing to do with the Kennett/Perks team change. So the justification behind that wasn't because we needed to do better away from home it was a necessity because Branford was injured and we wanted to bring KK in.

Sedgmen has been bad all season, dropped by Belle Vue and Ipswich also tried to drop him. He had one meeting for us and wasn't great in that. If you have the chance to sign Kasprzak and save your season then you take it.

I said Watt was a gamble. But the justification for making it was there. Personally I think we should have gone for Schlein instead but that's water under the bridge. Watt was clearly not at the races and was swiftly replaced.

They won't be hailed as geniuses by me because it is clearly luck, that's beside the point though. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. KK fell in our laps and it could secure us the league title. Had we stuck with Sedgmen we'd probably be heading for a relegation play-off (if they're even still happening).

Hopefully bridges with Kennett haven't been burned. If he is on the right average next year (sub six) then he'd be an ideal second string for us. Had he been kept though his average wouldn't have been attractive for next year.

The rules are the rules and you have to use them to your advantage when you can. I'd prefer to see a team built at the start of the season and stick together. How do you solve that? Get rid of play-offs. Then the team who finish top will win the league and there wouldn't be a ridiculous situation in which a mid-table side can finish as champions.

I'll still celebrate if we win the league though.

Edited by Ben91