British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

We have nothing to fear from Swindon. That run of wins means nothing now. A great acheivement but its the past. The run ended spectacularly last night and Rosco must be concerned with a couple of his riders looking like they are running out of steam.

Against that is a Poole team who have endured a torrid mid season where our form and confidence completely deserted us. We were at rock bottom and a championship side could have beaten us.

But since that horrendous 30-60 defeat we have slowly but surely come together as a team. Confidence has grown week upon week. Middlo has shown why he is revered at Poole and the riders have reacted very well to his management. In the last few meetings we have seen the Poole fighting spirit resurface. At Kings Lynn we got the 4 points, then last night in a much tougher meeting and being 10 down, the team dug deep. As English Roundabout said in his meeting summary, the Poole team just all clicked together. Middlo probably got them all together and gave a now or never talk and the team reacted in a positively. On track it was a sight to see.

As the season has panned out, Swindon fans believe the Robins will win both legs of the semi quite comfortably and are probably more concerned about who they will meet in the final. They have seen Pirates off without too much bother in league meetings, bar Poole getting at draw at Blunsdon. They won convincingly at Poole in the B fixture. What is there to be worried about?

Swindon fans are getting ahead of themselves. Even if they did beat us in the semi-final. Wolves would slaughter them around Monmore.

We have nothing to fear from Swindon. That run of wins means nothing now. A great acheivement but its the past. The run ended spectacularly last night and Rosco must be concerned with a couple of his riders looking like they are running out of steam.

Against that is a Poole team who have endured a torrid mid season where our form and confidence completely deserted us. We were at rock bottom and a championship side could have beaten us.

But since that horrendous 30-60 defeat we have slowly but surely come together as a team. Confidence has grown week upon week. Middlo has shown why he is revered at Poole and the riders have reacted very well to his management. In the last few meetings we have seen the Poole fighting spirit resurface. At Kings Lynn we got the 4 points, then last night in a much tougher meeting and being 10 down, the team dug deep. As English Roundabout said in his meeting summary, the Poole team just all clicked together. Middlo probably got them all together and gave a now or never talk and the team reacted in a positively. On track it was a sight to see.

As the season has panned out, Swindon fans believe the Robins will win both legs of the semi quite comfortably and are probably more concerned about who they will meet in the final. They have seen Pirates off without too much bother in league meetings, bar Poole getting at draw at Blunsdon. They won convincingly at Poole in the B fixture. What is there to be worried about?

No one I know is worried!!! If we don't make the final its a straight up bottle job. My only slight doubt is caused by some of our previous bottle jobs in play offs. But based on this season we should do it easily. Lahti at reserve has been a massive part of Pooles run in last 2 weeks. 2 big crowds and we both love beating the other more than any other team so bring it on!! In mid June I thought our only end of season play off would be against the PL winners so I'm looking forward to the play offs.

I don't get the Wolves thing as aside from the Leicester away A fixture they've not convinced me.

They won at Somerset but it wasn't really wolves and then had gifts against weakened teams in their other victories.

They do however have a fabulous home track advantage that can be improved upon with track prep.

Swindon haven't been tested until last night and I think there are in for a wake up call come the play offs even against Poole.

Can't discount Poole as Fords overzealous approach to winning sees the boundaries of sportsmanship pushed to the limit.

A fully fit Aces team should have the beating of anyone but track prep at The NSS will decide things. If it's a cracking race track then game over for the visitors. Gate & go and it will play right into the oppositions hands.

I don't get the Wolves thing as aside from the Leicester away A fixture they've not convinced me.

They won at Somerset but it wasn't really wolves and then had gifts against weakened teams in their other victories.

They do however have a fabulous home track advantage that can be improved upon with track prep.

Swindon haven't been tested until last night and I think there are in for a wake up call come the play offs even against Poole.

Can't discount Poole as Fords overzealous approach to winning sees the boundaries of sportsmanship pushed to the limit.

A fully fit Aces team should have the beating of anyone but track prep at The NSS will decide things. If it's a cracking race track then game over for the visitors. Gate & go and it will play right into the oppositions hands.

Last night Swindon had r/r for a good rider, neither of our normal reserves and a rider who had had a big off on monday who scored nothing, at a difficult track, so if we can get our reserve positions sorted, write us off at your peril.

When BWD returns from injury as a reserve he will have up to 3 new engines, one already delivered so expect a major change from him, and Rosco has a decent reserve lined up to guest for Zach.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Everyone seems to be writing Swindon off, and that probably suits us actually. The loss at Rye House probably did us good.

Being league leaders could have put pressure on us, but first Poole fans and now Belle Vue fans are still just as dismissive as they were at the start of the season.

We know we punched above our weight in the league, but if we click again we are still as strong as any of the other three.

Maybe it's Poole and Belle Vue who are due a wake up call.

• Like 2

This Poole fan is certainly not being dismissive of Swindon. When they click as they have done for 17 consecutive winning meetings they are a force to be reckoned with.......

BUT as a certain Poole fan always says - love him or loathe him - nothing is won in May, June, July and August!!

I am just pleased to have more meetings to attend.

• Like 2

I don't know where you get the idea that everyone is writing off Swindon. Currently, there is a poll on Twitter and at the moment 42% think Swindon will win, Wolves are next with 24%, Belle Vue 18% and Poole 17%.

Swindon are my favourites for the title but unsurprisingly, I think the Aces can do it if we have our full 1-7 and Fricke regains his form straight away.

• Like 2

With no team being able to strengthen up just for the play off it is a much better competition than last season, which lacked credibility and was a foregone conclusion after Wolves signed Woofinden.

If Max is fit Belle Vue look a good match for Poole and Swindon but away at Wolves may be the problem again.

Wolves chances rest on their home legs because they are poor away. Swindon could beat anyone home and away but could also lose home and away if the pressure gets to them.

Poole must have a chance based on the way they battled to clinch fourth place.

To be honest all teams have a chance because anything can happen in a speedway meeting I just hope there is no controversial decisions from the referee.

Wolves chances rest on their home legs because they are poor away.

We have won 6 times and taken points on 4 other occasions. We have failed to pick up anything on 4 occasions .

So I fail to see your logic.

• Like 1

We have won 6 times and taken points on 4 other occasions. We have failed to pick up anything on 4 occasions .

So I fail to see your logic.

I think Wolves are pretty solid away from home, Thorsell and Greaves maybe a little suspect away but the rest are going well everywhere.

• Like 1

I don't think Wolves have beaten any of the top teams away while Swindon have won at Belle Vue and Poole, Poole have won at Wolves and drawn at Belle Vue and Swindon and Belle Vue have won at Swindon and Poole.

Yes but with full teams I expect some of those results may have been different. The play offs with hopefully full teams should be close matches home and away.

Swindon - Poole

Belle vue - wolves

Poole and belle vue final with belle vue coming up Victors

A full belle vue 1-7 will blast anyone away. Tungate bjerre and fricke are all bringing there polish engines over and will fly round NSS.

I don't think Wolves have beaten any of the top teams away while Swindon have won at Belle Vue and Poole, Poole have won at Wolves and drawn at Belle Vue and Swindon and Belle Vue have won at Swindon and Poole.

That's a different opinion then.

So long as all teams have full strength sides then we can see whether Wolves are capable of beating them over 2 legs.

Whoever wins over 2 legs is the better team, irrespective of who wins away.

The stats show that Wolves aren't poor away however.

Wolves have lost by 2 at Poole, lost by 1 at Swindon.

Belle Vue is the only team we have lost comfortably at on both occasions.

Swindon - Poole

Belle vue - wolves

Poole and belle vue final with belle vue coming up Victors

A full belle vue 1-7 will blast anyone away. Tungate bjerre and fricke are all bringing there polish engines over and will fly round NSS.

Oh right, we'll just give you the title now then

Oh right, we'll just give you the title now then

Yes. You might aswell tbh